[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did this go well?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: full chat.png (143KB, 791x1321px) Image search: [Google]
full chat.png
143KB, 791x1321px
well - did this situation go well?
>>
>>17893519
You talk a little too formal for my tastes. And never leave decisions like that up to the girl. They usually want you to take control when it comes to setting up plans.
>>
>>17893519
>>17893528

this. its okay to be flexible on the when with a question like 'are you free this weekend' but what oyu basically did was say

>HEY, SEDUCE YOURSELF FOR ME :D'

and we dont like that, at all. we want that traditional date, and it doesn't really matter what it is. its so sad how many guys will ask me on a date and then when i say 'sure, what'd you have in mind' they just say 'IDK YOU DECIDE' then act like they're doign me a favor.

it lead to one really awkward day where i said 'lets play video games' then he came over and didnt want to play video games and just watched me play sonic. reallllly uncomfortable.
>>
>>17893555

trips are mislead;

If you read I offer a walk through a nature reserve. I was merely inquiring as if to her town (Scunthorpe) has any or if we would have to relocate.
>>
>>17893558

not mislead, just forgot to type out the part where i said 'i know you suggested an activity so thats a good start, but insisting she choose the time and place is still bad.

the 'i want to make it convenient' is a pretty bad thing to say.

if you pick a place htats inconvenient, the girl will say so and explain why. she wont say 'THATS INCONVENIENT SO WERE NOT DOING THIS'.

for isntance if a igrl lieks you and you say
>would you like to go uot for sushi'
she will not say
>LOL YOU FAILED THE TEST, I DONT LIKE SUSHI SO NOW WE CANT DATE TROLOLOLOL

she will just say
>oh i dont really like sushi :x

and you will suggest a different place.
>oh thats okay, there's a nice italian place nearby we could try instead.

that sort of thing.

so just google 'hikes in XX' wherein XX is her location, and suggest the place and time. if this doesn't mesh well she will say so and then you can inquire about alternatives.
>>
>>17893570

Apart from a few novice mistakes did I do well? Like she doesn't seem to be trolling she does want a date right?
>>
>>17893573

i doubt shes trolling. this isn't about doing well or not. the thing is if hte girls legit into you there's very little you can do to fuck it up.

you did horribly imo, but you got what you wanted because what you do doesn't matter. shes into you regardless of that.
>>
>>17893519
ur dum af. guys dont like long walks on the beach or strolling in nature. HE WANTS TO FUCK YOU.
>>
>>17893590

I'm the guy you stupid bastard.
>>
>>17893570

Apart from a few novice mistakes did I do well? Like she doesn't seem to be trolling she does want a date right?
>>
You fucked up right off the bat by asking her if she's "up for doing something." That's vague and indirect. I'm assuming you want to take her on a date, so you should've said something like "Let's go out sometime" and then when she says yes, you would name the activity and the time and date.

You also fucked up by not taking charge and naming the date activity, instead you passed it off her to. Pretty rookie move there, women want a man to take charge and lead them, so she might already look at you as indecisive and passive; two unattractive qualities

In the future just be more masculine and assertive. You'll learn with time and practice
>>
>>17893587

So basically what you're saying is

>terrible performance by me
>she eats it up anyway
>she's definitely interested because of this
>>
>>17893613

pretty much. you acted wayyyy too formal, put it on her plate, and then used the convenience excuse.

but assuming you picked a place afterwards, picked atime, and she agreed, you're in the clear for now
>>
>>17893622

Cheers for the heads up lad.
>>
>>17893555
>>17893570

Bitches make me sick, this is why men MUST take control and never let it go, not to continue her Walt Disney love story but to keep her in line. This hole responding to you isn't wrong we all know that girls can do anything shes right but the arrogance and entitlement permeating from her cunt is putrid, enough to make your dead grandpa have a seizure

Remember gents we are constantly audtioning for the pussy and we must do absolutely everything because women are big childeren and live in a bubble of "yay me, tee hee"

I would never depend on a girl to set the date or time because you truly are useless all the way down to date preparation. Women say bullshit things like they want a man to take control initially that may be true while they are still getting comfortable with you, sooner or later though a switch in their head flips , they start to think they run the show and slowly begin sapping away your manhood until you become an LV accessory wrapped around her little princess pinky finger. They want you to take control because they have no fucking clue and the more comfortable a girl feels with you the more of a "clue" she thinks she has.

Take control OP forever and always
>>
>>17893519
>Scunthorpe
>>
Too formal and needy
>>
>>17893519
You aren't doing as badly as everyone is saying, you just talk differently. Obviously it didn't hurt you much because she's clearly into you.

But yeah, next time be more definitive about plans.

"You free this weekend?"
"Yeah I am, why?"
"Let's go spend a day in nature"

Makes you sound a lot more confident and fun.
>>
>>17893587
>There's very little you can do to fuck it up
Wrong
>>
>>17893528
>>17893622
>>17895053
Not OP. I've heard, a few times, that I am a bit too formal. I still don't get it. Could any of you point out the parts where you recognize him as being too formal?
>>
>>17895184
it is very meticulous with spelling and punctuation, I even saw a hyphen

his writing is fine it's the lack of decisiveness which is the weak spot
>>
It's ok except the part where you said

>you can choose
>you pick for convenient time

Don't make her choose a place and time, I know it sounds silly but girls have as much of a clue of dating as guys. Unless she really gives hints that she wants to go to a certain place.

I used to date a guy who ALWAYS said ''you decide'' or ''you pick''. It was really frustrating for me because I like it when a guy himself knows what to do.

That's just my personal opinion.
>>
>>17895382
Do you think the guy has to choose even when you're meeting in your city which he knows fuck all about? I've had to do this with one girl and thought it seemed unusual.
>>
>>17893519

"Please choose the location"

you sound like a real unlikeable fag, missing out on a chance to be slightly assertive by not even suggesting before submitting to her
>>
>>17895407
I guess in that situation the girl has to take the lead since it would be weird to ask? Idk, I have a partner for three years now, he also lives in a whole other country and when he comes over I usually show him the places I like, while when we are in his place, he leads.

But I was pretty much referring to OP and I believe they don't live so far apart.
>>
>>17895449
There seems to be a consensus itt that it's a massive turnoff when a guy doesn't unpromptedly decide on the location and I was wondering if that applies in that scenario as well. I directed my question at you since you were the most recent poster to agree on that.

How it happened with me and this girl was that I asked if she had any recommendations. She responded that perhaps we can figure it out on the spot. Then we met and she told me "well I guess there are some cafes and bars over there and there", "you can pick one". I found it lame that she didn't seem to have any preference for what to do in her own city, but I guess it was acceptable behavior after all.
>>
>>17893519
NO DUMBASS
She can see when you screenshot texts too on snapchat!
>>
>>17895530
Yeah I understand what you're saying, it does seem strange not even being able to just spontaneously pick a place. I mean my city is fairly small for example, but it'd still be possible to find a nice location.
>>
>>17895530
But to answer your question, if neither of you have a plan, it's best to just try out anything. Sometimes you can find pretty good places by just stopping by.
>>
>>17895541
Yeah well we ended up going to the cafeteria of the local library at my suggestion because I hate it when there's music playing. Normally I wouldn't dare to suggest something so boring so it was kinda funny.
>>
>>17895375
I once saw a girl here on /adv/ saying that she only message guys back if they write correctly. She even said that if the guy don't start everything sentence with capital letter, she wouldn't send a message back.
>>
I'm a girl, here's some advice.

"I'm sure you must be asked this a lot" = NO. You're putting yourself down. Like oh I'm just another one of all those guys after you. No. Don't say that. Okay?

"We could do that if you were up to it?" She has just told you she'd love to!! Be more assertive!

"You're the lady so..." ugh. Try to avoid that. I mean I guess it depends on the girl but it's off-putting to me.

"I want to make it as convenient to you as possible". I know, you're trying to sound nice and considerate. But it comes across as kinda... low self esteemy? Doormaty? I can't find the right word, but it's unattractive. Just say something like "how does X sound?" or whatever.

Also you suggested nature but didn't have a plan on where to go? Come on, make things happen easier!

And what everyone said, you sound too formal and she shouldn't be the one to decide. "Hey let's go on a date! Ok, you plan everything". Uh, no. At least she seems interested, this is just general advice.
>>
>>17893611
This

But its no prob, i remember doing this first year in college. You'll get there by junior year at least
>>
>>17896466
anonette, im not OP but you are giving great advice, thank you
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.