[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I put more space between my boyfriend and I? He needs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3250.jpg (244KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3250.jpg
244KB, 640x425px
How do I put more space between my boyfriend and I? He needs more space, and while I need his attention 24/7. I message him on Facebook or steam or continue conversations for a while after he messages me when we're not together, and I inevitably want him to stop playing video games and spend time with me when we /are/ together. Should I break up with him to make it easier on him? I'm worried that it is inevitable and that he will grow to despise me. Or should I seek therapy and find a way to stop talking to him? How do I do it?
>>
Ok? I'm might be confused, as too many times I am. Did he say he needs more space? Why would u set yourself up for a broken heart by making it easy on him?
>>
first of all work on your self confidence, this is fucking sad.

you dont need a therapist or a break up (if there isnt anything else going on youre not telling us). you need a normal, non-passive-agressive conversation with him about this. dont do it at the christmas table. dont to it with "dont you love me anymore" kind of shit. just tell him excatly what you told us, you like spending time with him and would like to do it more.
no big deal, just a completely normal thing to tell your bf.
>>
>>17889777
I do tell him these things. He knows I need this much time, but he tells me he can't do that, because he needs alone time; he urges me to make friends and get hobbies other than him. I have plenty of conversations with him about this.
>>
Find other ways to entertain yourself. Don't rely on him to make you happy.

Go out, see your friends, try new things, get fit. It's hard at first, because you'll still be thinking about him and might feel bad about wanting to be with him more than the people you are currently with. However you will grow as a person by exploring new things and become so much more attractive. As a bonus you'll have something to talk about in the evening.
>>
>>17889782
Well I'm not sure if u understand that if u were in his position, how would u feel? Have true empathy rather than half heartedly being empathetic.
>>
>>17889782
Maybe you need to take his advice the same as you wish he would take yours.
Make more friends or make more plans with the friends you already have. If you two do break up, then you'll have to find people to spend your time with anyway.
My fiance and I have a schedule, he plays his games at night after I've gone to bed, while I'm cooking dinner or not home. It took 8 years to get to a point where we both have found a schedule that fits both of our needs and ensures he gets to have his time playing online with his friends.
If his friends or people he plays online with log on around the same time, work around it. It's going to take time to fall into place, but you both can surely come to a compromise where you don't feel deserted and he doesn't feel smothered.
Merry Christmas to you, OP. Just enjoy the holidays, don't dwell on this and let it ruin your Christmas like >>17889777 said.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.