[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i get into skateboarding?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: XZBYake[1].jpg (160KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XZBYake[1].jpg
160KB, 1080x1080px
How do i get into skateboarding?
>>
>>17903091
Interested as well. Tried in hs, in college now
>>
>>17903091
Get a skateboard, go to a really flat paved area and learn the basics.

Once your comfortable go to a skate park and do some sick ass tricks
>>
>>>/asp/2039137
>>
Just go to the skatepark and do your best, either that or train flatground tricks first.

You're going to look like a dork at first, there's no way getting around it.
>>
>>17903091
start off learning how olllie. then head to a small local skatepark early in the morning when no one is there to practice in a real park without pressure of 12 year olds showing you up
>>
>>17903091
Main thing is getting used to just riding it. If you can stand on the board on slightly angled pavement (like 1% grade) you'll roll slowly without pushing or anything. Just keep your knees slightly bent like any other sport, and don't lean away from the front of the board because you'll fall backwards and it will shoot out from under you. If you can get comfortable standing on a moving piece of wood, tacking on more things is easier from there.

also IMPORTANT. figure out from the start which foot you will lead with and which you will push with. I learned to ride Goofy-Mongo, but I learned to kickflip Regular, while standing still. So when I ride, I can't do tricks because my popping foot is in front unless I put myself in switch. I forced myself to ride switch for a few years so I can do it but its weak shit. Choose a good stance from the start, I fucked myself.
>>
>>17903091

It cannot be done. Some are destined to ride and some are destined to eat pavement. If you aren't grinding by 13, you will never grind.

For real, just buy a board and ride it around in a comfortable place until you feel adept enough to ride on public sidewalks. Then look up tricks from Youtube and you can eventually start to hip up the skateparks.
>>
1. Dont mongopush, it will make you look even more like a dork
2. Learn to ride at first
3. Learn how to ollie, the biggest problem I see is coordination between back and front foot. Dont be so stiff and move your upper body together with how the board moves. (I.E lean slighty backwards then slighty forwards.)
4. Learn pop-shoveit
5. Learn 180s
6. Slay pussy (jk there is none)

Step 3 and 4 might be switched around if you feel like it

It will take some time to get a hang of it, but its really fun. Just remember that everyone started out this way. Try to get some friends at a skate park. Be kind and humble (but no self-hatred)

Good luck OP and everyone else. Have fun!
>>
>>17904077
Forgot to add one thing, i saw >>17903793 after I posted

A good tip to find out which stance you are (regular or goofy) is to go up some stairs. The foot you use to take the first step is usually the BACK foot, IE the one you pop with.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.