[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK to USA immigration? (Illegal too)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: uk-and-usa.jpg (2MB, 1800x957px) Image search: [Google]
uk-and-usa.jpg
2MB, 1800x957px
>be me
>20 year old male british citizen in london
>want to permanently move to the USA to be with gf
>have no appropriate skills for a working visa
>can travel for a period of 90 days with no visa on the VWP (https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/visit/visa-waiver-program.html)
>considering booking a round trip and just not returning

What would be the easiest (and cheapest if possible) way to permanently move to the US?
Is it a fiancé visa?
Also I would have a place to stay, but after the money I bring with me runs out I guess I would be working with other illegals?
Also are there community colleges one could join that could enable me to get a student visa without being naturalized?
Has anyone ever had any experience with something like this? Any help is much appreciated
>>
Might be worth mentioning, I'm currently studying an access course in the UK in college that was supposed to help me get into university here, I dont suppose that would have any bearing on my ability to get a student visa in the US?

Also do you think I could look for work on a vacation visa while i'm in the USA that could secure me a job without being naturalized? Or would no legal employer accept me due to this?
>>
anyone?
>>
>>17892952
>Also are there community colleges one could join that could enable me to get a student visa without being naturalized?

You can study at most community colleges - just expect to pay ridiculous rates for it that you likely will not be able to afford (you can not apply for the big majority of scholarships as a foreigner).

>Is it a fiancé visa?

Yes

>Also I would have a place to stay, but after the money I bring with me runs out I guess I would be working with other illegals?

You are correct.

>I dont suppose that would have any bearing on my ability to get a student visa in the US?

Getting into an US college as a foreigner is not difficult. Paying for it is the problem - as you need to show the money upfront (and scholarships are usually no option).

>Also do you think I could look for work on a vacation visa while i'm in the USA that could secure me a job without being naturalized? Or would no legal employer accept me due to this?

No you could not.
The only jobs you will be able to land will abuse you and pay awfully.

Keep asking away though
>>
>>17892952
Join our most fabulous military, ya punk arse
>>
>>17893025
You can't join the US Military without a work permit - and the US Military does not provide foreigners wanting to join with one.

Please stop spreading this myth that foreigners can immigrate to the US through the military as it gives people false hope that are crushed once they read into this.
>>
>>17893029
Wtf?

Damn, times have changed. I coulda sworn that'd still be valid during the height of iraq occupation. My father got his citizenship for serving in Vietnam. they did need a massive amount of bodies in the jungle though
>>
OP, are you White and not-muslim?
>>
>>17893041
(Generally does not matter in any immigration process)
>>
>>17893017
So say I get engaged to my gf on a vacation visa, but neither of us use social media and the most proof of our relationship we have is skype logs, from an unbiased point of view do you think that it will be considered a sham marriage? keeping in mind we are both white and young

as far as the illegal work, im physically fit so i can do manual labour, worked in a glass processing plant before

>>17893025
was thinking of this but yeah its a myth unfortunately

>>17893041
yeah, im white and so is my gf, english is our first and only languages
>>
>>17893038
As a foreigner wanting to immigrate into the United States it is something that you hear all the time, personally I don't know where this stems from however it is not a possibility for most.

I heard rumors/stories about recruitement offices near the Southern Border taking in undocumented Hispanics in masses and not giving a crap - but I doubt this is true and even if it was they would probably not let WASPs do it.

US Army recruitement officer stationed here in Rammstein won't even make appointments with Germans.
>>
>>17893045

Well it matters to me - if I'm going to give advice to a potential illegal immigrant, I want it to be one that I'd be okay with being here in the US.
>>
>>17893050
> Sham Marriage

This hugely depends on whoever will be the judge of that. Sometimes the immigration officer or whatever are very very liberal when it comes to what they consider a genuine relationship/marriage and others are very strict and will outright turn down any prove that is not pictures etc.

Also have fun answering to them what brand of tooth paste your GF uses.

Also again: you do not want to work jobs as an illegal. Please for the love of God trust me on that one.
>>
>>17893053
Okay, its just that there are some Americans out there who do believe that being white, European and/or Christian gives you any access to immigration paths that are not open to others.

Sorry if my comment came out as rude.
>>
>>17893058
Do you know of any other examples of questions the immigration officer would ask?
Also do you know how costly a fiancé visa is?

Also in regards to illegal work: In what way? is it the little pay? or the physical labour? or something else because i am used to both of these things
>>
>>17893062
>Sorry if my comment came out as rude.

Meh, no problem...

OP, I did a quick look at the Fiance visa requirements and one thing jumped out at me - have you two ever met in person or has this been entirely a long-distance Skype type of relationship?

There's a requirement that you to have been face to face within the last two years.
>>
>>17893082
Ah, see there's the thing, we haven't.
But it could be arranged, Im planning on booking a flight in January, maybe for a month, then would living with her for that length of time work in our favour in the future?
>>
>>17893074
>Do you know of any other examples of questions the immigration officer would ask?

If you dig around the internet a bit you should be able to find some.
Though in practice it is often up to the officers fantasy and mood. As I said above it all depends on if he or she wants you in or not.

K1 Visa will cost you roughly 1.5-2k

I don't want to talk down the experiences you may have made working so far in your life. However working as an illegal in the US isn't compareable to working any job legally in the west - even when it involves physical labor.

First of all your boss will be a criminal. He will try to cheat you out of money as often as possible, overwork you - because he is will aware of the fact that you can't do shit about it. You don't have any of the workers protection that make physical labor usually at least bearable (things you may not even be aware of).
Theres a reason virtually no westerners go through this route and stick with it.
>>
>>17893094
>Im planning on booking a flight in January, maybe for a month, then would living with her for that length of time work in our favour in the future?

Oh, heck yeah. Take lots of videos of you two doing couple stuff together and one of you in front of all her friends where you give a big sappy speech about how the love has been grown between you while you've been separated by the ocean and how finally being together is the bestest thing ever. Then you pull out a ring and ask her to marry you and make you the happiest guy ever.

If you're lucky, you'll get some sappy sentimental person for the immigration interview who will go 'awwww' and stamp your paperwork in.

Here's some relevant info:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html#10

Fees

Fees are charged for the following services:

Filing an Alien Fiancé(e) Petition, Form I-129F
Nonimmigrant visa application processing fee, Form DS-160 (required for each K visa applicant)
Medical examination (required for each K visa applicant; costs vary from post to post)
Other costs may include translation and photocopying charges, fees for getting the documents required for the visa application (such as passport, police certificates, birth certificates, etc.), and travel expenses to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for an interview. Costs vary from country to country and case to case.
Filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status
>>
>>17893101
I will have a look around in regards to the questions, and as for the K1 Visa we are talking USD right?

And i didnt think of the nature of my employer, you are probably right that it isnt the best course of action, but this is only in the event that i have no other way to stay in the US, and to be honest, its worth it for her.

>>17893125
Thats what i was thinking, take a bunch of videos of us going to famous landmarks, send her some stuff with UK postage marks, thank you so much for your help, I now realise this is not something I can make happen in a few months, and your information has given me so much to help with my planning.
>>
>>17893152
Yeah USD

Also finding a job as an illegal is not as simple as deciding to do so. It will still take effort and time - and heck in some places in the US you may not even find employment in that situation at all.
>>
Also make sure your Fiance does not die in a car crash two weeks before the scheduled marriage.

That won't only put an end to your love but also to all of your hopes of naturalization and you will end up on adv threads giving younger fools in your same situation advice like I did.
You don't want that
>>
>>17893163
Please for the love of god do not be true.
>>
>>17893152
>thank you so much for your help, I now realise this is not something I can make happen in a few months, and your information has given me so much to help with my planning.

Glad to help - best of luck to you and your GF!
>>
>>17893172
Sounds depressing but completely true.

was basically ready to off myself over here in Germany, decide to say fuck it and travel over to the US, overstayed my visa.
Had roughly 10k in savings so that helped with keeping me afloat aside from shaky jobs here and there.
Worked as an illegal for roughly three and a half years, eventually met a girl I wanted to marry. Things were looking up until the accident happened. Returned to Germany afterwards (banned from entering the US for ten years) too much of a pussy to kill myself still.
Also have a broken back which isn't that amazing.
>>
>>17892952
It is almost impossivle to immigrate to the USA as an English speaking European anon, for some reason the USA isn't very kind to our Anglo neighbors. Aussies have that problem a lot in Southern California too.

The American economy at this point is really only interested in people who have the ability to speak Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic etc. because those are our biggest business partners.

You'd do better getting a marriage license and marrying here, but even then the government isn't going to shake your hand and look the other way, you have to provide a huge amount of proof that your marriage is legitimate and you have a relationship with this person.

Wish I had better advice, anon :(
>>
>>17892971
Just suck it up and go to university in the UK or EU (outside the UK it will be cheap as fuck or free).

Have you even met your "girlfriend"? It's not worth it.
>>
>>17893307
The impossibility of moving to the United States legally has nothing to do with being an English speaker or European.
It is this way for everybody - and unless you are a third world guy or gal seeking asylum it does not get easier because of race.

>>17893875
>Just suck it up and go to university in the UK or EU

Wont help him immigrating if he is not going to get into a super in demand STEM field.
>>
>>17892952
Or maybe you could stop trying to steal our jobs and women, and just find a british gf ?
>>
>>17894130
Seems like your women are craving the BIG BRITISH COCK though.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.