[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everything is shattering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: clip_image002_thumb.jpg (35KB, 510x257px) Image search: [Google]
clip_image002_thumb.jpg
35KB, 510x257px
My whole life is falling apart.
I've had a pretty normal life up until this year. Grew up in a decent family, went to a decent school, not picked upon but not the chad of the class either. I couldn't complain.

Since university I've started to shine in my subject (law) and getting high grades. Combined with a lot of working experience and this gives me a pretty good vision on the future.

But then 2016 happened (no this is no political bullshit). First of all my parents are divorcing in the least humane way possible. They will even fight over who gets to keep the fucking lawnmower.

My sister has been diagnosed with cancer, while acute problems can be solved it can't be entirely cured (something in her bones). This means she has to come back for a check up each year and the chances of her needing treatment every few years are high.

Then a couple of weeks ago my gf for 4 years died in a car crash. This left my devastated and my parents didn't even give a fuck.

Now my grandfather had an epileptic attack and was found dead in his bed.

I have to study for my exams, if I fail one exam I can't go abroad next year and severely damage my future career (or at least set it back).

I don't know what to do anymore, I'm losing my shit, feel like falling apart and don't have the strength to be strong anymore.
>>
To make things clear, I'm not suicidal
>>
Take some time, as in a few days and actually get a grip on yourself. Talk to the professor about the possibility of taking the exam a bit later.
I'm sorry for your losses anon, but these events are outside of your power. What's in your power is to accept these things, mourn in a way that isn't too disruptive and focus on your future. It's not easy, it's not painless, but consider your academic obligations as a calling that can't be abandoned no matter the pain.
You can do it anon.
>>
>>17895804
get some professional counseling

many colleges have freebie counseling look into that

otherwise it reads like your life is headed towards the shitter

but you're smart have $$ self awareness - this problem can be fixed etc
>>
>>17895804
Focus on exam, mourne/worry after you pass.

Success outweigh wanting to feel like shit (aka mourne).

Suppress your emotions till then.
>>
Time will heal those wounds, even if they hurt in the process.

Try to take those exams if you feel you are able to, but keep in mind that posponing your studies is not such a big deal. In x years, nobody will care.

You had luck during your life and you're having horrendous luck atm. Take care of yourself.
If you can get professional counseling, that'd be okay. If not, the company of friends will help, trust me.

I don't know what to tell you. Right now, you're at your lowest point. From this, you can only go up.
>>
Study the hardest you can. Despite how much it hurts right now, you'll gain much experience from it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.