[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do all trades want licensed journeymen and never want apprentices?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: rgmaxresdefault-900x473.jpg (102KB, 900x473px) Image search: [Google]
rgmaxresdefault-900x473.jpg
102KB, 900x473px
Why do all trades want licensed journeymen and never want apprentices?
>>
Bc and apprentice is still learning why would they pat someone who doesn't know what they're doing and is a potential liability
>>
>>17892927
Because in order to get someone out of a system you have to put something in it. You will eventually run out of tradesmen with that logic.

Besides isn't there bullshit work that you can't really fuck up that you could give an apprentice till they prove themselves?
>>
>>17892938
Every company would rather a different company take the risk on an apprentice I'm not saying its a perfect system but facts are facts
>>
>>17892925
because apprentices learn what they need and then leave for a better job somewhere else

so all that time & money is wasted
>>
> tfw live in the country with the greatest apprenticeship system in the world

I mean we might get cucked by Ahmed, but our tradesmen are on point.
>>
>>17892925
>Why do all trades want licensed journeymen and never want apprentices?
Imagine this
>spent years working at a job honing skills through practise, failure, blood, sweat and tears
>take on an apprentice
>some dipshit who is lazy, work shy and doesn't want to get his hands dirty
>dipshit is hired at a lower rate
>dipshit doesn't want to pull their weight
>dipshit doens't want to learn
>dipshit doesn't want to muck in
>dipshit reads articles online and insists he can do it/can do it better
>dipshit costs you/the company money, learning slowly
>by the time they are starting to know their arse from their elbow, they find a job elsewhere using what technical wording they know to blag the interview
Apprenticeships for trades are usually a waste of time unless you have a way of ensuring you have those with some aptitude for the job.

>>17892972
Germany?
Because you certainly aren't talking about the UK.
>>
>>17892978
>Germany?

Y E S

and really, I'm not saying that we are perfect overall. But as far as job training goes we do very well I feel like.
>>
>>17892978
So basically don't go for trade jobs because your gonna find yourself fucked over and unable to complete your training because no one will want an apprentice
>>
Canadian here. In my experience most firms want to keep costs down and maintain crews of tards and a few journeyman.
>>
>>17893001
>So basically don't go for trade jobs because your gonna find yourself fucked over and unable to complete your training because no one will want an apprentice
Looks like you missed the bit where I said
>>17892978
>Apprenticeships for trades are usually a waste of time unless you have a way of ensuring you have those with some aptitude for the job.

Some places will take on apprentices who go on to do well, but they would rather take on someone they know who wants to do it.
The issue with a lot of apprenticeships is that the recruitment process involves a college (or that's how we do it in the UK) to ensure you finish with a qualification, the tutors aren't really screening who goes forward, and some may recommend some based on their aptitude on the written subject rather than the practical application, meaning the recommendations are almost always book smart kids who are afraid of scratching a finger if they use a screwdriver but wants a secure income, rather than someone who wants to do it as a job.
>>
>>17893006
I'm in Canada looking for industrial electrical and have found only 2 jobs looking for a level 0 apprentice.
>>
>>17893078
What part of Canada?
>>
>>17893086
Southern Ontario
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.