[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The opposite of a social butterfly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: rainwalk.png (698KB, 940x370px) Image search: [Google]
rainwalk.png
698KB, 940x370px
tl:dr advice to someone who doesnt know how to hold a conversation

I love meeting new people, but the problem i have is that when i approach someone new i have zero clue what to say. sure "hey im so and so hows it goin" thing works, but it only takes you so far. i'm definitely socially awkward. I have no problem whatsoever walking up to a perfect 10 in a bar setting, but i just dont know what to say, and how to keep a conversation going. getting blown off, is not a fear for me.
I'm usually the one that, in a group of people, that just sits quietly and listens, not really adding much to a conversation. and the problem is, i LOVE talking to people, i'm a server and i enjoy talking to my tables. yet, doing that is easy, i NEED to talk to them, and i have a mental script of what im going to say usually. but in a public setting i dont have anything to go off of and i freeze.
I have zero actual friends, i havent dated anyone for five years. i want to get out of this bubble im in, and im trying, so hard to do it. i go out constantly but all i ever do is walk around bars like a creeper because i cant think of anything to say to anyone. if i see someone i know i usually hang onto them like a lost puppy until they find an opportunity to ditch me. yes im a gamer, yes im a bit of a weeb, but i've always been told im a good looking guy, not a bodybuilder at all, but i know i look decent and i actually make an effort.
>>
anyone?
>>
>>17900588
>>17900666

666 lol

Just do it! Watch the news in the morning to keep up with current events and just talk. I know it sounds weird, but we can't write a script for you. YOu have to go out there and do it.
>>
>>17900743
dem trips
anyway, not expecting a script.
the only thing i've been told is to turn my brain off and just talk
>>
>>17900748

Yeah, just talk. That's all there is. Doesn't mean you will get it always right, but with practice you will get better.
>>
Are you me? Except that I have a girlfriend
>>
I suffer from this too and extroverted social people just don't like people like us. Or not necessarily as a person butthey dislike not talking in social situations where everyone else is.
>>
>>17900756
well to be fair a lot of people on 4chan are similar, thats why i've been hitting up meetup threads. to no avail, but oh well
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.