[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parents are arguing about me and my lack of a husband and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

File: husbandhear6.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
husbandhear6.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
My parents are arguing about me and my lack of a husband and who would want me when I'm fat and crazy (I'm definitely fat, but crazy is subjective)

I feel awful, I'm in my mid twenties and I've never really had a relationship, let alone been close to getting engaged

Any advice?
>>
>>17901619
Lose weight or improve your self esteem through positive thinking - ideally do both.

No one is attracted to someone who hates themselves. Also, who ducking cared about your parents? Care about you. Do YOU want to get married?

A marriage is a social contract between 2 human individuals, ideally for life. Where's this imaginary dudes agency in your parents plan?

Just stop being self deprecating, lose weight and let life happen.
>>
Sounds like you have shitty parents if they seriously talk about you that way. Moving on, what does it matter if you get married or not? This isn't a hundred years ago, you don't need to.

If you do want to get married though, start by asking yourself what you want in a partner and think of ways that you can bring something to the table to that kind of person.
>>
you should probably lose weight, to be honest. 99% of women look way better when they're thinner
>>
Do you want marriage?
>>
I mean lose weight because you don't want a lifetime of health complications. Also just makes you feel better, more energy etc.
I do not see the connection tho.
I know plenty of overweight people who just met other overweight people.
I know some very hot chicks, from 20s to 40s all single. Probably crazy, maybe just never met the right person.
>>
>>17901630
It would be nice to get married. But just a boyfriend would be nice too.

I feel really bad for my parents, they're not getting grand kids and they don't have a normal daughter. I'm such a disappointment.

Let life happen?
>>
>>17901638
> think of ways that you can bring something to the table to that kind of person.

I wouldn't know how, I'm clueless.
>>
>>17901663
I know your situation. I'm also an only daughter, and my parent's only chance for grandchildren. I'm also on the autism spectrum, as you can tell by my 4chan posting.

Luckily I am attractive and can fake a normal personality. I just got married to a respectable man. I don't love him, but we can have grandchildren, and I think we can grow up reasonably happy together.
>>
I'm honestly in the same situation myself. I've been single for a while but my parents never stop talking about marriage to the extent it makes me feel like that's all I'm good for. Just something to be married off. I've learned to get them quiet by reminding them I'm working for myself right now. If you want to go out and find someone who loves and respects you that's perfectly fine, but if you have other things in your life right now like work or friends or you're working to improve yourself, maybe you should remind your parents of that. Never forget all the other things in your life and don't let your parents make you forget them either. There is more to a person than their relationship or partner. To define you by only that would mean losing so much of you.
>>
File: Wtf.jpg (44KB, 579x300px) Image search: [Google]
Wtf.jpg
44KB, 579x300px
Let me get this straight. You married some guy that you don't even love just so you can pump out a few babies to please your parents? Wow what a fucking loser you are femanon...
>>
>>17901727
yeah such a loser, building a family and having a husband
>>
>>17901727
there is nothing more to life. honestly at this point that is how I feel too. If it was just me I would rob banks until i die in shootout with police, but would feel bad for ma so am looking for nice girl to impregnate
>>
File: Lels.jpg (17KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
Lels.jpg
17KB, 480x318px
>Building a family
>Having a husband

If you think being a housewife to someone you don't even like is the epitome of success then have a ball.
>>
>There is nothing more to life

Yes there is you autist. Geezus get a hold of your libido dude...
>>
>>17901733
IDK femanon, I think that's actually kind of shitty, but honestly for you more than anybody.
>>
OP, please clarify, do you live in a country with decent work and career mobility for women?
If so, decide for yourself if a family life is a goal YOU have; otherwise, focus on your own health and your own career goals, if those things make you happy.

If you live in country with no social or career mobility for women, then your parents are (sadly) right and are being pragmatic.
However, fuck this whole grandchildren obliation.
To everyone ITT, have kids if and only if you want to and can reasonably take care of them.
>>
>>17901670
>I just got married to a respectable man. I don't love him, but we can have grandchildren, and I think we can grow up reasonably happy together.

What the fuck
>>
>>17901811
Do you really expect women to find something more in life other than fucking Chads?
>>
File: 1482147810899.jpg (48KB, 437x392px) Image search: [Google]
1482147810899.jpg
48KB, 437x392px
>>17901619
>>17901727
>>17901743
>implying rationalizing your stark inability to act and perform like a normal, functioning human being is the better lifestyle
is /adv/ the most autistic board on 4chan?

If OP prefers to mire in her disappointment with herself rather than do something about it, or even give in to the voices and think that this is ok, then OP is truly lost
>>
all these niggers making fun of women for settling and marrying someone they don't love are also the first people to laugh at spinsters and women aged 50+ who never married

> lol spent too much time on the cock carousel in your 20s
> now no one wants you when you're old
> best girls are 18 and unspoiled
> who wants an old woman
> no one loves you except your cats meow
> HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>17901670

> I don't love him

Sorry be rude, but fuck you. You are what is wrong with society nowadays. If I could I would warn that poor guy. You are using him. Fuck you.
>>
File: HAHAHA.jpg (41KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHA.jpg
41KB, 512x384px
>Is /adv/ the most autistic board on 4chan?

Having standards is autistic? Lel
>>
I'm infatuated with the bride in OP's pic.
>>
This. Also when she gets bored of him she can divorce him and take everything the poor sap owns. Women today are cancer.
>>
Im not fat, fairly atheletic. I dont mind chubby women (not whales who can't get off the bed).
Whatever your issue is its not your looks
also, move out. Parents are cunts
>>
>>17901619
How fat?
>>
>>17901619
Stop.
Don't do it.
If you rush a relationship, you're playing russian roulette with 5 chambers loaded.
>>
Whereabouts are you? I'm looking to get a gf and I don't care if you're fat, it's all transitional anyway, with help, support and self belief it's one of the easiest things to overcome.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>I feel awful, I'm in my mid twenties and I've never really had a relationship, let alone been close to getting engaged
>Any advice?
Start a relationship.
Also move out around people who don't insult you.
Also lose weight.

All 3 problems solved. np
>>
File: kH662wb.jpg (344KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
kH662wb.jpg
344KB, 2048x1365px
>>17901674
You're not autistic, you're batshit insane

Or both

Also why do people with aspergers always think they're special and nobody knows? We all know you have aspergers or are a little different, we just don't care.
>>
>>17903767
was meant for >>17901670
>>
>>17901619
Stop talking to your parents if they're pestering you about things you don't care about. I moved to a city far away from my parents so I could live a life that I want for me. Some parents are unhealthily obsessed with marriage and kids because that's the only way to live life they know.
>>
File: Marriage is Suicide.jpg (282KB, 857x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Marriage is Suicide.jpg
282KB, 857x2048px
send them this
>>
>>17901630
This. Self esteem is as sexy as a trained body. Love yourself and people will love you. And don't feel bad about not being married or having children because thats something YOU have to decide, not others. If you'll marry somebody because you don't want your parents to feel bad, you're going to have a shitty time.

In a nutshell: ignore the pressure from your parents, work on loving yourself/self esteem and maybe do some regular exercises (the hardest part is the word "regular")

Good luck!
>>
>>17901619
Best advice i have for you is that you as a person are more than your qualities as wife material.
>>
OP here

It's strange how people are assuming that this is a matter of choice. I wouldn't be able to get a relationship or marriage or kids no matter how much I wanted it, I'm undateable, that's why they're arguing about me.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.