[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad are imbalanced relationships?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 300x300.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
Something I've been wondering about a lot recently sInce got back onto dating scene following the end of a previous relationship:

Basically it just seems like every girl I like is in some way so different from me that a relationship couldn't possibly work - e.g. Last week a girl who's easily a 9/10 (I consider myself a 5 or thereabouts) confessed that she liked me [so there's complete inequality in looks], whilst at the same time I know that she struggles to keep afloat economically whilst I am fairly enormously wealthy (she doesn't know about the fact I'm well off so it isn't a gold digging scenario) [another imbalance], and finally, although she is far above average intelligence - I am abnormally bright to the point where on every conceivable topic I have more knowledge than she does [yet another part of the relationship which would be unequal]

This seems to happen very often with me, and I worry that the ensuing relationship would consist entirely of resentment for one another; I've had previous gfs who have eventually hated me for wealth and intelligence, and I them for their looks.

How much of a problem is this likely to be and should I keep lookin for someone more similar to me?
>>
>>17892340
sorry, you're too smart to be happy.
>>
>>17892344
Girls always think it's cool, the first few times they ask a question that's difficult or obscure and I answer - they're always impressed when I make life easier by working something out, but when it comes to arguments I can't help myself and I kill the relationship...
>>
I'm more introverted than my girlfriend and we also live about 40 miles apart. It's really fucking difficult and she just went ballistic on me tonight for no reason. I only have time to see her about once a week for the past month and she's losing her shit.
>>
>>17892394
I find that a major turn-on. Even when arguing with my bf feels like being hit by a bus of intelectual superiority.
I'm not even joking, this is real. I hate it when I'm the smartest one, and it's really hard to find a guy who is brighter, speaks more languages, visited more countries or is better-read than me. My current fits all that, I'm never letting go.

Just saying, if she likes these qualities about you, and you like her the way she is, there's no reason why this should be a problem. Unless you resent her for not being able to keep up with you.
>>
>>17892402
I've never redented a partner for not keeping up, if anything I find explaining things incredibly rewarding - I just fear that it will be a repeat of past experiences, seeing as my last break up was pretty nasty for both parties...
>>
>>17892481
You have to keep trying to know. These aren't things people feel on purpose, and they take a while. The best thing you can do is ensure you communicate openly and well all times. So if she starts feeling anything negative she'll be able to talk about it with you right when it starts.
It only turns nasty if it's something they keep holding inside.
>>
i wouldn't care about the looks or the money. but the imbalance in intelligence might bear problems. looks fade. money CAN be a source of arguments, but it doesn't have to be. but not being able to have stimulation conversations with your partner will lead to resentment, boredom and disgust
>>
>>17892394
I don't think many people would have a problem with you knowing more, having better arguments in a discussion, ...
Maybe the problem lies (at least partly) in how you communicate? For example coming across as arrogant, condescending, egotistical, pedantic, ...
Or maybe you sometimes care too much about "winning" the discussion and trying to make the other person acknowledge that? Sure, if you have to take a really important decision together, you need to discuss every little aspect until a consensus is found. But most of the time, you can just agree to disagree (and unless the situation demands it, you don't have to explicitly mention that either)?
Obviously I don't know you very well, so these things might not apply to you at all, and they're certainly not intended to give offense.

PS: it might just be a matter of phrasing and/or translation, but (theoretical) knowledge does not always imply (practical) experience or wisdom. Even someone with less knowledge might be able to teach you a thing or two :)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.