[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't get my girlfriend a christmas present. We've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

I didn't get my girlfriend a christmas present. We've only been dating a month. We've already had sex.

But her mom told her that she cannot see me anymore because I don't truly love her because I didn't get her a christmas present. My girlfriend says even when shes with me she can hear her mom in the back of her head. Now I realize why she's so anxious all the time. My girlfriend said she cannot have a fight with her parents everytime she wants to go out with me. And her and her mom are close. She's asking me for advice on what to do. I told her we're 23 and we're old enough to make our own decisions.

She says she is really stressed out and is not feeling well because of the situation. I suggested I could buy her some flowers. But she said that's not me and she doesn't feel like she has to ask me for a present just to impress her parents. And she also added that asking for a present ruins the whole point. I don't know what to do. Should I buy her a bundle of roses? It'd make me feel like such a faggot if I did something like that. I don't even know what I could even get her as a present. I have no ideas. I don't want to seem cheap either.
>>
You didn't buy your gurlfriend a christmas present. You should probably dump her so she can date a good human being.
>>
>>17904911
her mom sounds like a cunt
>>
>>17904928
Honestly, it wouldn't have been too hard to spend $10 on chocolates
>>
>>17904911
You definitely shouldve gotten her something for Christmas.

That being said, take her out for a nice dinner, some flowers, make the night special so she can feel reassured you give a fuck and can reassure her mother as well.
>>
>>17904911
>I told her we're 23 and we're old enough to make our own decisions.
Pretty much.

But you massively fucked up by not buying her a present in time, giving her some shit now is unlikely to help. You basically walked out of store with unpaid shit in your bags, offering to pay for the stuff after police was called is bit late.
>>
>>17904931
I did buy chocolates and wine. I also lit candles and prepared dinner when she came over on christmas.

But I didn't give her a physical present I guess
>>
>>17904975
This doesn't even sound that bad, especially if it wasn't wine for 5 bucks. Did she ask for more or it's purely her mom going full retard?
>>
>>17904985
She said her mom fills her mind with doubts

When she spent the night at my house 3 weeks ago. Her mom was calling every 5 minutes
>>
>>17905022
Hey bud, I'm gonna save you decades of bullshit right now. The mother of your gf/wife is always going to be a pain in the ass. Maybe not daily, maybe not all the time. But she'll be a pain int he ass for you and your relationship. Because the relationship between mother and daughter is unique and powerful in ways your relationship with your gf/wife will never be. Daughters implicitly trust their mothers.

However, intelligent, independent women know when their mother is being irrational or obnoxious, and will ignore her or outright tell her to knock it off. Your chick is not doing that. She is not thinking for herself, nor is she willing to stand up to her mom and tell her that she is overstepping boundaries.

If you continue with this girl, or any girl like her, you are going to hate your life. Never hook up with a chick who can't be her own person.
>>
>>17905022
sounds like your gf should estrange her mother for her own mental health
>>
>>17905033
Seconded.

Many of my girlfriends and female friends had overbearing moms too but they didn't let their mother affect their dating life so much, especially at fucking 23. It's not like the chick is 16.
>>
>>17905033
>>17905038
The problem is shes turning to me now and is asking me what to do. And I guess is asking me on how to run her life. I responded by telling her to make her own decisions since she is old enough to do so.

I don't want to tell her mother is being controlling or irrational because I'm afraid her mother will find out I said that. I'm trying to be as diplomatic as possible.
>>
>>17904928
>>17904941
The fuck is wrong with you stupid dogs. What if I do not celebrate such shit because I do not believe in it. Or even better, I give a crap about it.

"huur duur duur hur muh christmas spirit", go fuck yourself.
>>
>>17905049
You're not listening to me. I said:

>Never hook up with a chick who can't be her own person.

It's not your job, your place or a good idea to hold her hand thru this. You are her boyfriend of a month. Don't be fuckin' nuts, guy. Tell her to figure the shit out on her own. It's not your problem. If that's a deal breaker for your chick, then good, you dodged a bullet.

Don't fuck with girls like this. They're children, and you are not their father.
>>
>>17904911
get her something and flowers.
>>
>>17905063
Oh. That's pretty blunt
>>
>>17905066

But needed.
>>
>>17904911
you think its early enough to have sex but not late enough to get her a present? Where are your priorities.
you could of least got her a card anon.
and to the dudes saying your gf is immature; a lot of girls would be upset about not getting a gift. its a courtesy thing that these autists don't understand.
Make it up to her by getting her some flowers or chocolate and spending the day with her. It was obviously important to her to some degree. If this wasn't important to her she would tell her mom to fuck off
>>
>>17905085
sex was her idea
>>
>>17905085

>I suggested I could buy her some flowers. But she said that's not me and she doesn't feel like she has to ask me for a present just to impress her parents.

It's never been implied that SHE is upset about not getting a present, the problem is all her mom. You don't have to be an autist to be able to fucking read.
>>
>>17905100
yeah but if she didnt care about the present wouldnt she tell her mom to fuck off? women have the habit of not being direct about what they are upset about
>>
>>17905116

Any woman with a healthy relationship with her mom would, but obviously this girl doesn't. You're running on the assumption that this girl maintains a healthy distance from her family, but her lack of ability to tell her mom to fuck off makes it clear that she doesn't. Not to mention she basically clings to OP like he's her dad, asking him what to do when she already knows what she should do.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.