[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meaninglessness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1754.jpg (26KB, 366x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1754.jpg
26KB, 366x200px
I've been mastering the art of fighting depression. Still, one thing I haven't been able to combat is the feeling of meangingless. Do you guys have any advice for that?
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 200x582px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 200x582px
This is how I feel about the subject
>>
>>17899917
True. Climbing a tree and being excited by a squirrel doesn't seem like something a depressed person could necessarily do. That's why so many people become existential in depressed states. Is the goal to climb the tree lookimg for the squirrel anyway?
>>
>>17899933

does the depression cause meaninglessness or does the meaninglessness cause depression?

in the OP you imply that meaninglessness caused the depression, that fighting that will end depression.

but hten here:
>>17899933
>>
>>17899961

in here:
>>17899933

you imply that the depression causes the meaninglessness.

if meaninglessness is first, you cure that by chasing squirells.

if depression is first you fix that, therapy.
>>
Bettering depression and the idea of meaningless isn't battled as much in the head as you think. You need to physically be active, doing things you like or new things, it's not about coming to a satisfying end thought on it.
>>
>>17899961
the depression causes the meaninglessness, imo.

>>17899970
Yeah but when my old activities all become lame and only a few people tolerate me in my state, it becomes a head game. "What am I going to do for fun today?" becomes this massive question.
>>
>>17899916
There's two sides to everything anon. The world can be meaningless, but if you believe that, it means you have nothing to lose in pursuiting your goals ya know?
>>17899917
This anon put it in a good way. Being upset about the thought of meaningless isn't gonna get you anywhere unless you embrace it
>>
>>17900212
I guess the problem is depression and not meaninglessness. That gives me some clarity.
>>
>>17900266
Definitely
I think the depression actually amplifies the sense of meaningless so that it can use it as reasoning to not ever try to battle it
Depression is very smart
>>
File: 1482956820750.jpg (114KB, 200x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1482956820750.jpg
114KB, 200x1179px
>>17900212
if you lack meaning then there is nothing to pursue. goals comes from believing in something

>>17900203
no u
>>
>>17900306
Keked nd saved
>>
Study stoicism, read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. It can make even a homeless beggar understand his purpose in the world/universe.
>>
>meangingless

Explain more
>>
>baby's first existential crisis
>>
File: image.jpg (513KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
513KB, 2048x1366px
>>17899916
>>
>>17900639
>>17900620
>baby's first existential crisis
A handy guide.
>>
OP flew away
>>
>>17900639
What if you're not sure what arrow to choose
>>
Why does meaninglessness bother you? I find it so liberating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as
>>
You know I feel this point gets misconstrued,
That the exsistance is intrinsically meaningless,

The other part of that argument is that because the world is instrinsically meaningless you as an individual responsible for creating meaning in your life and finding a way to live authentically.

It's not that life is actually meaningless it that the meaning is not intrinsic, it is something. Socially constructed that we negotiate continually with ourselves others and society.

Also explicit meaning or certainty of meaning is not a prerequisite of action.
>>
This is not the first existential crisis. This is the third.

Philosophy and fighting the depression is the answer. Fighting the depression is hard, as many know.

>define meaninglessness
If your purpose is joy, thriving, knowledge, morality...depression can threaten all that, anhedonia especially.
>>
I mean my subjective meaning is threatened. I never had an objective meaning, if I understand the word.
>>
>>17900774
OP is a faggot

who wouldve knew
>>
FUXKIN HELL FOUND IT GEEEZ
checked maybe 10 albums each song for it

fuck eat my dick cum shit
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.