[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad of a life choice is remaining single...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 123445ffff.jpg (63KB, 421x600px) Image search: [Google]
123445ffff.jpg
63KB, 421x600px
How bad of a life choice is remaining single because you don't want to be with someone you are not attracted to ?
Serious question, I'm just too much ugly and I really don't think I could love someone I'm not attracted to at all that way and I don't want to live a lie all my life. (And sex, kissing and all romance would really be awful to fake)
I'm repulsed by the whole idea to the point dying a virgin don't bother me at all.
But I'm not sure how life long celibacy can be played out at all in life ? like how to manage to keep good relationships with coworkers and family (I'm very close to my parents) ? being always single late in life is probably likely to be seen as weird and since I'm not attractive at all I feel like people could be angry at me because it mean I have "too high standards", especially when it's true after a fashion.
Same with friends even If I never had a lot and I have none now but maybe I could make new ones in the future even if it look rather unlikely from my perspective.
I'm also rather scared by the fact older single people tend to be very lonely, especially when they begin to be middle-aged, have less friends and opportunities to get more people in their life outside marriage and family, are centered around theit family live, their parents die...ect...
Any thoughts about it ?
What can I do about the problems caused by this lifestyle ?
Is there anything you think I should know ? any advices ?
Thanks
PS : You are obviously not forced to have any sympathy for me, but I'm not interrested to read anything about how I just need to be shallow so I could magically stop to need sexual attraction to have a romantic relationship or how I'm a hypocrite despite not feeling entitled to someone I'm attracted to or having chosen how I look like, thanks.
>>
>>17892500
*need to STOP being shallow
>>
>>17892500
honestly just date a girl with a really fucked up nose or something and get over it.
>>
>>17892511
Thanks for the advice but people with a flaw that prevent them to be in the same league than average people are still quite above really ugly people, and a relationship with someone who is only with me because she has a flaw she can't fix and otherwise would not go for me is probably still going to be incredibly shitty even if all the physical things could be more pleasant for me.
I know I'm probably rejecting all realistic types of relationship in my case with my dislike of anything unsincere but yeah...
>>
>>17892500
>Any thoughts about it ?
If you are not attracted to some one, then you are not attracted to him/her. There is no need to fake it or "lower your standards". Don't do it if you don't like it. I suggest not to think sexually about anyone of the opposite sex. It gives room to more """"natural""" behaviour and it stops you from making yourself stressed or anxious. This can only be trained by experience. You are never going to think yourself out of a behavioural pattern.
You seem quite young (~21?) I believe that when you grow older, levels of anxiety are reduced, because of experience in life. You should try to get the best out of yourself. Note that "best" is a subjective term that only you, yourself, can give meaning to.

Most people that hit their 30s will invest their time in work and family. Contact with friends is greatly reduced, because of this lifestyle change. This way of life is good for many people.
My main point of critique is that people lose touch with their friends. Friends will not give you salvation, but it is one of the most important thing in life, because there is no clear interest or reason for why they hang out. Unlike work (money) or family (responsibility, nurturing).

Many people end up lonely especially the elderly, (which is inevitable). Though I believe that some of the loneliness among ~40yr olds is caused by the fact that they spend all their time at family and work and something is missing. These things don't (or no longer) give full gratification. There are many ways to solve this. I think it could be prevented if they where more conscious about their choices earlier in life, because they ended up in an unhappy situation.
>>
When you haven't had a relationship then you are going to regret it for sure, there are people in alot worse situations than you so stop pitying yourself, fix your looks, get a haircut, work out and stop whining you fuck
>>
Send us a pic of how you look OP
i'm pretty sure you're fine and you're just being an insecure faggot
>>
>>17892637
On 4chan ? sorry but no.
>>
half the men out there are ugly. There is literally a reason people call women the beautiful sex. Of course at puberty, since everyone is pretty much equal, females lurk for the hotter guys. But there are exceptions( And I dont mean ugly girls).
The older we get things change. Education,Money, Style, Humour, all things that women take into consideration.
Don't be so desperate.
>>
>>17892746
Are you sure you are not thinking so because you are not attracted to men ?
I'm not sure most women feel the same way.
>>
No opinions ?
>>
>>17892681
Do it in /soc/ and link it here
>>
With my girlfriend i didn't see her as anything more than a f^ck but with time, a lot of bonding and sex I slowly saw another side which I didn't think i would see. In my experiences there is a difference between the people who i think i'll love and the people I do end up loving, relationships that have more than just a basic "she looks really pretty" attitude will last longer. someone you get along well with its definitely the key, as the longer you get to know each other the more beautiful your partner will seem.

p.s don't forget you were born alone and will die alone so just make the most of your shitty existence in between.
>>
>>17892500
Don't choose to remain single. It sucks (for most people, eventually), and you'll probably regret it later (the older you become, the harder it'll be to undo that choice and "catch up").
That said, you can't force love either of course. If you never fall in love, you'll remain single (by accident, instead of by choice).
Don't rule out love. Maybe you will meet an attractive woman that's up to your standards, and who loves you despite your (supposed) ugliness. Maybe you'll surprise yourself by falling in love with a woman that's not (outwardly) pretty.
Also, remember that love is not always (or even most of the time) sometimes that happens "at first sight". Sometimes, it happens between people who've known each-other for years. And even in those cases it doesn't have to be a sudden thing (like a flash of attraction triggered by circumstances), it can just be a slow growing closer over a long period without even consciously realizing it at first.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.