[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nephew isn't going to school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: school8.jpg (129KB, 1087x1600px) Image search: [Google]
school8.jpg
129KB, 1087x1600px
My nephew is 8 but his guardians (his father/my brother and his grandfather/our father) are not enrolling him in school. He does not know how to read. He is not being home schooled to a sufficient degree, if at all. I know that the state my family lives in does not have educational neglect statues, but I am still worried that the state will separate him from the family.

How should I resolve this situation? I am attempting to tell my dad to get him to school but he seems overly busy, as he is the only breadwinner in the family and works 6 days of the week. My brother is an ex-felon and very lazy, in addition to being distrustful of government institutions. My brother does not work, so he should have enough time to at least ferry the children to and from home. They also care for three other children, all 4 and under.

Is it possible to enroll my nephew for him with their consent, legally? I am willing to take what little of my savings (I'm a college student) and spend that for his education. Broaching this topic to the family will be awkward, but I need to do it. What's the best way to encourage them to set something up with the school? Being in the middle of winter break, can he be allowed to be schooled with other children? Our family does not have a lot of money, so we cannot spend much for private education.

What are my options /adv/? Has anyone been in a similar situation?
>>
Your nephew (and the other 4 urchins he lives with) is pretty much doomed to follow the path of his ex felon father. There's nothing you can do. They're not your kids and parental rights are very strong
>>
>>17902268
This anon is right about parental rights unfortunately I pity your poor nefew denying a child education is a terrible thing
>>
>>17902156
>Is it possible to enroll my nephew for him with their consent, legally?
Yes, you can become his guardian and assume some of the legal position and roles. More often than not this requires your brothers consent and/or legal intervention in many places

>Broaching this topic to the family will be awkward, but I need to do it.
Fair. The biggest obstacle is him taking it as personal insult or getting insecure and responding with maliciousness or disinterest.
Standard rules of conversation, negotiation and leadership apply here: Explain your position and why you feel it would benefit him and the kid and some of the problems you're dealing with, explain your suggested solution and ask for his consent and help working towards it. Get your nephew on board too and bingo bongo. Talk it over with the school at some point after that too.

Can't speak for much of the admin details and legality but I wish you luck.
>>
What country do you live in, OP?
>>
>>17902156
I've been a witness to a similar situation. I think, depending on your country's laws, that your best course of action is probably to try to get the state to take him.
I know its a horrible situation, but he's going to suffer a lot more in the long run if he never gets his education and has to continue on in a neglectful family unit.
Is there any relative or friend who could take on the responsibility of being his guardian? Would you want to and be able to do that?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.