[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Years Party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1482721785940.jpg (68KB, 627x352px) Image search: [Google]
1482721785940.jpg
68KB, 627x352px
Sorry for a boring question on your Christmas night but I need help.

Basically a two part question:

I'm hosting a party at my house (or more specifically my parents house, I'm still in college). I obviously want to keep it as nice as possible, for obvious reasons.

I haven't hosted a party before but here's my precautions
>Telling everyone who's drinking they must stay the night
>Locking my parents bedroom
>Taking down all paintings that are hung up so nobody bumps into them
>Buying many cleaning products beforehand for spills/cleanup the morning after

Any other precautions I can take or things I'm overlooking?

Part two is: what should I do to make it a great party (new years eve)
>Jello shots/Champagne
>Beer pong
>Music
>Cards for drinking games
>Possibly Haircuts

Anything else I could do to make it fun?
>pic not related
>>
>>17891468
How are you going to force everybody to stay the night if they drink? That's a really dumb idea. Just let people do their own thing.
>>
>College student
Have at least 10 different types of alcohol, some sort of fruit punch, weed, good music and munchies. If the people coming have any sort of personality the party will makes itself great. You're just providing the backdrop so to speak.

I say yes to removing the paintings, but not all of them. Don't want dead walls

Like the other guy said, let people be chill. If they wan to leave let them leave. It sounds like you want to have a get-together not a party.
>>
>>17891512
Well 95% of the people going are under 21 so I am going to request that they stay the night, can't force them but if they're getting drunk I'd prefer they spend the night instead of driving.
>>17891570
Thanks for the tips. I think we're getting a keg and maybe some sangria, and like I said jello shots and champagne. I know people who smoke will bring their own so that's fine.
And I'll probably take down the expensive ones, leave some up.
>>
Here's a list of concerns you got covered:
>>Your house's integrity
>>Your parent's privacy.

Here's a list of concerns you are asking advice on:
>>Your guests having fun.

Here's a list of concerns you might not know even exist:
>>Guests being well fed.
>>Guests being comfortable at your place.
>>Your place being clean.
>>People not drinking too much.
>>Avoiding awkward situations.

If you really want your guests to have a good time, you have to be concerned about their concerns.

They are not in their house. They don't know where things are, or if they can have a smoke inside or if they can take a shower real quick or if they can use your bedroom to have sex.
They should always be able to ask you.
As a host you should be easy to find for any concerns. If someone asks you if they can have sex in your room and you think it's super awkward, act like it's the most normal thing in the world, but tell them it's a no-go in a friendly way. If they don't feel ashamed to ask you about things, then if the next question is if you have some anti allergenic lying around, they will feel comfortable asking you and maybe this time you can fulfill their requests.
Also after a couple of parties people's problems tend to repeat themselves so be prepared for these.
Health: Headaches, allergies, indigestion, menstrual pains. All of these are really common and have off the counter drugs. Have an up to date medikit and know what is in it. If someone asks you an allergenic, make sure you tell them the specific brand before you offer one.
Protip: Most people won't ask you for legal drugs because they are shy, or because they just didn't think of it. If someone tells you they have allergies > offer them some antiallergenic. If they sneeze > ask them if they are ok, and if it's allergies > offer them.

Girl Problems: Have a set of tampons, pads ibuprofen. Know the basics of it.

(continued)
>>
>>17891654
Keep your bathroom(s) clean: Have some cleaning products in clear display in your bathroom so self aware people can clean up. Regularly check in to the bathroom so you can clean up if someone was too pissed or uncaring to clean himself. Or just to flush the toilet or refill supplies.

Food: Regularly check whether there is food, water and alcohol available. Have these on public display, it's much better than having people access your fridge/pantries.

Sex: If you are comfortable with people having sex in your house, have condoms available, an assorted box is even better so people don't have to tell you they are allergic to latex to get some latex free condoms, watch out for potential couples and signal that you are comfortable with it, let them know where they can have some privacy. This is an advanced subject as there is a thin line between giving people access to your room, and insinuating that they have just arrived at an orgy or that you are looking for a threesome.
This CAN happen if you have a box of assorted condoms in display.
If you are not comfortable with people having sex in your house: If you have decently mannered people in your house, they will ask you if there is some place private. No need to sweat it or be paranoid about it.

Alcohol overdose: Try to know who is on what, or how much alcohol they drank. If they drank too much, and they keep trying to drink, hint at them that they are drinking too much (offer water), if they didn't take the hint, tell them they've had enough. If they insist, let them be and let them know where the puke bucket and try to pair them up with people who might get worried about them rather than foster more drinking.

Weed: If someone is couch stuck, offer them water. No need to offer food because they might not have been hungry before.

You probably get the idea. In general, be proactive, concerned and thoughtful.

Have a great party.
>>
>>17891468
>>Telling everyone who's drinking they must stay the night
This is weird. At the very least you should let people leave if they leave in cabs/ubers or with a designated driver.
>>
>>17891764
You forgot the most important, injuries.

It happens, glass bottles, drunk fucks.

Have guaze and big bandages available. Most wounds at a party can generally be taken care of by themselves, but without the proper bandages and treatment, those injuries can get bad

I cut myself on a broken bottle at a party and we were stuck with using paper towels and I ended up passing out because I couldn't stop bleeding. Woke up in an ambulance, kid had his whole party shut down.
>>
>>17891468
You also need Cards Against Humanity, and some decent food.
>>
>underage coming to a drinking party

OP. Imagine for sec youre chatting someonenup and suddenly someone runs up to you "SALLY JUST PASSED OUT AND ISNT BREATHING" now you have a minor passed out with potential alcohol poisoning or if they took drugs before/during your party and mixing with alcohol had an unforseen reactioin. What will you do? Is one party worth having all of that thrown onto you? Granted the chances of it happening are low but youre playing with fire giving minors your booze at your house.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.