[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mom is a hoarder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_mcmr93vpgB1qbfoleo1_1280.jpg (423KB, 812x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcmr93vpgB1qbfoleo1_1280.jpg
423KB, 812x1080px
What do?

She lives in a mobile home, and it's full of junk. You can barely walk, there's small paths, most of the house has been let go, she doesn't want people coming over to fix her utilties, so her plumbing, heating, everything doesn't work anymore.

I really want to help her, but I don't live with her anymore.

I have a pick up truck and am willing to put the work in to help her, but I want to make sure she wont react negatively to any suggestions or motivation
>>
>>17899516
hoarding is a type of mental illness

contact your local county health department ask them for advice - they may get involved

firetrap = dangerous etc

taking all the trash out will just start the cycle again, she needs some kind of restrictions

good luck
>>
>>17899563
I don't want to punish her, I just want to help her clean her house up, and then check in on her periodically to make sure she's keeping it in order.
>>
>>17899516
OP, had this problem myself. Come round one day and say" OP's Mom, this place is getting a bit messy...tell you what, I will come round next Sunday and give you a help for a spring clean" My mother was happy with that, so I spend 3 weekends and in that time loaded up 3 pickup loads of shit which i took to the dump. Treat it low key, fun, and dont judge. Be ruthless.
>>
>>17899719
Yeah see this is more the approach I was interested in.

What do if she wants to look through every piece of junk before I throw it out? Do I just sneak loads out while she's off grabbing something else?
>>
>>17899727
Make three piles. "Must keep". "maybe keep" and "throw away". The good thing about that is you can see how big the middle pile gets and you will know if you are keeping 300 pens. Just sift through it every hour or so. I also found having my girlfriend there really helped, we made sure we brought food, talked and laughed as much as possible.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.