[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need help analysing toxic room mate situation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Feels-bad-man.jpg (9KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
Feels-bad-man.jpg
9KB, 200x194px
hey guys i just got out of a room mate situation which made me very unhappy and i'd like some second opinions to help me pinpoint just what was at stake here.

i've frequently shared my house with others via couchsurfing and airbnb and these people have been generally courteous and not difficult to get on with. this person's presence made me constantly stressed.

some of the problems i experienced
- was initially helpful with the chores but contributed less as time went on
- constantly badgered me for time and attention, talking incessantly to me as i attended to other tasks
- needy "please take care of me" behavior
- couldn't figure out how to not be home when i was; i was starving for alone time; couldn't think thru my own, pressing problems with the constant interruptions.
- interpreted my frustration with the above as "being angry" and did not amend his behavior

i ended up getting in a car wreck during his stay which i chalk up to being unable to attend to the warning signs (i suspect previous alignment issues) as well as driving stressed. this has cost me a lot of money.

i feel very stupid about all of this and wonder how i managed to get myself in this situation. the thing is, i normally have decent boundaries and am appropriately assertive in my relationships. where did i go wrong? is my boarder a massive asshole is there something about myself that needs work too?
>>
look up confabulation. are you sure your recent stressful events were caused by this person, and not just the cause for getting rid of him?
>>
>>17891869
not sure at all. i don't think losing my privacy was helping.
>>
>>17891869
have felt nothing but relief since he moved out so it must be at least partially his fault.
>>
can't you just tell him to leave?
>>
>>17891887
this totally
>>
>>17891921
he was set to move out after a week and did so at the prearranged date
i didn't really see the point in kicking him out before then, maybe i should learn to stand up for myself better or something.
>>
>>17892857
i'm trying to figure out what happened within a week to drive me to the brink of a nervous breakdown. i'm thinking "obnoxious needy guy with mommy issues surreptitiously trying to make me her surrogate" but maybe there's more.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.