[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enlisting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: NZDF.jpg (70KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
NZDF.jpg
70KB, 620x349px
I'm 22 and have just completed my studies in IT at University. Over the past 5 or more years I have been thinking about joining the military. It really interests me and I think it would be a unique experience. The main issue I have with this, is that I believe I am fairly patriotic which can lead me to being naive in the way that I look at war.

I understand that it obviously is very detrimental to my physical and mental health, but regardless, I feel inclined to enlist. The other issue is the look and regret from my parent's faces if I told them that I have enlisted. They do support me in anything I do, but I believe it would be difficult for them as they have had many family members fight in WW1/2, Vietnam and one in Afghanistan and have seen the impact it has had.
Am I making a big mistake?
>>
I would at least wait until Trump gets sworn in and see what he does. Love him or hate him, it seems like things will change around here, including the military.
>>
>The main issue I have with this, is that I believe I am fairly patriotic
That's literally the opposite of a problem for joining the military.
You believe what you believe and feel what you feel for your country. There is no objective or "correct" stance on this.

It sounds like your family has a history of enlisted members, you would join their ranks. If your parents are upset about it, it's only because they care, but you shouldn't let that stop you. You have to live your own life and not tip-toe around decisions because it make make your mom sad for a awhile.
>>
>>17898405
Yeah, will certainly get interesting. I do like the guy, just don't know how much it will affect the NZ military haha
>>
>>17898409
I guess for someone of my age, being patriotic can lead you to being fairly naive. I'd say there many kids my age who believed the wars were a great way to explore other countries and most expected to come back alive or in one piece.
>>
i was in the navy for 12 months before i decided to play suicidal to get out. that shit was so fucking gay holy shit man long ass hours. Totally being your bosses bitch( i had good leaders though).

Trust me its not fucking worth it dude you make a pretty fair amount of money but they OWN you. If you want brotherhood or something well it can actually kinda give you that, but your freedom is a cost to not be trifled with.
>>
>>17898312
ask in weapons 4m

they have daily mil enlistment thread
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.