[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conversation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: received_1488474371167568.jpg (42KB, 726x677px) Image search: [Google]
received_1488474371167568.jpg
42KB, 726x677px
So when I'm talking to a girl I notice that she would barely ask about me. Like I would say he what are you doing for christmas and she would say whatever it is then I'd expect her to as how about you but I just get silence. Am I stupid for expecting her to ask or should I just go ahead and just tell her my plans. This has happened a few times where I ask someone about what they are doing and get no follow up. I feel like they just don't give a shit about me enough to follow up anything. And if I try and follow up without them asking then I look like a dumb ass who can't take a hint. Idk if that thought process is true or not.
>>
>>17891944
>Am I stupid for expecting her to ask
Not at all.

If she doesn't ask, she's either not interested (yet) or socially retarded. By simply telling her your shit, especially if you can make it sound interesting enough and it's stuff that presents you in a good light, you can work around 2/3 of the cases. It's better to decide from case to case and trying to figure the reason first.
>>
>>17891953
So for example
>hey what are you doing this weekend
>blah blah blah
>Oh that's cool, my step brothers coming in from the army for 2 weeks
>response

If she doesn't respond after something like that I'd imagine I say fuck it and give up. Also to clear this up a little this isn't random girls. Mainly this happens at work when I'm working in the same room as some girls and it's 1v1. I don't want it to be dead quiet but they barley respond or follow up anything, they get very boring.
>>
>>17891975
>Oh that's cool, my step brothers coming in from the army for 2 weeks
To be fair, it's something that works better with people who really know you and your step brother well, or really care about the army. For anyone else for who you're "some guy from work" it's not too different from a status update on FB from a random person.

A more socially aware person could always try to find something to ask afterwards or find a new topic, specially if they are interested in talking but generally it's the type of information that doesn't offer much. So it'd be better to add a part that is somewhat relevant to the person you talk to.

>If she doesn't respond after something like that I'd imagine I say fuck it and give up.
Generally, yes. Although if you think she's too shy or social retarded to respond, you can always add more. As long she appears to be not completely disinterested.

When dealing with some cold chicks, I had to do a lot initial work to make them open up and it eventually worked but it's always quite a gamble, and specially in work environment it's better not to overdo it.
>>
>>17892007
How'd did you get them to open up? Continously pry at them?
>>
>>17891944
>Am I stupid for expecting her to ask

no !

you've got the basics of conversation, you talk, the other person talks etc

the next step....

if the other person doesnt talk, then its time to find somebody else who will
>>
>>17892791
but what happens when your stuck in a room with them on a 6 hour shift? Its mindless work so we can talk and cut. I've done it with others before. Its just certain people
>>
>>17892819

just focus on the work

how would you feel if somebody tried to keep talking to you at work ? you'd get damn tired of it quickly
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.