[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suicide by hanging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: noose30n-1-web.jpg (12KB, 635x532px) Image search: [Google]
noose30n-1-web.jpg
12KB, 635x532px
I finally have everything ready to go ahead and kill myself.
The only method readily available to me is hanging and I've read it's uncomfortable but not
excruciating.
Already have the noose tied, hidden in my closet.
250 lb work load, more than long enough, my only concern is it being too thin, about 1/2" diameter, and causing more pain than I have to.

Not even sure what I'm asking advice for.

>Where should I have the rope around my neck; top, middle, bottom?
>Is 250 lb work load safe enough for me, 180 lbs to hang from for as long as I need?
>Should I bother writing a suicide note?
>How do I ensure I don't chicken-out?

Also open to hear the "It's gets better" bullshit.
>>
>>17898635
Why do you want to kill yourself?
>>
>>17898635
>Not even sure what I'm asking advice for
>Also open to hear the "It's gets better" bullshit.

You're not asking for advice. You're asking for help.

Have you tried a suicide hotline?
>>
>>17898637
It's cliche but I've just lost hope in pretty much everything. I've become so isolated in college that I feel that I've completely fucked myself at the chance of being normal. It's hard for me to ignore people's flaws so I push a lot of people away. I know I'm not at rock bottom but I don't want to get there. I also think death gets a bad rap. What's wrong with doing something now that's going to happen eventually? Problems disappear all at once.
>>
>>17898643
I've tried everything.
Suicide hotline, counseling, medication, all of it.

They probably don't work because of my mindset that I don't believe they could work.
Even if I voluntarily seek help, I never feel better.
>>
>>17898645
As someone in your position who failed, I live a pretty normal life now. Just keep living. Eventually you will find like minded people.
>>
>>17898649
Why would I want to be around equally miserable people?
Seems counterproductive.
>>
2 years from now you willl feeel pretty stupid about what you are thinking about doing now. also think of the emotional toll it as on the people around you. seek christ for peace.
>>
why dont you go out in a blaze of glory?

if you dont want to live, then surely you are not afraid so much of a potential death. try skydiving or some shit. try swimming in a cold as fuck ocean. maybe some other extreme activity?
>>
>>17898645
Yeah you have to be open for it. If you go to a shrink already thinking you made up your mind, it won't work. Much like watching a movie, you have to turn your suspension of disbelief on and see what it takes. If you're not open to being convinced, it won't work.
>>
i was suicidal when I was younger and can only say that it is a waste of potential if you are young.

I just changed the way I think and since then lead a pretty happy life.

Are there any things in life you like, hobbies people experiences?
I was young and have never seen someone grow up from the outside, so I made an Agreement with myself, hat I would like to see that, and if everything still was shit nothing was stopping me from killing myself later in life.

But you are asking about killing yourself.

If you just dangle there, the rope should be enough, the smaller it is the better it will choke you.
The faster method would be hanging with jumping, which breaks your neck after at max 2meters of fall, but your rope will probably not sustain that.

personally I would wear it around the top, because it will slip there anyways.

I would write a suicide note and maybe send it your neighbour per Mail, so that nobody gets the shock of their life and people are prepared, maybe even leave a key outside.

Farewell Anon
>>
OP here

I guess I should've been more clear.
I will listen to the "It gets better" bullshit but it won't change how I feel.

The only thing that will stop me from going through with it is my own cowardice.
>>
No idea why you want to suicide but if you gonna fuck it all, leave them behind, why not try doing so without the dying part? Just fuck it all, family, friends, jobs... "kill" your old self and buy a ticket, start anew somewhere, abroad if ur in debt. You can die later, so just give it one last try.
>>
>>17898635
Im gonna try giving you a cliche tldr of my experience with seriously considering offing myself.

>be in navy for 12 months
>fucking hate being goverment property
>cant quit normally, have to get kicked out to leave
>worried about family pressure and looking like a loser to everyone else
>fuck it yolo get myself to a doctor which gets me DQ'd from navy and sent back home
>feel like a person again for a month
>feel isolated and feel shitty again for a few months
>catch a break and make some good friends
>made it senpai

And sometimes i get down again. Right now im feelin pretty raw because im kinda bored and lonely. Maybe ill go through the rest of my life having some brief episodes or even long ones feeling empty.

But also maybe one day ill have enough control over everything in my life that ill never feel bad again.

Also as for the making friends in college thing thats not hard but its really uncomfortable until you actually believe that everyone wants to connect. People really do wanna talk with you and get to be your friend, but they are all scared and dont wanna step forward first.
>>
>>17898667
life never gets better. it only gets more difficult.

but it is no reason to end it.

you learn to love the shitty situations and shitty life you have.
>>
>>17898667

Oh sure. Well in that case, don't let us hold you, just turn the lights off on your way out.

Do your own research on hanging, it's pretty easy tho, just tie it around your neck and graps for air for two minutes tops and then you're gone. Like you said, you're not even asking for advice, so idk why you don't have that shit on your neck already
>>
>>17898688
>>How do I ensure I don't chicken-out?
>The only thing that will stop me from going through with it is my own cowardice.

That's why.
>>
>>17898667
Sure the "it gets better" stuff can be bullshit if you dont have things that can start to get you what you want.

Dont you want to get to know more people and find some purpose and that might make ur life feel worth it?
>>
>>17898692
That means you don't really want to die.
>>
>>17898693
Of course I want the things I'm missing in life, I've just lost the hope and motivation to find them.
>>
>>17898698
Well do you like video games / have L4D2? I have a few people i regularly play games with and i wouldnt mind having more.
>>
>>17898692

Wow you're a coward. Breaking news. Like nobody new suicidals were pussies.

Are you so stupid that you can't think that for yourself? Just hang and keep your hands to yourself. Aren't you so sold to killing yourself that you can't do something as simple as that?
>>
>>17898698
No you haven't. You're going through a rough phase, but you haven't lost all hope.
You are looking at your difficulties abd frustrations and thinking "I don't want to feel this anymore". But instead of trying to overcome them, you want the easy way out. Because you're a coward. And I'm not saying this to make you feel bad and kick you while you're down. I'm trying to make you aware.
Get this: Life is suffering. Being able to thrive in its harsh conditions is what separates the strong from the weak.
You fear pain (the bad parts of existence) more than death (the end of your entire existence)! ...or do you? You said it yourself that your cowardice is stopping you from taking the next step. That's because deep down you still have hope. You KNOW things can get better, but you're afraid of putting in the effort to do it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.