[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I cure my social anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 14587354278.jpg (40KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
14587354278.jpg
40KB, 900x900px
How the fuck do I cure my social anxiety
>>
File: stop.jpg (22KB, 440x460px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
22KB, 440x460px
>>17905413
stop fapping
>>
>>17905413
It's not something to cure, it's a skill to learn. Which is usually done the same way as with any skill. Read up bits about psychology and social dynamics if you struggle with the basics, rest is practice.
>>
>>17905413

Force yourself to enter social situations, no matter how scary. Start small if you have to.

The process involves gathering up all your courage to try something and then discovering it it wasn't quite that scary after all - scary, perhaps, but not requiring quite as much courage as you had ready.

It may never ever stop being scary, but you will develop the confidence that its scariness is within your capacity to handle.
>>
>>17905413
Force yourself to talk to people all the time. Start with people you don't care about and who you'll likely never see again and do simple chit chat and endure feeling like a moron. You need to put in practice if you want to get better.
>>
>>17905413
Like other people said, just takes practice.

For people who are really having trouble, a good baby step is getting into some kind of social group online where you voice chat with others regularly.

Such as a static raid group, a nice guild, a 5man squad in your favorite fps, etc.

This can help way more than you might think.
>>
>>17905413
Mine seem to fade away over time. I think it was continued social exposure.

>>17905760
Now, maybe this guy has a point. I did used to fap 5 times a week. I cut it down to 2, and then to only once every 2 weeks. Maybe that had something to do with it, but I'm not sure.

>>17905769
It's true that a person with social anxiety may lack social skills, but you have to remember that they suffer from an irrational anxiety. That anxiety makes social interaction hell.
>>
>>17905807
>a good baby step is getting into some kind of social group online where you voice chat with others regularly.
Not OP and maybe I am just weird but voice chat/phone is a lot harder than actual social interactions for me unless I know the people from IRL. Though webcam kinda makes it bearable.

Getting a job in retail helped me a lot. They basically take anyone and you're forced in social interactions, but due them being meaningless failure isn't that hard to take either.
>>
File: 1410591969739.gif (127KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1410591969739.gif
127KB, 854x480px
>>17905816
>>17905760
No.

Masturbation and social skill are not related.

If anything, not masturbating gave you confidence because of your preconceived notion that masturbating is something losers do, which is wrong.
>>
>>17905818
I never thought that.

I'm not one of those No Fap ideologues, but I have noticed that when I don't fap for a bit, I become more extroverted. That may help overcome social anxiety in some way.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.