[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best exercise to lose weight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (129KB, 400x271px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 400x271px
I'm early 20s, female, and feel I need to lose a bit of weight.

I'm not overweight, but I'm not super skinny either. I'm about a US size 6, but am quite tall (about 175 cm), but I feel a bit insecure and would like to get more toned and the like.

I eat fairly well, with lots of vegetables and fruit. I don't eat much junkfood at all or anything.

What is the best way for women to lose weight/get healthier?
>>
>>17900723
eat less lol
>>
>>17900726
I don't eat a lot, at all. Like I said, this is about fitness levels.
>>
>>17900733
stop being retarded
do your online research and stop falling for tumblr memes and whatever they feed in mainstream media, it's literally all about food
i'm 161 and weight 39 kg, max workout i do is riding a bike half hour to work 5 times a week, maybe some walking when i go out with friends
i eat junk food, drink coffee, drink sugary carbonated drinks, eat meat when i have the opportunity, veggies, fruits. i don't count calories or follow what i eat. the only thing i do, is eat when i feel hunger and stop when i don't. just learn to listen to your body
>>
Do you eat redmeat? How many grams of sugar do you consume per day? Do you drink soda?

Go hiking, do pushups, try running as much as possible, only drink water and green tea, don't eat any redmeat, and you should notice weight loss weekly. Avoid over-eating.

What the other anons said is true. It's really all about food and consumption. If you consume more than your body needs you gain weight.
>>
>>17900747
I also want to be fit and toned, not just starved looking. I don't eat a lot, I eat maybe yogurt for breakfast (Greek), salad for lunch and something more meaty and filling for dinner.

I was asking about fitness as well as simply losing weight.
>>
>>17900752
Yes, I do eat red meat. When I don't I feel tired, and it helps around that time of the month with the iron loss.

Not very much sugar, maybe dark chocolate when I have it.

No, I don't drink soda.
>>
>>17900723
calories in vs calories out

there's no shortcuts
no spot reduction
no bullshit diets (weight lost quickly during keto is water weight)

holy shit op you're so fucking retarded. just eat less and be more active. count calories if you have to. losing weight isn't hard
>>
The best exercise to lose weight is the exercise of not putting so much food in your face and swallowing it
>>
>>17900753
well if you want to get toned it's different, go to gym, they will give you a work out plan according to what you want to work on.
if it's not an option, just search on youtube, there are plenty of workout you can do at home.
best way to purely lose weight is running, for toning you'll need to work on muscles, get some 2 kg weights, yoga mat and a mirror.
also about food, don't eat 3/4 hours before sleep.
>>
running.
>>
>>17900779
This
>>
>>17900723
Running and don't eat any sweets other than fruits.
>>
Okay, OP here. I guess I should also mention that it's not just about getting skinnier, it's about getting more fit and toned as well.
>>
She asked about exercise, and everybody went "HOLY RETARDED SHIT OP JUST EAT LESS FATFUCK ZXDXDX"

What a good "advice"
>>
>>17900733
you eat more than you think. get a food scale and the myfitnesspal app. or just lurk /fit/. honestly just lurk /fit/
>>
>>17900790
If she wants an exercise routine she should do starting strength or stronglifts and lurk /fit/ and READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>17900723
practice pushing a spoon away from your mouth 5 times a day. maybe even a magnet on your neck.
>>
>>17900813
I really don't like gyms particularly. Also, the only gym where I live (small town) is hellishly expensive and crap.
>>
Wow, you guys are assholes.

Previous anon was correct that the sticky on /fit/ is important. I know it's big and it's a lot of information. It also contains a lot about fitness routines that you may not be interested in. The only way to figure it out is to read it. It's a sticky for a reason though, it's not full of bullshit.
That aside, not having access to a gym sucks. However, there's a ton of stuff you can do with bodyweight, or with a simple set of 10-15 lb weights. I recommend Spartacus. There's a few different versions, but the general idea is that you'll slowly increase workout time and reduce your rest time as you become more fit, making the routine more challenging. I've heard good things about P90x and Insanity workout, but I don't really know what those are.
Don't be afraid to get into weight lifting. Women's bodies (generally) don't create as much testosterone and therefore you're not going to get all fucking huge. Weight lifting is a great way to tone up. Squats will give you dat ass.

All of this in conjunction with keeping track of your macronutrients WILL give you results. Eventually you'll get a feel for it and you won't need to write everything down anymore, but it's a big lifestyle change to start.

You can do it anon
>>
>>17900753
>eat nothing
>do nothing
>nothing happens

Go read the sticky on /fit/
You may find that you will want to exercise, and in doing so you may want to actually increase the amount you eat to fuel positive changes in your body.

Good luck
>>
>>17900723
>US size six
Bitch you're a ghost

eat a sandwich
>>
>>17900974
What? That's like, average where I'm from.
>>
>>17900974
landwhale detected
>>
>>17900747
>161
>39 kg

whatever you're eating, eat more, jeez you skelly

don't fucking die of malnourishment
>>
>>17900723
>lower body
Squats
Lunges
Step-ups
Hip thrusts
Calf raises

>upper body
Push-ups
Crunches
Dips
Pull-ups/chin-ups

Start out doing the motions with body-weight only, and when it gets easy to do 100 or so, start adding weight. Generally, women look best if you focus more on lower body than upper body, but it's good to balance it out and do a bit of everything.

If you start really getting into working out, you can look into a wider range of exercises/motions, but the ones I listed make a great routine for basic fitness.

Do lower body exercises one day, upper body the next day, and go for a run or a long walk on the third day. Stick with it faithfully, and you should be seeing noticeable results within a month or two.

Diet, also, is crucially important. Not just for weight loss, but muscle gain/visibility. Eat less breads/grains/starches (but don't cut them out entirely), MUCH less sugar (if you can stand it, cut it out entirely), more vegetables, and a decent serving of meat/protein with each meal.
>>
>>17901092
lol, they always get so fucking mad when other people try to improve themselves
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.