[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is it to have a highschool diploma in order to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: moshidora0001.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
moshidora0001.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
How important is it to have a highschool diploma in order to get a job in the US? Shit-tier jobs like McDonals or gaymestop included.

Alternatively, do I need to re-validate a foreign diploma for it to be usable in there or is any you already have good enough?
>>
Any you have should be good enough. As far as I know shitty jobs in fast food don't exactly check up on that shit as long as the interview goes well.

Generally you should have at least a GED tho but for what it's worth my dad never graduated and doesn't have a GED and has almost always worked. Manual labor, but work.
>>
You can have your diploma translated and registered and it will be valid for all needs and purpouses. How do you think foreigners get accepted in American universities?
>>
>>17892429
All you really need is a note in your resume or application, like

Diplomate, Paris Gymnasium (equivalent to US high School diploma)
>>
>>17892429
I didn't graduate high school and just lie with my job interviews. Nobody checks on that unless it's a job that requires a degree.
>>
>>17892678
I dropped out during the last year and desu can't economically afford to finish now.

Have you ever gotten in trouble for lying? What kind of jobs have you done?
>>
>>17893076
You can pass the GED, don't even have to study that much should be easy
Maybe brush up on math but that's it
>>
File: image.png (306KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
306KB, 750x1334px
>>17893121
The gov pays it for you so that you can pay more taxes with the extra money you'll make in the future

You can take it pretty much whenever
>>
>>17892429
People in the US generally understand that a highschool diploma is a total fucking joke so any foreign equivalent should be comparable, unless you're from like, Africa or something.

Not having one only keeps you from getting jobs because it indicates that you either quit high school to sell drugs or are literally a low-functioning retard.
>>
File: icecreameveryday.jpg (13KB, 244x235px) Image search: [Google]
icecreameveryday.jpg
13KB, 244x235px
>>17893130
From what I read on the interwebs, it is a regular test that you must take in person, and you only get 2 years to complete all 4 of them.

Also in the state where I would be staying it's not free :^( Guess I'll keep it in mind anyway, maybe I'll move somewhere else, or maybe I'll be able to put down the cash at some point, tho I would definitely need to find a job without the certificate first.

>>17893131
Well, yeah, that's always been what I've tough, the only reasonable explanation as to why you'd need a high-school diploma at all is to prove you have the will to exists in the first place or something. Tho honestly that phase is a very intense patience test.
>>
>>17893131
Pretty much this.

I used to hire people at one of these shit jobs OP is talking about. I'd take in applications, do interviews, then decide whether or not to hire them. If you didn't graduate then literally into the trash it went. Sad thing is some of those people probably would have been good workers for a shit job but on face value they just looked like some complete idiot who couldn't even just show up to school, because frankly that's all you need to do graduate from most schools.

>>17892678
>>17893076
Honestly, you could do this. I wouldn't have checked and neither would the background check we implemented.

Where I work now though that shit wouldn't fly. In fact, I had just graduated college and they forgot to process my diploma so when the company I applied for was doing my background check it didn't show up I had graduated. HR called me and I had to call the school and get it all cleared up. Someone literally forgot to click a button to finish processing my diploma electronically.
>>
>>17893214
Showing up to school can sometimes be harder than any of the actual tests or projects they have you do. Especially with shit-tier classmates that make you feel like you have to watch your back as if you were on a prison the whole day.

I only studied in a US highschool for a few months, people were a lot nicer, some of them anyway. But the school was so big that I was unable to find my way around. The map the gave me was out of date, which turned into me getting into the wrong classes almost every day. That was fun.
>>
>>17893076
Oh shit I never saw you replied...
Nope, never gotten in trouble. Worked in retail, and three medical offices as front office manager- unless you need a degree or cert to do your work, they won't check and don't care.
>>
the real trouble is that most "entry"-level jobs list 2-3 years experience as a requirement. Have fun with that conundrum.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.