[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought a lemon. Need legal advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: dr gino.jpg (190KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
dr gino.jpg
190KB, 720x960px
I'm just going to copy and paste my post from /o/, which I found to be a troll board full of assholes who offered no help.
>Used dealership
>Salesman comes out
>Greasy black hair styled back, aviator shades and a tooth pick in his mouth
>Nametag says Danny
>He tells me just to call him "Slick"
>Shows me a 2004 Altima with 184k miles for $9,500
>I get coerced and agree to pay it in cash without negotiating
>Didn't even test drive
>Buy it
>Starts making rumbling sounds on the drive home
Basically I get coerced and manipulated whenever someone confronts me about money and I always fold to appease them.
I know I sound like a freaking idiot but this is just something I've always struggled with. Can I file a report if I get conned into buying a lemon?
>>
Do you have all the papers you signed?
Any built-in warranties?
Return grace periods?

Also never, EVER EVER EVER buy a car on your first visit. EVER. It doesn't matter if you're buying it from Jesus himself, you go the fuck home and think about it, then come back a few more times and keep test driving it.
>>
>>17893398
hey bro
let me hold on to a twenty.
>>
This sounds like a joke since I can't believe anyone with 10k cash could be this astronomically dumb.
>>
Holy shit bro you fucked up hard 9500 for an 04 altima with 184k miles? That cars worth like 2500 at most
>>
I've invested a total cost (including the purchase price and repairs) of $5000 for two olders cars in great condition, and repaired them at shops with brand new warrantied parts for the next years, and I've owned them for about 4 years now.
>>
I bet you look and act like a retard, and he recognized you being dumb from far away
>>
>>17893405
I've bought the title and saw that my check to the dealership was cashed last night.
I heard something about a 30 day warranty but the salesman isnt answering his phone.

I wanted my mechanic friend to help me go car shopping but he was on vacation for Christmas.
>>17893527
That's probably true. I look gullible I hear. I was just looking at first but got swindled into buying the first thing he showed me.
>>
>>17893559
Go there in person driving the bad car. With a friend who can do the talking for you, preferably. You clearly shouldn't do these things alone.

Having your dad or another older male relative could help. And you'll get the handle of negotiation by watching them too.
>>
>>17893564
also bring a gun, just in case
>>
>>17893578
Why?
>>
>>17893643
because why not?
>>
>>17893718
I don't have a gun and my state is very strict on them. Besides, only pussy faggots use guns.
>>
>>17893398
>someone made me part with $9,500 for something I didn't test drive because I'm spineless
Hey OP, fancy sending me a couple of thousand?
I'll put my account details in another post, I shouldn't need much more than that to get you to part with your money.
>>
>>17893734
>only pussy faggots use guns

Says all of the people lying in graves right now who have died to guns.

Guns are extremely effective and more useful to a proper homeowner. Gun = hitting intruder from 10 feet away and they will die. If you get someone who's hung up on drugs, a stun gun may do NOTHING. You're fucked from any other means.

>also you're a retard for signing papers and paying nearly 10k for a shit car
>>
>>17893734
You are a pussy faggot though
>>
>>17893398
>Used dealership
>Salesman comes out
>Greasy black hair styled back, aviator shades and a tooth pick in his mouth
>Nametag says Danny
>He tells me just to call him "Slick"

okay so you don't deserve this, but you certainly asked for it
>>
>>17893765
I have all the sense when I'm online, it's in person where I crack.
>>17893788
>>17893790
Look I'm not here to defend guns. This isn't /k/ so don't get triggered. I don't have a gun and i only have like $200 in the bank so it's out of the question. The car has an old police baton in the trunk, though. I could probably flex with that
>>
>>17893815
I'm not defending guns, just saying you're a pussy faggot, hopefully you learned something from this, also calling the dealership won't get shit, show up with some people that actually have testicles and get them to argue on your behalf.
>>
>>17893820
How is it a smart idea to threaten a businessmen with a gun when he has all your info on his forms?
That would habe been OP's grave.
>>
>>17893815
>I have all the sense when I'm online, it's in person where I crack.
So at what point did you think "I should say no"?
Was it when he asked you to call him slick?
When you didn't go for a test drive?
Or when you were signing the paperwork?
>>
>>17893833
The whole time actually. I'm just eager to please and have a very hard time articulating it. I knew him asking me to call him Slick was a huge red flag but I pussied out.
>>
>>17893825
I'm not the guy that mentioned guys, I'm just calling OP a pussy. I agree a guy who brings a gun to intimidate people is a pussy, but OP seems to think he's above people who are pussies when he is in fact one himself.

Let me reiterate since I know someone will misunderstand, I don't think he should bring a gun, I'm simply calling OP a vagina.
>>
>>17893855
damn dude, you need to work on that. go on youtube and look up how to be assertive or something.
>>
Well thanks for being no fucking help /adv/. Slick won't answer his phone and my dad told me I'm an idiot and he won't help. I might as well go to /sp/ for advice.
>>
>>17894850
You were given plenty of good advice youre just too retarded to see it apparently no wonder you got fucked over so hard
>>
>>17894861
You're retarded
>>
>>17894850
You are a fucking idiot, where's the written sales contract? Where's the receipt? If all you have was a verbal contract and you can't remember his exact words, you're fucked unless your state has some kind of consumer protection law for this kind of situation. Not knowing where you live, I can't give you any better help
>>
>>17894850
>HEY ADV, I JUST FUCKED MYSELF OVER, WHAT DO?

You learn from your mistakes, and don't repeat them.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.