[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Throat punch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 124352566.png (815KB, 1435x1416px) Image search: [Google]
124352566.png
815KB, 1435x1416px
Im gonna have to fight a pretty big guy soon, and i need advice.

I looked into some self defense stuff and apparently if u punch someone in their wind pipe just beneath the adam's apple they are gonna be stunned no matter how big they are.

Anoyone know if this is dangerous? Im worried about causing serious injury because i dont wanna end up in jail, but on the other hand if i dont hit hard enough im gonna get my ass kicked.

Anyone with experience here?
>>
Use Wing Chun
>>
Katana
I learned most of my moves from anime. Specifically bleach and samurai jack.
Good luck
>>
This is dangerous. Unless it's life or death, don't do it. You risk collapsing his throath and leaving him out of air for too long.

What's your experience in fights and his? Most of the time, just being able to pace yourself, move around, throw straight punches and keep your guard up will already take you a long way if the other side is inexperienced. What's the size difference too?
>>
If you are really going to fight you have to want to hurt the person really bad, if it's not emotional for you you're going to lose
>>
>>17896411
I was in like 3 fight my whole life and that was like 5 years ago, so very little experience.

The guy is actually shorter than me but wayyyy more muscular im pretty weak so i dont think conventional fist fighting is gonna work, what kinda force should i use when i punch him in the throat.

Btw hitting him precisely under the adam's applewont be problem cause he always puffs up and brings up his chin when he wants to fight
>>
Learn judo throws the basic ones are easy to learn even from a video it's the best way to defend yourself from someone larger than you bc it's doesn't rely on strength as much as momentum and no matter how big you are being thrown into the ground hurts. Also if you have no experience fighting you'll never land a throat punch
>>
>>17896431

If he's shorter but stronger, you'll have to outrange him with your reach and be light on your feet. You definitly don't want to trade blows or outdamage him, so instead aim only for his chin and nose, both which at the very least are likely to make him dizzy and disoriented.

Practice your stance: legs apart like on opposite vertices or a square, about as open as your shoulders are wide. Left foot ahead if you're right handed. Stance will be important, specially if you're american, because shorter guys have a shorter travel to your legs, and wrestling is very popular with bullies. If he reaches you with both legs close to each other, you're down to the ground for sure, while grabbing a single leg will make you a bit harder to take down and allow some reaction. Look into "sprawl" and/or be ready to throw your knee to his face if he goes for your legs. Also be aware that he might feint a punch before going for a takedown.

Either way, you won't want this guy near you, so practice your reach too. It might look like hitting a person with your arm partially flexed will result in a stronger blow, but you'll want to hit him with your arm almost completly extended if you want to outreach him. So practice by extending your closed fist to a wall and throwing light punches to it while keeping your stance. This will teach you to keep your longest reach by reflex.

For defense, keep your hands to your forehead and elbows in front of your chin. NEVER take it out unless your throwing blows, never try to deviate his blows with your arms like some kung fu fighter too. It's a reflex reaction that you have to avoid at all costs, otherwise you'll leave your face exposed. Keeping your elbow to your chin can potentially hurt his bare hand, and if you keep your distance right, he won't be able to reach your ribs or guts.

(cont)
>>
>>17896480
Keep light on your feet and don't waste blows on his head or anywhere else other then nose or chin, at the cost of potentially hurting your hand and not doing damage enough to him to be worth it.

>>17896469
I'm a purple belt in Judo and looking it up online won't help him at all. It's to complex to learn it this way, specially against someone smaller and stronger. It would help if it was the other way around, but since it isn't, he's better using his time looking into muay thai basics, since it's much easier to practice throwing straight punches then doing ashi-barais on thin air.
>>
>>17896399
Punch First. Punch Hard.

If you don't have any experience, that is really all you can do.

Every fight I have ever seen always starts the same. Both guys puff up their chests and do the whole "lets go bro, lets go, blah blah blah"

Don't talk shit, just wind up and punch as hard as you can. Hopefully he goes down. If he doesn't, you will have at least stunned him good and you can lay a few more.

Just don't hold back on the first punch.
>>
>>17896480
>>17896487

Thanks for all the advice but i really dont think this is gonna work out, if i hit him and it doesnt stun him i will lose for sure he is wayyyy stronger. My only chance is to surprise punch him when he puffs up spreads his arms and lifts up his head which he will do for sure. Throat punch is the easiest way to disable him with 1 surprise punch but i dont know how much force to use so i dont accidentally kill him, apparently thats possible?
>>
>>17896504
If you're afraid of a fight you're not nearly strong enough to kill him with a single punch don't worry that's a rarity for even the strongest men
>>
>>17896504
If you don't have experience you won't have the accuracy for it, neither the strength sensibility to calibrate it.

If you don't have the time to practice those other things (which you should, even once on the shower every day until it will be enough), do as the other anon said: punch hard, fast, and first. Just aim for the chin instead: bigger, easier, non lethal target. Don't fall in an argument, just sucker punch him hard enough wem he puffs up, and that'll probably scare him enough for you to let go a flurry of punches without a reactions for a few seconds
>>
>>17896480
>>17896487

Thanks for all the advice but i really dont think this is gonna work out, if i hit him and it doesnt stun him i will lose for sure he is wayyyy stronger. My only chance is to surprise punch him when he puffs up spreads his arms and lifts up his head which he will do for sure. Throat punch is the easiest way to disable him with 1 surprise punch but i dont know how much force to use so i dont accidentally kill him, apparently thats possible?
>>
>>17896399
In my experience it's best to let him attack first then you dodge his attack (quick sidestep, do not roll away) and hit him from behind for 1.5x crit damage. Rinse and repeat, eventually he will go down. Also remember to loot his corpse.
>>
>>17896529
>if i hit him and it doesnt stun him i will lose for sure

lol I don't think it's reasonable to expect your hit can stun a strong opponent. Most of them are immune to disables anyway. The only way to win is by being patient and methodical. Remember rule of three
>>
Oh and one other thing I forgot about the throath punch: anyone who did boxing, muay thai or street fighting 101 will lower his head and keep his chin to his chest as much as possible. So just go for the chin instead. If you miss the throath, you'll probably lose confidence for the rest of the fight
>>
It's safe to assume not a single one of you have ever thrown a punch in your life.
>>
>>17896548
/thread
>>
>>17896542
Hitting him in the throat wont be a problem cause he ALWAYS lifts up his chin and puffs up to look more intimidating while he talks shit.
>>
>>17896399

Just kick him in the nuts like a normal guy.

Honerable fighting is for entertainment. Save that crap when you get paid to fight.
>>
>>17896548
Muay thai red kruang and judo purple belt, I'm not a pro but I definitly can give an anon some tips to kick a layman ass

>>17896565
You seem set to the throath thing so I don't see why you're asking for tips. An uppercut seem a much better idea and might make him bite his tongue or clench his teeth hard enough to hurt, but since you're so sold to the throath thing just try your luck with that
>>
OP you better come back here after the fight to describe how badly your ass was kicked
>>
>>17896586
Im not set on the throat but it seams the easiest, will hitting him in the chin give him pause or not? He seems pretty tough im not sure im strong enough that an uppercut will give him pause?
>>
File: 1471985043910.jpg (132KB, 460x700px) Image search: [Google]
1471985043910.jpg
132KB, 460x700px
>>17896399
You're going to fight a what?
>>
>>17896600
Even the throath blow will take enough strength to disorient him if you aim for te chin or nose wich are way easier targets. He's unlikely to drop cold with any of those moves, but almost any strenght will be disorienting enough to follow up with a second or more blows unpunished

Also, he might cover his throath or move as sheer reflex from your move, even id he doesn't realize your aiming there, which will ruin it.

Go for easier targets and don't bet all your chips on a single move to end it. For the body type match up you're better betting on weak but accurate blows in a long fight.

If you want inspirantion, look for forrest griffin fights. The guy is a dork and clumsy as fuck but he went a long way doing the basics.
>>
>>17896399
throat punch can kill somebody if you hit hard enough

break adams apple they can't breath
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.