[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Relationship Balance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1688.jpg (105KB, 599x586px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1688.jpg
105KB, 599x586px
I'm having a hard time getting my girlfriend to agree with me on how we are going to balance our finances when we move in together in a few months. She's insistent on working two jobs to make ends meet. I had to convince her to even allow me to contribute with the money I make by bringing her one year old son into consideration, but when I brought up the idea of me having two jobs so that she could have more time with her son(60hrs/wk as opposed to 40) she refused and reverted back to wanting to get two jobs. As a child of divorce, I would've been angry at my stepfather had he NOT done what was necessary for me to have ample time with my mom. I'm not too worried about how our personalities balance eachother out when making common decisions not having to do with money, but I'm still evaluating how much it SHOULD matter to me that she wants to be the one making money. I also obviously wouldn't get much time with her after she spends what time she has left with her son.

Has anyone been in a situation like this before that can offer me some advice?

Feel free to ask me for more information, my thoughts usually come out pretty jumbled up and I'm sure I missed plenty of pertinent details.

Pic related but not of us
>>
File: 1391911876611.gif (1MB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
1391911876611.gif
1MB, 301x300px
>hiding "my wifes son"

You did well, OP
>>
>>17904292

she was already abandoned by one man. she does not want to risk being abandoned by another, or at the very least just losing another by her own volition.

its hard NOT to think this way in todays world, even women know marriage isn't forever and not all of them are hella golddiggers.

therei snt much you can do to stand between a woman and what she thinks is right for her kids. good luck though
>>
>>17904310
I can't tell if I didn't understand, or you didn't but her son is not my child.
>>
>>17904318
He's using a meme to make a joke. Don't be so grumpy.
>>
>>17904598
Oh I didn't mean to seem grumpy. I just didn't understand.
>>
>>17904611
I cannot offer advice because I haven't been in those situations. I'm barely trying to move out of my house.

But have the reference at least.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/my-wife-s-son
>>
Final shameless self bump
>>
>>17904310
haha based OP
>>
>>17904292
>50/50 on bills etc
>A bank account each

Problem solved
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.