[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ADHD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 14_WOW-Sylvanas-Windrunner.jpg (145KB, 1600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
14_WOW-Sylvanas-Windrunner.jpg
145KB, 1600x1024px
So don't really know if this is the right thread for this. I have ADHD, I currently don't take or plan to take any medication because I am also a recovering drug addict. I only had an 8th grade education until 2010, i got clean, got my GED, and got an AAS degree in IT. I am out of options for getting a CS degree to learn programming and am trying to learn programming on my own. I was just wondering if anyone else has had similar struggles and how they cope with it and stay motivated to accomplish their goals.
>>
>>17891681
If you're only doing programming for the money, then it'll obviously be a lot harder. Regardless, if you're good enough, some places would still be willing to hire you without a degree. You should build a portfolio of your work.
>>
>>17891681
>I have ADHD
Stop blaming your lack of self-control on some imaginary ailment. Don't go into computer programming if you don't like it enough to do it without getting distracted by other shit.
>>
>>17891794
easily triggered retard spotted. try reading the post fully before spewing off like the invalid you are.
>>
LOL...umm yeah >>17891794
walk like 5min in my shoes, let's see how imaginary shit is for you. Anyhow...
>>17891762
Not in it for the money. Just always built computers, fixed them, played around with building websites, etc. but always just wanted to know more about what really makes them tick. I know I'm never looking at a 6 figure career income from it, just hoping I'm not the only one out there who struggles like me to stop being inside their own head long enough
to get something done.
>>17891810
>>
Do things by the segment

Like work 5 minutes, then take a 5 minutes break, then 5 minute work, and then 5 minute break, and so forth

ADHD doesn't mean you're retarded.
It just means you need to adjust your work strategies
You can shift gears fast, so use it
>>
>>17891871
Good advice, that's sort of how I got through college in the first place xD Where I messed up was not researching the program I was in until it was too late and I realized all I was doing was learning stuff I already knew. 65k later and I am only qualified for tech support....it's like getting a degree in customer service to work the counter at McDonald's.
>>
>>17891878
Tell me about
I fucked up my college years too

I'm joining the military now because they value anyone who has any sort of education
It was my backup plan incase my academic career failed
But here I go
>>
>>17891890
Unfortunately I'm too fat and old for that now lol.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.