[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to find a good bf?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (13KB, 236x322px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 236x322px
I'm early 20s, female, and have trouble finding partners. It's not from a lack of interest from men (so from extrapolation I would assume I'm not unattractive), it's just that they don't really want a relationship, or if they do they're not the kind of man who I want to spend long periods of my life with.

I just want a guy who reads, and does some kind of creative thing (I am a musician myself, but other artistic endeavours are equally worthwhile).

Big cars and lots of money do not really grab me; I live in a city and can walk or ride my bike everywhere, and I care about the planet so don't want to maintain a car (I can drive though, and do basic mechanical stuff), and I make my own clothes, since I don't like a lot of mainstream clothing styles.

So how do I find men who are not only interested in sex or very (imo) boring?
>>
Keep looking. Just keep in mind that you're the odd one with high standards, not the guys that are boring.
>>
File: doggles-hero.jpg (100KB, 900x704px) Image search: [Google]
doggles-hero.jpg
100KB, 900x704px
>>17894659
ehm... a..are you in Miami?
>>
OP you sound boring as fuck what do you bring to the relationship?
>>
>>17894659
you can't find the unfindable, you will know when you like someone or not, we can not tell you where to find because we don't know your future

but I will tell you this, we live in a world where we are hyperconnected, people are only interested in sex at this age because its so easy, no one wants a long relationship because everything new is better, the first experience of something will always be better then the second, so why not sex be always great?

I also believe that you're not at the right age to be asking to find a relationship that will last your whole life, I honestly think that the more 'connected' we are the more likely that this will be true. What's the difference between today and 30 years ago? Where each relationship was precious and long? They had no way to connect, so the only form was in person, making relationships (in terms of friendships) were much more true.

ps. as final advice, just fuck the guy you want most, if the sex is good he'll ask for more, you'll get to know him aswell

as a guy who looks for both things, sex and interesting people, you need for both to be good for a good relationship :)
>>
There are plenty of these, it's just that very few happen to intersect with the "Attractive" category
>>
>>17894659
Maybe try going to a forum related to an interest of yours and get involved while not revealing your gender. Might give you the chance to engage someone without them having the pressure of knowing you're a girl and trying to impress you.

Could also try the ideal mate threads on /soc/. Most of the responses won't be what you're looking for but if you cast a wide net you're bound to find someone good enough.
>>
>>17894677
Australia, sorry.
>>
>>17894678
Well, I'm very well read, a good cook, have a pretty good job, a good knowledge of music, play video games, like cuddles etc, Not really clingy, own my own place, what else do you want?
>>
>>17894689
>/soc/
no, just...no. why would anybody even recommend that level of fail? clearly OP needs to go to a church or deviantart or, some other online hobby site. Gees, anything is better than /soc/. /soc/ might as well be dick pics: the containment board.
>>
>>17894659
It's going to be an older guy +10 to 13 years that's past the age of knocking around just because you can... (although you're kind of young for a ltr too)
>>
>>17894679
I'm not really interested in casual sex. I've had exactly one relationship that began when I was 16 and lasted 4 years (we went to different unis and the distance just got too much). I would like something like that again. I'm not a virgin, but I have only had sex with that one person, but he said I was pretty good. I don't know though, it's not exactly a large sample space.
>>
>>17894705
I'm not religious. Agnostic, really. But I certainly don't want any of the organised religions.
>>
>>17894712
stop thinking about it so much, the correct person will come at the right time, you can't speed this up
>>
>>17894659
the fact that you resorted to 4chins is indicative of social interaction deficit. happens to tha best of us girlfriend! put more effort into being more approachable, and don't be over keen and scare guys off when you project your ideal image of a perfect man on a guy you just met.
>>
>>17894677
Kek I'm in Miami too bro I feel you

The women here are materialistic and shallow as fuck
>>
>>17894727
I don't do that. Quite the opposite really; I am quite shy.
>>
>>17894717
at your age, I didn't identify with religion either.. older I got, more screwed up I became without compass. atheist this, agnostic that, apatheist this, apathetic agnostic that. In practice my actions were just abominations. Jesus changed my life. He may change yours if you give him a try. In that world (church), you will find many men who respect strong unions, and actually mean it.
>>
>>17894659
>how do I find men who are not only interested in sex

Bring more to the table then. Be willing to initiate conversations. Open yourself to deep thoughts and ideas.

I once asked a chica what her biggest fear was. I said I was deathly afraid of not living up to my potential and ending up wasting my life behind a desk without ever truly challenging myself. She said her biggest fear was spiders.

We never spoke again.
>>
>>17894702
Well assuming you're not a ham planet I'd definitely date and I meet the criteria I'd like to think.

Granted that means fuck all but I'm sure you'll find someone that appreciates those traits, trust me as someone looking for the female version it's not easy
>>
>>17894734
OP, but unrelated. So is it actually like it's depicted in the media? I've never been, the only places I've been in the US are New Orleans, San Francisco, New York, Seattle and LA.
>>
>>17894742
Well, I am very healthy, do martial arts twice a week. So no, I'm not a landwhale.
>>
>>17894741
You're a narcissist and she was dumb.
>>
>>17894743
Eh it's close enough to not matter, only thing to do here is go to clubs and shit, I'm just not about that lifestyle you know? I'm someone who likes reading and playing my guitar as an evening
>>
>>17894739
I find most of the Abrahamic faiths rather patriarchal and archaic. I've read the bible, Koran and Torah/old testament, and haven't found much that appeals to me from any. If any, Buddhism appeals the most. But the stereotype of being a western buddhist is not one I want to be attached to.
>>
>>17894748
Ah well fuck the distance sounds like you're a catch OP, I wish you luck
>>
>>17894755
Can you move?
>>
>>17894734
yep... growing up here made me realize how little this city has in common with a lot - if not the majority of the US. Unrealistic question really, if she would have been raised here, it would be hard to believe that she'd turn out that amazing.

Not to say this city is absolutely devoid of good women, but boy it gets harder every year to find one.
>>
>>17894737
there you go. work on social skills and expand options. the second bit is a shy girl trait, no being liked back because less socially awkward people can pick up on your discomfort
>>
>>17894763
Very true, the hell I've gone through to find someone worth sharing my life with man

>>17894762
Well shit aren't I the one supposed to ask that? Kek though I do mean it if we were in the same country at least but there's plenty of guys like me
>>
>>17894741
thats very embarrassing on your behalf. very edgy move that doesn't complement your intelligence , rather your emotional instability.
>>
>>17894759
>patriarchal

I think I'm starting to see the problem. kek

You maybe uploaded a tumblr account into your brain.

But seriously
Hmm, well, least you tried. But understand though, what you're reading is human history, not a work of fiction. These events transpired. Nobody can force you to become a Christian though.. only you can feel it in you to identify with his words.
>>
Would definitely suggest OkCupid.
>>
>>17894791
She doesn't seem very Tumblr tier to me but coming from what i assume to be a similar mentality it's hard for certain people to believe in something they cant experience, I'm studying to be a biochemist so I have a very analytical mind. That and religion doesn't go well together.
>>
>>17894791
No, I mean that they were written at times of literal patriarchal systems. Not the tumblr bullshit. I am also just not inclined to be remotely faith driven; I was raised in a secular household, which is perhaps why I find things like Buddhism more appealing; it does not require belief in an external supernatural being.
>>
Reversal: as an early 20s male, how do I find a girl who shares my interests in music and books and politics and things like that? I couldn't care less about video games, anime, or comic books and sort of assumed it would be some kind of advantage to have more stereotypically "mature" interests, but it doesn't do much for me.

OP would be my type but the whole "go to another continent for someone you met on the internet" thing is retarded.
>>
>>17894810
What music?
>>
>>17894814
Not him but OP you're looking at this as a quantitative thing, it rarely happens that someone just ticks some boxes and you're in love
>>
>>17894814
a lot of classical since I play classical piano. also jazz, but I like anything done well and tastefully. Tend to avoid metal and modern country.
>>
>>17894806
In practice, he is very supernatural.. and yet, he claimed to be God. If he's right, and you're wrong, that means every face you've ever seen, every item you like, every idea introduced into the world.. he created the conditions for all that to be possible.

I personally don't think he lied. And every day I find a reason to find that even more amazing... I think about how no matter how much human creativity advances.. his ideas were of such an amazing range of archetypes.. that it's hard to believe they even exist.. not even talking about something as complex as us humans. But animals, plants, coral, so much stuff... so many ideas... one guy.
>>
>>17894817
No, I was just asking out of curiosity. I know there are plenty of personality traits that are also important etc, and some real cunts can be musicians or artists, or well read (I mean, just look at /lit/).

These are just general indicators on the kind of person I want, because in general I think kind, slightly introverted, well considered and calm people are attracted to reading, while artistic types tend to be more alternative and adventurous (as in, travelling, not sexually, although they tend to be a bit adventurous in that way too). These are things I value in people.
>>
>>17894826
>avoid metal and modern country.
Me too.
Also, I play sax so naturally play a lot of Jazz, and cello for classical.
>>
>>17894803
>I'm A. so I couldn't possibly be B.

Plenty of Christians in that field, surely. Or any other faith really.
>>
>>17894835
That's true, I have the same habit of looking for markers in people still can't tell if that's a good or bad thing.

If it's any consolation OP this thread is literally turning into a list of people that are interested in you.

Best i can tell you is go through life with an open mind, I've fallen for people I'd never thought I would've rationally and in theory but in practice it... worked. Best of luck OP though try not to settle, it's better to be single than in a shitty relationship.
>>
>>17894851
Dude it's a certain mindset. I was raised Catholic but I refuse to commit myself to believing in the almighty sky wizard and all the political and cultural baggage that accompanies that. I would certainly like to believe that there are some forces beyond our understanding, but since they are by definition not provable I can't bring myself to subscribing to a faith.
>>
Librarian/Teachers maybe?
>>
>>17894866
Many things are not provable.

You can approach me right now and say, "anon, I had a dream about you."

Then you go on and explain it to me and I say... "well where's the proof?"..

you: "But anon, I wrote it down in my journal to remember it and-

me: the proof... show it to me, show me your dream.

you:....
>>
I know the feeling, fellow femanon. It's startlingly hard to find a boy who's interested in Plotinus and Schoenberg and critical theory who isn't a huge snob devoid of personality.

But then I realized that I was being snobbish myself limiting myself to finding someone who fit my shallow criteria of "well read" and "appreciates the intricacies of Bach." Ended up finding someone who didn't exactly fit my criteria. I am completely in love with them (the feeling is mutual) and I save the Ovid discussion for my friends because I'm not a shallow asshole.
>>
>>17894881
Yes and I'd be more inclined to believe you, and frankly it doesn't affect me one way or the other what the fuck you dreamt of, but the god argument decides what happens to you the rest of eternity.

Not to mention I find it hard to believe in a god with the amount of atrocities that happen in this world every day. You can write off the small things as learning a lesson or strengthening your resolve, but what about a child who is born into poverty, spends 6 months suffering in a 3rd world shit hole then dies a slow and painful death? It's disgusting.
>>
>>17894902
>girl who likes Bach

I just swooned
>>
>>17894904
Would you be surprised then, if you died, and on the other side that same starving child is healthy in the presence of the Lord?

Would you be surprised then, if on the other side, there is no sickness, no abnormalities, no disease? That we are no longer made flesh.

I am not AT ALL surprised by human suffering. Not even a little bit. But it is our job to do something about it instead of crying to God like entitled children. He has plenty of mercy, but what he has promised, has nothing to do with this. No, not till he returns.
>>
>>17894881
The difference is having a dream is not an extraordinary claim. Yes, I can't prove there is not a tea pot orbiting around the sun but it is reasonable to assume that claim is false.

Can a scientist be religious? Sure. But there's a reason it's uncommon relative to the general population.
>>
>>17894926
They got you good didn't they? I can't praise a being who's indifferent to suffering, a being who for the simple fact of not believing in him but otherwise being a good person would send you to hell. Btw that child isn't baptized so no he wouldn't be next to god, at best he'd be in purgatory.

Not to mention, out of all the religions how do you know yours is right?
>>
>>17894902
I have tried. The music I can take or leave, I'd be just as happy with an artist; but reading is a must.
>>
>>17894902
Same femanon who wrote this. Just wanted to ask what city you lived in. Something that helped me find nice people with (general) overlapping interests was volunteering at the local jazz society
>>
>>17894942
Melbourne, maybe I'll try that. Heaven knows, the city is hipster enough for a jazz society.
>>
>>17894940
Why is that? As someone who is working on their philosophy grad thesis on Averroes, I can tell you that the well-read intellectual types under 40 I have met tend to be insufferable and socially awkward. There is little substance beneath their malformed ideas on Borges or whatever.

Some of the coldest people I have ever met were my undergrad comparative literature peers.
>>
>>17894931
Well, before you introduce subjectivity into the debate. Let's focus on concrete things.

You agree you can't prove your dream. But I am to believe you, on faith alone....

See where I'm going with this?

Science for example, mutates and changes with the times, the big bang theory itself has morphed with time. And new ideas have had to be created to sustain the theory.

And an amazing amount of faith is put on those ideas, without evidence, or visual confirmation.

But, what can we assure ourselves with... to further convince ourselves, that we just might be right? Science uses the scientific method. Religion uses the 10 commandments, of which one is not to lie. This is law now... a law given to all the people.

So. If we both accept this law from this point on, you say, okay, my dream about you was such and such, and I believe you. Why? Because you follow a law, and therefore I trust your being honest.

Now, how do I apply the scientific method to your dream?
>>
>>17894938
>thread is devolving into an argument about the existence of god

It sure is 2010 in here

Anyways OP I really think you'll be fine, it just takes time to find the right type. Travel the world; you'll meet other travellers, and many of them will be engaged with the world in the same way as you. Go to libraries and bookstores, go to music clubs. Pursue your interests in a social fashion and people like you will be around. I share your exact interests; if I didn't already have a girlfriend I'd be very keen on getting to know someone like you. We do exist.
>>
>>17894952
Oh, following up with: if you can, date a jazz musician. It's the best. Just trust me.
>>
>>17894952
Maybe it's unrealistic expectations; my family are very well read, and all their friends are, and are not insufferable.
>>
>>17894958
Sorry if I'm being negative. My worldview is perhaps a bit tainted by negative experience.
>>
>>17894953
I'm not going to argue if dreams are real. There is actual evidence for it such as research involving MRI scans. Your ignorance is not an argument.
>>
>>17894938
That is a very narrow understanding of scripture. Though I admit I'm no expert, that there is a very limited view so far.

Try reading what Jesus said in the New Testament, please. So we can debate it sometime anonymously perhaps..unknowingly.
>>
>>17894961
That's not what I said at all...

what I said is.. how can you PROVE to me... that you dreamnt of me? Without me first having faith in your truth... freely... with no restrictions on my believing you..
>>
>>17894969
I'd jump in on this argument, femanon, being a religious studies MA student currently, but from my experience there is really no hope for these people. It's like yelling at a brick wall.
>>
>>17894972
No hope for the religious nuts, that is. Should have clarified.
>>
>>17894969
Because it is a reasonable claim. We know people dream, thus its perfectly reasonable that someone would have dreamt of someone else. The closest analogy to this is if we could somehow prove their was a higher power, and the argument was just trying to figure out which specific deity. There is no actual proof that there is a higher power to begin with.

>>17894972
I've seen arguments for a higher power that some merit. Trying to prove I dreamed of someone is not one of them.
>>
File: stuartchase162978.jpg (77KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
stuartchase162978.jpg
77KB, 620x400px
>>17894976
No.

There argument is this. I have to put faith, trust, confidence in your dream. Because it's rational to assume I should believe you isn't very scientific. I need evidence, proof, a visual record of the events, and be able to recreate it.

All I can do is imagine it.

Will I ever imagine it as you dreamt it? Probably not. I can approximate it only in my association to you.

Likewise, it takes faith to believe in what was written down. That he died on the cross and rose from the grave. Now you need both faith, and faith that they are telling you the truth, and following the written law. In like manner, you put faith in scientific concepts that are purely theoretical in nature. And the academic settings from which they come into being, give them all the more credibility. All a while it's merely one big party celebrating human creativity, and it's potential.

And yet these types of debates don't even scratch the surface.
>>
>>17895006
>I have to put faith, trust, confidence in your dream.
And the knowledge that a dream actually happened. You're not arguing if the dream itself happened, but how exactly it went down. That is a far cry from debating if a dream ever happened to begin with, which is far closer to the standpoint of an atheist.

Your analogy is garbage, move on and whine on /christian/ for better debate points.
>>
File: 1459752911127.jpg (109KB, 928x550px) Image search: [Google]
1459752911127.jpg
109KB, 928x550px
>>17895006
>>
>>17894806
Unironically read the theology of the body by Pope John Paul II. If for no other reason than it will broaden your horizons and is very interesting. Christianity may not be what you think it is.

Philosophical questions play a big role in everyday life but are rarely discussed or even considered. And philosophy is often a punchline. I think it's a shame.
>>
>>17895019
>God
>changing

Why Max Planck, why.

>>17895017
Well, if it's not far from the perspective of an Atheist, then it shouldn't be too far from the perspectives shared by the pro theoretical science side.

We already established dreams exist because we all dream. The analogy is that things, yes, EVEN UNSEES can be believed.

And if God said he created life, then the logical conclusion is to take a step back and accept that all which is both seen, and unseen, is his doing. Including dreams, as they serve no "evolutional" purpose.

But there again, for those who believe, no evidence is required. Because to believe, one is simply convinced.
>>
>>17895030
I do read philosophy, the Greeks, some Enlightenment philosophers etc. I really doubt that Christianity is anything more than one of the 3 monotheistic Abrahamic faiths, with all the connotations therein.

What do you see as so good about it?
>>
>>17895040
>then it shouldn't be too far from the perspectives shared by the pro theoretical science side.
And you're still not getting that you're merely disputing it's specific history, not it's actual existence. That's the million dollar question, people arent asking if its Shiva or Allah or God but if a higher being exists to begin with. A dream, versus a specific dream.
>>
>>17895055
The evidence is written in the bible. The bible is a historical account of events. So yes, these things happened. Dreams however, require even more imagination than that. At least the bible describes specific places on Earth you can follow as you read. Dreams can take you anywhere. And yet, we simply believe. It takes a lot more faith to believe something as incredible as a dream imo, as possible as they are; the range of their abstraction.
>>
>>17895069
By that logic The History of the Kings of Britain is evidence for King Arthur.
>>
>>17894659
this isn't a gender thing or condescending thing, but do you even cook for yourself?
>>
>>17895091
Yeah, of course. I'm a pretty good cook. Why?
>>
>>17895078
Big difference between saxon-celtic mythology and Israeli non fiction. The cities are named, to this day, same as then, when God spoke to them. In fact, a lot of those city names are named because of communication with God.

But enough, if you don't feel like reading the bible, do what I do, download the KJV audio bible app. Easier that way.
>>
>>17895099
And cities/landmarks are named in Historia Regum Britanniae that are real and stand today.
I've read the bible. And the Koran. And many other things. If I'm not convinced of the existence for Arthur from the sources that are there, and he is just a man, why would I be convinced of a supernatural entity and unscientific/physically impossible miracles from the bible?
>>
>>17895047
It offers beauty to the world. I am a reflection of God. I am a conduit to execute great deeds and live up to ideals greater than myself and greater than life itself.

What I like about it especially is of course Jesus. His story is so unique. Ancient Gods did not suffer or feel pain. He chose to come to us to show us sacrifice and the deepest form of love.

The fact that you are well read, able to hold a thoughtful conversation and you ask questions fulfills just about any requirements I have for a friend. So I would just say don't lower your standards and get cynical. You sound like a catch to me.
>>
>>17895110
Because Arthur is a myth associated with historical events 500 AD.

The bible IS the AD. And the CE, and the BCE. Thst's how important it is. Also, it's Qur'an.
>>
>>17895112
>Ancient Gods did not suffer or feel pain.
Ahem. Do you know anything of the Greek and Roman mythologies? They were petty as all hell, suffered, argued, were basically human. The Norse god Loki was condemned to be chained to a rock and have poison dripped on him, causing agonising pain.

The ancient gods were modeled on humans. They suffered, lusted, got jealous, had rivalries etc.

Most of what religion has brought in my eyes is conflict, because they do not get along with one another. Beauty pales in contrast to so much human suffering, and one can be morale and ethical without the guidance of religion.
>>
>>17895117
It's not CE and BCE. They were made specifically to be secular. Your argument of time difference makes no sense. Are we to believe all of Herodotus because he was older than the bible?
>>
>>17895130
AD is the bible term, and yes you're right, they are secular terms.

Still our current era is due to those times. Our current history stems from bible history. Our holidays, justice systems, morals, etc.
>>
>>17895125
Good try but ancient gods never made themselves vulnerable and human in the same way Jesus did. Nor did their suffering try to imbue us with greater meaning.

Zeus just went around raping people because he was vain and lustful. Pretty colorful story but not much we can learn from it and apply to our lives and view of the universe.

Also the beauty of the New Testament of course is that humans didn't invent it at all. It actually happened.

Morality without religion is very cold. It reduces people to the sum of their wants and all decisions into material cost-benefit analyses.

I believe in immaterial beauty. Purpose in life beyond just existing.

But I say with complete honesty and sincerity that is just me. We are different. I want you to come to the same conclusion as me so you can be saved. But it's not up to me. Faith is between you and God alone.
>>
>>17895149
It's only cold when using Kant's categorical imperative. The morality of the individual is kind, and warm, or at least it can be.

And the morality of religion is very unforgiving for something based in a long distant past. The abortion debate, or religious intolerance, for example.
>>
>>17894702
Would you be satisfied by a guy that described himself in that exact way?
>>
>>17895166
Probably, if they weren't an asshole. Why?
>>
>>17895168
Just as long as you don't expect him to be more interesting or better looking than you.
I think most girls that have trouble finding guys just have to fix their ego problems and go for guys on their level.
>>
>>17894682
This.
>>
>>17895173
I'd much rather we be equally attractive and interesting. It means there's no awkwardness. I don't try to 'date up', but I also don't want to 'date down', I'd rather it be equal.
>>
>>17895069
>The evidence is written in the bible.
Wow what a great argument

>The bible is a historical account of events.
Except for all of those times the bible contradicts the historical record right? Then it's just a parable.
>>
>>17894952
do you really expect someone who likes those things to not be socially awkward?
unless you are only disqualifying people who are both insufferable and socially awkward.
you are going to have real tough luck if you are only going to settle for a man who is socially desirable with such obscure high intelligence floor interests
like 0.001% of the male population is interested in those things in the first place
less than a third of those won't be awkward.
those of them that are attractive enough, single, and actually interested in you would be like 100 people in the world.
good luck running into one of them before you hit 40
>>
>>17895181
Okay, but if this problem keeps going on, you should probably revaluate how valuable you really are.
>>
>>17894902
>tfw you will never be smart enough for a girl like this
>>
>>17895247
Like I said, I don't know what else to do. I get compliments from randoms, and hit on, so I don't think I look bad.

I know I'm a good musician, and that I'm well read.

I know I earn my own money.

Friends have told me I'm a good cook, and I don't think I'm very high maintenance. What else is there?
>>
>>17894702
>Not really clingy
dealbreaker
any girl like this it too damaged to love you
>>
>>17895267
Not being clingy? Howso? I simply mean it in the sense that I won't be slavering at your feet, texting you 5000 times a day and generally getting obsessive.

I like space, and I will give people space. Relationships that are claustrophobic are not really my thing, and generally imply a lack of trust, and I want to trust the person I'm in a relationship with.
>>
>>17895267

bait
>>
>>17895246
I'm not OP, dumbass. I basically just said what you type-spilled all over your keyboard but it was shorter. Did you even read my reply?
>>
You're in your early 20s. Don't sweat it. Most people don't find their serious relationship until late 20s or early 30s.
>>
>>17894697
Where in Australia, anon?
>>
>>17894697

Sydney?
>>
>>17895262
>Like I said, I don't know what else to do. I get compliments from randoms, and hit on, so I don't think I look bad.
This doesn't mean much. You could just be in the grey zone where you're decent looking enough to throw some easy compliments at, but not enough to actually put effort into.

The other stuff doesn't matter that much.

What about your personality?
Do you approach guys at all?
Are you fun to hang out with?
>>
>>17894659
Forget about online dating - I used it for months and rarely met someone who wasn't a fuckboy or damaged.

Go out and enlarge your social group through your interests. If you want a boyfriend who is artistic and well-read you might try at any literary event in your town, or events for writers, painters, musicians and such. Art exhibitions and concerts might work too. Just go there, meet people and enjoy yourself.
Eventually it works out.
>>
File: IMG_7016.png (102KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7016.png
102KB, 450x443px
>>17894902
>critical theory
>>
>>17894659
>>17894902
honestly both of u sound like self-righteous snowflakes
i think most *average* people would find you to be narcissistic boring cunts that are so far up their ass they can't seem to see past their niche special snowflake hobbies and indie bands
on another point
being in a relationship is not about being with a mirrored imagine of yourself
>>
>>17895377
Let me rephrase then. I get a lot of male attention, I dress well (so random people compliment me), I have a good body and big eyes with undyed hair etc. and no weird facial piercings, and pretty good face overall.
>>
>>17894659
eh I know some guys who are doing math and also compose music in their free time. I suppose I could consider them well read to some extent, and reasonably interesting. Maybe you can find one in gradschool?
>>
>>17894659
I'm in Darwin, 21, I like to play an instrument and I read often.

I'm going to a bar for the first time with a mate on friday, pretty nervous.
>>
>>17895204
>what a great argument.
The bible is 66 different books all written by or because of different people. And yet they all refer to one God, the same God, and their relationship to God. In fact, the bible contains overlapping passages, about certain events, as if to confirm from multiple sources.
>>
>>17895616
I also don't know what she means by well read. I'm an engineering grad student and I don't have time to read literature. I use my free time for other things. I like reading history but can't finish these books. Most books I read are technical or mathematical and I usually don't read them completely, only the parts I need.
>>
>Find a guy who values family
>You sound like an independent woman. Having a guy in your life who actually cares about you and is in it for the long term (and isn't a bitch) will require you to take a more feminine approach to life. I don't go looking for women who have awesome careers, believe it or not. I'd rather take some poor farm girl from Appalachia than some lawyer bitch. So would most other sane (white) men.
>Assuming you're not already slutted up, use your sexual value to attract a guy you like into marriage. Don't give it up until you're married. If he doesn't want to wait, than he wasn't the one. I wouldn't particularly worry about him leaving after since guys get screwed by divorce way worse than women these days.
>Don't go for "men" that share your particular interests in environmentalism (not that that's all bad) or is into the same kind of art you are. You might think you'll be happy with that low T hipster you always see riding the vintage bike around with the acoustic guitar on his back. You won't be, and if you have to ask why, you couldn't understand anyway.
>>
As a 21-year-old male who lives in Melbourne and really wants to meet a girl who I can marry, I can give you no better advice than this;
If you want to find a good man, you have to be a good woman.

You sound like a typical Melbourne hipster, and I go to uni here, so I've seen a lot of them. That look is really unattractive to traditionalists like me.

I am looking for a girl who isn't really career driven, who is kind and emotionally stable (as I am quite emotionless and want a complement), and who wants to have children and be a mother.

You'd be surprised how many women are career-driven and who say "I don't want to have children" these days. It's impossible for me to want to date one of these women, no matter what else she has going for her.

And you'll have to reconcile your desires with reality; the sorts of men who read and are artistic aren't typically the sorts who go to the gym and work as a firefighter. They work as baristas and talk about Andrea Dworkin. These are not the sort of men you want, nor should you.
>>
>>17896235
Well read as in read a good percentage of the Western Canon (and a little of the Eastern).
>>
>>17896395
I have no desire for a firefighter thank you very much, and I also don't want to be a housewife. I am kind and emotionally stable, but I'd expect an equal share of the housework and work; maybe you're just not my type.
>>
>>17896395
I feel that any traditional relationship leaves one person beholden to the other financially, which I don't believe is safe or sensible.
>>
yeah, no. You are not as interesting as you think and offer less for guys than you think.

but you can of course still try to find someone using online dating.
>>
>>17896442
Is PhilosophiƦ Naturalis Principia Mathematica included in westen canon? I haven't read it but I've passed on all physics courses.
>>
>>17896540
>passed all my physics courses*
>>
>>17894659

Honestly, after reading this thread you seem really cold, if not stuck-up to me. The way you approach problems of even your own hobbies seems very "rational" and calculated and somehow seriously off putting. In other words, you don't sound like a person who gives affection easily, which is a big minus for women.

You sound very smart and educated, but you present this in an almost flaunting fashion which is not attractive. You don't have to hide your intelligence, but you seem to borderline jerk off to yourself.

Also, you appear almost too independent for me, i.e. like someone who can up and go away from a relationship anytime.
>>
>>17896540
I don't think so.
http://www.openculture.com/2014/01/harold-bloom-creates-a-massive-list-of-works-in-the-western-canon.html
>>
>>17896591
I think you are asking too much. Do you think people that don't read books like these are stupid, less intelligent, or something else? You're looking for someone too specific.
>>
>>17896599
I'm not OP, I was just answering that dude.
>>
>>17896540
I like your honesty ;) That tome is quite hard to read because it's written in an ancient language of mathematics, I mean if you claimed you read it I could tell you're full of shit anyway. A large (and I mean really large) part of it is about obscure theorems that I doubt would ever be used in engineering courses, (like apsidal precession or duality of first order and second order force laws).
All in all, it's too mathematical for a philosophy book and too philosophical for a physics book and too physical for a math book. But I believe it's considered critical in terms of western culture. Also I don't understand what he's on about half of the time. It's a good thing we don't need to understand the cultural development of mathematics and physics to work with their modern version!

>>17896591
I think I've read about 2% of that list ;) that a good ratio?
>>
>>17896620
>I think I've read about 2% of that list ;) that a good ratio?

Again, not-OP here, but when it comes to be reading it's less about quantity than about what you do with the things you read.
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.