[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you stop wanting attention when you never got any? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1559.jpg (25KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1559.jpg
25KB, 245x206px
How do you stop wanting attention when you never got any?

I'm fucking 23 and contemplating dying my hair pink again and this shit needs to stop.
>>
>>17892740
>make yourself a new gender
>get a gender studies degree
>make shitty vlogs
>make a Patreon
>go to war against the trolls
>post inane shit on twitter

Shit man, I could just go on.
>>
by adressing your selfesteem issues instead.

you're already aware that you do what you do for attention and not to fight social prejustice

all might not be lost yet
>>
>>17892745
This. Then justify your new gender to some big name school. Make them create a 6 figure salary job for you, and never do any real work for the rest of your life
>>
>>17892745
I actually AM getting a sex change, and I fucking hate what the LGBT community has become. I hate being associated with the obese tumblrite nonbinary clowns and their pathetic little cool kids club. I'm always relieved when I encounter people who have never heard of them and I get to start explaining what being transgender is from a clean slate, instead of first having to sit them down and explain I'm not One Of Those People.

I mean, I'd be happy to not be transgender at all but that's REALLY not how it works.

>>17892753
I hate my sister for being an SJW perpetual victim NEET who'd live in mom's basement if mom had one, but I know I'm really not any less stunted than she is, I just rely more on alcohol and 4chan than junk food and tumblr and it might have gotten me some property damage and unpleasant encounters with straight men but let's face it I'm the one who got lucky.

How DO you develop self-esteem when you objectively speaking aren't worth shit as a person?

>>17892759
They don't actually just pay you money for being trans, and I don't know anyone nonbinary above the poverty line because they refuse to have their actual mental problems properly addressed so that they could get a real job.
>>
>>17892803
Wait so you're a special snowflake but you hate all the other, more snowflakes so you can't even go to their hugbox either?

This is too fucking rich.

You don't deserve love or respect like people do.
>>
>>17892803
Self-esteem is only developed in the process of interacting with other people ... Why do you think you're not worth shit as a person ?
>>
>>17892954
You read that entire ramble and didn't pick up a first clue?

It's probably up to a coin toss whether I'm trans purely out of some suppressed conclusion than it's safer to fear and hate OTHER men than to merely hate men. Some sort of a fucked-up can't-beat-em-join-em sort of thing. I'll still rather die than have some shrink undo the whole bobbin, though. I'd rather not have my materials be rebuild to some different person.
>>
>>17892803
Anon. Changing your physical appearance won't cure the mental issues you have. There are proper medications that will cure your mental state. Find them and get some proper help. You hate the LGBT community because you know it's been going in the wrong direction for some time now. You know they don't want to help you because once you've solved your problem they have less reasons to be relevant. Fight to cure yourself, don't fall for the cancer that is "I'm a permanent victim" bullshit
>>
>>17892970
Dude, there is no corrective therapy that has any success rate, if you don't count the suicides as "success". Such treatments are also very much illegal in my country and I'd rather not spend daddy's inheritance for travelling all the way to America just to get electrocuted by Trump voters until my brain is too fried-up to have any concept of self, not to speak of gender.

The damage is done, wheter it was prenatal or some childhood trauma. I am an adult with a developed brain, and who I am is a seamless composite that can't be taken apart. To make me stop being trans, you'd literally have to undo me as a person.

If it was at all possible in any medical sense, they would call it murder.

Which, however, is irrelevant, because your mama lied to you when she said it's what's on the inside that counts. That's just what people say to ugly children.

Nobody, ever, will truly know what you are like, really really really deep down. Nobody will even try. Because nobody cares.

And who said anything of me playing the victim? In any case shouldn't we all be regarding this me seeking a way to STOP being a victim.

It's safer to hate other men than it is to hate men, and if there's anything in the world that's nicer than being a white man, it's beyond my reach.
>>
>>17892964
It would seem so. However having read it again, I must say I agree with >>17892803. Not that I in any way can compete with you in terms of the problems severity, but a few years ago I found out how the action end of a Walther PP tastes as I was really down. In the end I decided not to pull the trigger and another incident made me seek out help, which I can only recommend. Things like this is, in most cases, nothing you, your friends/family is capable of helping out with. You need a professional
>>
>>17893008
The professional who's working to oversee my transition is the best that they could get for me, and he is a rambling idiot who isn't really fluent enough in my first language to actually listen to me.

And like I said, it is an inherent part of me, and you can't undo it without undoing me as a person. You can't make a labrador stop being a dog, and have it still be a labrador.

I'd be glad to not be trans if not being trans meant getting to be an ordinary man. But I will fight you to death with my bare fists and lose rather than ever be a woman.
>>
>>17893027
You can dye a pony black and call it a labrador all you want, you're still fucked in the head.
>>
>>17892740
Get swole for people miring on the streets
Go into a rewarding high profile job like firefighter or EMT
Get a gf/bf to give you attention
Have kids for dat 24/7 can't live without you attention.
Dying your hair and becoming a tranny is nice and all for attention for about 15 minutes then you'll find something else to do for attention. Here you can actually make change and get major recognition both professionally and from the community for helping people in need.
>>
>>17893097
I'm still in line for receiving testosterone treatments, I'm physically incapable of getting swole by anyone's standards yet. I'll start hitting the gym once I get to that point.

I have a decent record of mental illness and I'm neither strong, smart or otherwise capable. What high profile job can you do when you can't reach high, do heavy lifting, do math, learn a language and will burst to tears under high pressure?

I can't tolerate sex and couldn't even FIND someone who'd settle for me, not to speak of someone that I would settle for, and I am about to be sterilised as a legally required part of my transition.

What high profile jobs can you do that aren't mentally or physically straining and won't spit at a mild criminal record?
>>
>>17893120
You going ftm? Firefighting can be a bit tough physical since they'll have you move 175 dummy around (sounds hard but it's not too bad with right technique) and haul hoses. EMT work is mainly medical so lifting is not a high priority but it helps when moving a body and equipment. They do have you take physiological tests which is mainly just reaction to situations like You see a woman beating on a child. I only know standards for america but knowing euros the standards would be somewhat more lenient. Just be a go getter on the stuff type A attitude and what not and you'll make it. I'd advise against the sex change for this and in general as it makes life harder for the person and almost always ends with suicide or a change back.
>>
>>17893178
The thing is, transitioning isn't some kind of a light change you do for fun. The question isn't "should I transition?" as much as it is "can I endure NOT transitioning?"

I mean, sure, I could probably live as a woman, but it wouldn't be a life worth living. I'd have to get a husband to support me, and spend all my waking moments too drunk and full of drugs to remember the names of my children, and I'd still beat them in my frustration. I have better use for my time and energy than to focus all of it into tolerating female life.

Don't EMT's have to go through some kind of medical training? I'm too stupid to study medicine.
>>
>>17892940
Holy shit you're fucking stupid
>>
>>17893027
>>>17893008 (You)
>The professional who's working to oversee my transition is the best that they could get for me, and he is a rambling idiot who isn't really fluent enough in my first language to actually listen to me.

Sounds like a bad deal overall .. abandon.

>And like I said, it is an inherent part of me, and you can't undo it without undoing me as a person. You can't make a labrador stop being a dog, and have it still be a labrador.

Right ...

>I'd be glad to not be trans if not being trans meant getting to be an ordinary man. But I will fight you to death with my bare fists and lose rather than ever be a woman.

OK, I admit .. I don't follow
>>
>>17893215
How observant of you.
>>
>>17893246
I'm female-to-male transgender. When I think "what if I wasn't trans?" and I start thinking what life would be like as a normal cis man.

Then I remember that no, not being trans would mean being a WOMAN, and realise that I would literally rather die than go down that route, now that I know there is another way.

It's like that story about a seasick squid who thinks being sick is just what being alive is like, until he climbs on the shore and realises that he doesn't feel sick anymore, and doesn't want to go back.

Trying to love as a woman was painful, unhappy, and a constant drag of a chore to put up a performance of trying to be something worthwhile and presentable and hating every minute of it.

I was so ANGRY and frustrated with people who tried to help me with the stupid chores, choosing clothes and doing my hair and trying to put on all the frills and dressings of being a woman. People would ask me, "what would you like" but it was unacceptable to answer "I don't want any of this and I hate being here so it's all the same to me. YOU choose."

And one day I just realised that I literally don't have to. I can just give up on trying to be a woman. I can just shave my head and have my breasts cut off and never have to try to guess how people would want my hair or breasts to look. I can change the name that I never liked and change the little letter on my passport so people never expect me to wear heels again.

Being trans isn't about putting on a show. It's about giving up on one.
>>
>>17893211
Your encountering what the female empowerment movement of the past couple decades are about. you can focus on job and career and be successful there without being reliant on a husband. Back to the emergency technician, Do they study medicine? Not like a doctor kind of study, they specialize in emergency medicine to stabilize and then bring them to the hospital in an ambulance for actual treatment which the ER takes over. Your trained to do way more than a firefighter can medically. It's not an easy job but it's not a hard one either and the pay is pretty decent. Just saying from my experiences with people who've transitioned. It definitely makes you feel better short term but long term it turns into a mess. I don't know of a single person whose transitioned thats stayed that way for longer than 5 years who isn't a hermit, depressed and or shows sign of suicidal tendencies and Im in the lgbtq capital of the Northwest.
>>
>>17893263
What would you do if you transitioned fully, believably into a man, and discovered that the grass isn't greener on the other side? That you still feel the same way, that you still have to put on a different kind of "show" in order to go out in the world and be a man?

I've got nothing against trans, but when you explain your reasoning like this, I feel like you might be ascribing certain pains & problems to "womanhood" that are actually just the pains & problems of being a human.
>>
>>17893263
So you want to be in a male type body - that's fine. I have nothing against transgender or any other type of non-mainstream persons. Just be aware that being male doesn't equal all problems solved ..
>>
>>17893333
How many trans people do you know, and do they have everything else going on for them? Do they have a loving, supportive family, money problems, substance abuse, underlying trauma, good and bad in their lives that's unrelated to being trans?

Also, are they female-to-male or male-to-female?

As far as I've understood, the curve goes the other way around, that transitioning itself can be stressful but you feel better in the end than you did before. Testosterone is a natural antidepressant, and I honestly cannot think of a single reason why I would regret getting rid of my breasts.

>>17893342
Well, I do like men's clothes and feel comfortable wearing them. If I transitioned and somehow jeans and sweaters suddenly magically became awful restraining cages to me, then I suppose I'd start wearing dresses.

Or monk's robes or some shit.

Though I honestly can't imagine personally ever feeling belittled or degraded by someone calling me "sir" and meaning it.
>>
>>17893394
Well, it does, on the condition that not being male is the SOURCE of all your problems, which it roughly is.

It could be that I am indeed inherently merely too stupid to become an electrician or an ambulance driver or to learn dutch, but for as long as I don't know just HOW MUCH emotional energy I waste on dysphoria, there's no saying. It's like trying to learn how to juggle when you're already holding something on one hand. I'd say that most of my problems.

Except that my sister keeps talking to me when I'm trying to read. That is one problem that transitioning is not going to fix.
>>
>>17893423
Well .. best of luck going forward OP. Hope it all pans out
>>
>>17893543
I still HAVE the original problem, though.
>>
>>17892740
Then don't dye your hair pink, stupid ass.
>>
File: 1472513795791.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1472513795791.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
Sounds to me like you need to dig deep and solve your gender problem before you try to do anything else. I wish you the best and may the sun still shine upon you.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.