[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to climb to upper-middle class?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: sad.jpg (55KB, 754x653px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
55KB, 754x653px
I'm a young guy born as a lower class wagecuck and just want to know how to get out of this mess. College isnt an option (yet, maybe one day once im better standing financialy, dont need the debt either now..) but learning a trade etc. is.
>>
>>17898577

Free bump for op
>>
>>17898577
Well you either don't until you're old or waste your youth making it by your mid 30s.
>>
Are you in the US? Once you are 24 u can claim yourself on financial aid. If you make less than 10k in a year prior to applying for financial aid you will most likely get to go to any public college in the country completely free of charge.

If your family is currently poor you can maybe already get this aid. The reason you need to be 24 otherwise is so you are considered 'independent'.

Now i dont think college is a total requirement but i just wanted you to know that. I started college late at 20 and i prolly wont finish till im 25. Its not a race, and if it was you would prolly lose to some tryhard anyways so who cares.
>>
>>17898577
Class is as much a matter of style as income. Different socio-economic classes dress differently, have different hobbies, read different books, live in different neighborhoods.

Some of that requires money, but some does not. It's a matter of choosing role models, either in real life or through media (GQ, Playboy, etc). You'll start by just imitating externals, but then adopt things as enjoyable and fulfilling ("Hey, it's kind of fun to wear a suit," "I got dragged to a Shakespeare play and actually enjoyed it," etc.)

Meanwhile, the world will always need and respect (and pay well for) skilled tradesmen - plumbers and the like - or self-made men.
>>
>>17898577
Class mobility has been largely exposed as a myth. If you didn't have upper middle class parents and an upper middle class upbringing it's basically impossible.
>>
>Meanwhile, the world will always need and respect (and pay well for) skilled tradesmen - plumbers and the like - or self-made men.
Came here to say this. General contractor + entrepreneur = make bank.

>>17898944
>hurrrr
>>
>>17898577
>>17898978
>>17898577
The middle class is dead, there's the poor, the upper low class, the lower high class, and the rich.

If you're poor the best you can hope for is upper low class. Go to a trade school to learn welding or A/C or plumbing and save up enough money to own a home.

Owning property is more or less the main difference between the poor and what used to be the middle class, and people don't realize just how much your costs are reduced/your personal wealth grows when you own instead of rent.
>>
>>17898577
Im in trades and i have a university education.

It truly is a proud honourable job with minimal stress and it pays extremely well (if trump and his cronies dont ruin it for murricans.)

Take it from me. Its better than any office or management job.

Id also recommend you hit the library and buy some entrepreneur books. Starting your own business is actually just as easy as any job once you get past intimidation of it. And it pays extremely well because all the money goes directly to equipment and your pocket.

Yes i also have a side business. Pest control (i used to work for a pest control company so i am previously trained). I make 125 an hour on it. Its side work so my advertising is limited to kijiji and i get enough customers there to make some pretty side cash.

If i actually put some proper advertising out id probably be rich as fuck but im happy enough and want to complete trade school.

Neither of the things i do now required university or college. You can do it. The only problem is not knowing whats out there for you.
>>
>>17898577
computers pay good $$ more than trades generally & much easier on your health
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.