[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are dreams?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1317.png (224KB, 447x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1317.png
224KB, 447x489px
I can't tell if it's the hangover, the fact that I'd been on a plane for four hours, that I haven't taken my Sertraline for a couple of days, or what, but last night I had the most intense dreams of my life. There were probably 5 or 6 different stories going on, all interconnected, and there was some kind of all-encompassing resolution that took place soon before waking up. I honestly feel like I've had some kind of psychedelic experience, I'm kind of emotionally aim edge all day as a result of this.
>>
>>17898671
Dream interpretation is a thing in some cases, I think. My dreams just seem like a disconnected mess, although there are dreams I had a few times during the course of my life, again and again. Try writing down what happened in that dream of yours than look for someone who can properly interpret that shit.
>>
>>17898671
Dream are random images from your brains imagination and memory centers they don't actually mean anything
>>
>>17898957
If this is true, why do certain types of anti-depressant supposedly induce turbo nightmares?
>>
>>17899788

That's the wrong question to ask. Weird food and chemicals can fuck up your dreams.

Dreams can mean things but don't always. I had a dream I was throwing up feces once. I got on a diet and lost forty pounds in the next several months.
>>
>>17899788
When I was taking anti depressants I had the most horrible vivid nightmare of watching some dad beat his wife and daughter. Never using that shit again.
>>
>>17898671

dreams are your brain working things out while you sleep. this includes reviewing the information of your day / life, and then throwing out what oyu dont need in the garbage disposal of the mind.

being drunk is a mind altering experience like psychedelics. so those probably factored in, being off setraline might have affected it.

I had similar experiences. i dont like to drink but sometimes I do. for me its kind alike how peopel describe taking more hardcore drugs like iowaska.

my favorite part is falling asleep borderline sick, having these crazy dreams. its like i can see the future.

last time i got drunk i was dealing with a lot of shit. friends, family, work. in my dreams i did everything i wanted to do in real life. i confronted my friends, i told the truth to my family, and i thanked my work. i could see how e very conversation would play out and what it would lead me to.

when i woke up, i knew not to confront my friends cuz i wouldn't get what i wanted out of it, but in having the dream I was able to get closure in knowing what would happen, and i was able to let go and not see my friends anymore.

i knew to come clean to my family because it would give me peace

and to thank my work because thy would appreciate it.
>>
A mental representation of things you think may happen in the future. Helps you prepare for future events that you are anxious/looking forward to.

Happens a lot to me. I'll be thinking a lot about a party coming up, or an event I'm nervous about, and I get to experience a representation of it in my sleep to see how things may go. I feel more mentally prepared for the events if I dream about them, and sometimes my dream even has strange symbols that match up with the real event. Some say it might be predicting the future in a very symbolic way. I dreamed about my Halloween party I was throwing this year two weeks before the party. The party went exactly like my dream, it was eery. Even my mood and thoughts in the dream matched up with reality. I could dive deeper into the details but it's starting to sound crazy.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.