[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how can i think about death without being afraid of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: saying_goodbye4.jpg (348KB, 980x400px) Image search: [Google]
saying_goodbye4.jpg
348KB, 980x400px
i'm really anxious all the time, and i obsess over things. i also experience dp/dr in varying degrees all the time. i've always liked to think and imagine and shit, but i feel more disconnected when i do that. and lately i can't stop thinking about death and it's making me super anxious all the time. how do i deal with this? how can i either stop thinking about death, or be able to handle thinking about it?
>>
Try DMT. It cured my fear of death.

Basically when you die, shit's pretty sweet. You don't have any sense of who you are, or who your family is, but you have a strong sense that everybody you love and care about is right next to you. Everything is bliss. Everything is astonishing. Death is infinite and it's beautiful.

Pretty sure reincarnation is a thing, too. Don't stress, man. Death is natural. When you die, DMT releases in your brain. It's the most blissful, satisfying, complete feeling you can possibly feel.

I'm kind of excited to die, desu. Shit's gonna be sweet.
>>
>>17897741
You ever take a heroic dose of acid, become completely psychotic and catatonic, and think you're dying for 12 hours?

Shut the fuck up.

Drugs are drugs. Do not confuse reality with the effects brought on by imbibing drugs
>>
>>17897741
ya i feel like if i took any sort of drug that made me more out of it than i already am, i'd have a heart attack or something
>>
Do you really want to live forever?
>>
>>17897709
Not really sure if this will help you but i'll try.
I guess i was never really anxious of death, ofcourse i feared it in some situations, these were mostly:
-what if i die in an accident now, i'll be ashamed to die like this.
-That shit could kill me, naturally i am afraid of it.

My view was always this, i am like a machine and when i die i cease to function and everything else keeps going. There will be nothing left for me to do, worry about, observe or think about because i stopped working and my thoughts don't exist anymore. A more rational view like this can ease your mind too because you accept who you are and where you are going, i mean we are granted with life already which is great why be so greedy and expect even more afterwards.

When i am in severe pain i get really afraid too, those are scenarios running through my head not the view on what happens after that though, i deal with that by looking forward and try to bite through it.
>>
I don't think humans ever fully lose their fear of death due to hardwired instinct.

Like even a guy who is totally made peace with life and death is going to be like "OH FUCK A BUS IS GOING TO HIT ME I DON'T WANNA DIE!"

I take comfort inthat the act of dieing is like something you'll likely spend very little time doing. So even if it sucks it's basically like a doctor's appointment or like paying the bill at the end of a dinner.

But my friends dad actually held a world record for most time "legally dead" during a heart surgery. He said he saw the light and that in his mind he was like "okay, this is alright it's okay for me to go." He said it felt like he was returning back into light and that he used to be just light. Now he always jokes like "being dead is fucking easy stop being a faggot, I already died. It's fine."

I believe after you die it's like before you were born. Reality may as well end when you die because poof that's it. I don't think there's some red faggot at the end to tickle my nuts with hot pokers or that I'm going to get reincarnated as a head of lettuce or anything.

I used to lie awake thinking "oh fucking god when i die im dead forever and my life is fucking pointless" now it's sort of relaxing that i know people that get murdered and tortured and stuff are basically just asleep now.

But I be lieing if I said the thought of death doesn't hit me with some pain now and again.

Go to a grave yard. Pick a headstone. Sit a goodwhile infront of it and imagine it is yours and you've already been dead for fifty years.
>>
>>17897750

>the effects of drugs on the body aren't reality

Okay bro. I haven't taken a heroic dose of lsd, but I've tried heroic doses of shrooms. What's your point?

There's a reason ayahuasca and DMT are blowing up in the western world, because they cure some of man's biggest fears and anxieties, and help people deal with their past traumatic experiences.
>>
>>17897778
>>17897783
i think that maybe because i feel like i'm living in a dream i'm wasting my life? and i gt scared that i'll die before really "living". but idk i honestly can't figure out why death freaks me out so much. the thought of death makes me either very scared or very sad
>>
>>17897799
Life is a big dream. Like energy became sentient for a second just to look around and be like "shiiiiieeeet" then it goes back to sleep.
>>
>>17897786
Don't confuse a fleeting high with some transcendental revelation. DMT is popular in western society because everyone and their tranny brother smokes weed now and it's not zen anymore
>>
>>17897799
Maybe you wanna figure out what scares you the most, maybe it is the fear of pain that's greater than anything you've felt before, maybe it's that there could be an end to you any moment (uncertainty) or maybe you really are afraid that you will not be able to "live" your life.

Maybe you get sad and scared of the thought that your death will be as unmeaningful as your life?!

Best of luck to you, don't let it get in your way too much though most people have done it long before us with much lesser lifes.
>>
>>17897855
i think it's uncertainty. i just don't know how to deal with existential questions without answers, so i obsess even though it stresses me out.

i just wish i could let go
>>
I used to hate graveyards.

Met a weird girl on Tinder. She invited me to hang out at a nearby graveyard. We went there and sat on a bench, watched the sunset, I played music from my car. It was one of the most peaceful experiences of me life.

Met another girl and actually hooked up with her multiple times in my car parked in a graveyard. I think graveyards are a beautiful place, now. So peaceful, so empty, so holy.
>>
>>17897874
Buddy. Life is an infinite flow of uncertainty and questions without concrete answers. Just make good decisions and live well.

Like actually decide to live well.
>>
>>17897786
>t I've tried heroic doses of shrooms

I see you chose to glance over the whole

", become completely psychotic and catatonic, and think you're dying for 12 hour"
>>
>>17897881
I think it's weird as fuck to bone in a sanctified type of place. Pretty rude.

Anyway. used to run through the woods on a trail, part of which, went behind a cemetery.

In the very back were the eldest graves. People who died so long ago that no one alive remembers them. I found a pile of tombstones that were thrown out into the woods and I thought "damn, one day they'll even just toss out my tombstone like a rotten stump"

I was running, to preserve my life that I knew to be totally fleeting. But i just kept on running. I made it a point to stop at the cemetery on my runs to reflect. I liked to clear off the stones that were so old that stuff started growing on them amd I liked to think that "this person lived a who life before I was even born. But that doesn't make it a life that was any less real than my own, yet I can't fathom this person anymore than I can being dead. There is a mountain of skulls below my feet and a mountain which I will join like another grain of sand."

It's weirdly freeing. Like even if i fuck up and maybe don't do everything right, I'll die and life will go on without me. So I'm pretty content with life as long as I know I'm trying to live well.
>>
>>17897927
i wish i could achieve this level of peace sheeit
>>
>>17897932
It comes with time. Becoming content comes with just choosing a road and choosing walking it. Sometimes you get stuck on a shit road, but just walk on through the mud but while you do start figuring out what the next road you want to take is so you can start changing course.

Don't be afraid to do your thing life is a flicker so if you wanna do push ups while you wait for the train or whatever. Do it.

There's a guy who does like a whole work out while he waits for his train by my house. Everyone else just stares at a phone or tries to play the "I'm normal" part. Dude gets half his exercise in when everyone else is just milling about because he only gives a fuck about living on his terms.
>>
everything dies. Get over it and live your life.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.