[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get my life on track I want to make something of my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: load.jpg (167KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
load.jpg
167KB, 1200x800px
How do I get my life on track

I want to make something of my life but I don't know what and all I end up doing all day, every day is spending the time refreshing the same four or five websites. I have no direction or motivation.

I don't even have any particular practical skills, interests, or hobbies and I don't know where to pick these things up. I feel like I missed out on the crucial teen years that everyone else got to learn how to do adult things and figure out what they like to do. The few things I have gravitated towards in the past I've given up on because they required me to apply myself with no guarantee that I'd be any good at them. I live with my parents and I'm whiling my life away and it's taking a huge toll on my already abysmally low self-esteem.

I also recently got dumped by a guy I'd briefly been seeing who was way out of my league and way more accomplished than I (looking at his LinkedIn page just now made me tear up a bit), and while he never gave me a reason why (he ghosted), my mind keeps leaping to the assumption that he realized I was a loser and that he can do much better. And he can.

Basically all my shit's fucked up and I don't know how to go about turning things around and I don't really even know where I'd turn it if I could. I'm in a permanent state of ennui.
>>
Go walk into a drug lab with a shotgun and take as many out as you can before they get you

There, your life was valuable
>>
>>17888999
First things first what are some things you want?
Doesn't matter how small or how big what are some things you want to change? Some things you want to stop doing or to start doing?
>>
>>17888999
It's not that you don't have motivation, you just hate yourself too much to allow yourself to be motivated. Start with making some money. I work at a pizza place full time and uber part time and make 3k-3.5k/mo wandering around in depression and self hate and im actually doing pretty well money wise. I even have girls hit me up and im a spaz with fucking man boobs. Good things happen to people who are patient and just move forward. So take it from a guy making leaps to cure his own autism MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE FOR FUCKS SAKE. And get a therapist if need be. God speed OP
>>
>>17889023
It's not money that's my concern. I have a job, which I realize makes me a lot more fortunate than some others, but it's unfulfilling and literally anyone could do it.

I've actually had a few therapists but none of them could ever seem to help me in any meaningful way aside from one who helped me a bit with my social anxiety.
>>
>>17889021 #
I want to make something of my life, basically. Do something other than just work low-paying entry-level jobs. Be able to go back to college without fucking things up this time. Have a respectable LinkedIn profile. Find enriching hobbies. I don't know. I just know I've been spending the better part of my twenties dicking around on Reddit and 4chan and hating myself for it the whole time.
>>
>>17889627
That's all very vague
>>
>>17889700
Well. I mean. I don't really have any clue as to what I want to do other than feel fulfilled in some way. My ex was in biomedical engineering, and he'd interned at the NIH and he'd talk about all sorts of stuff he did there, and that seemed super intriguing? The idea of contributing to the sciences and medicine and working in a lab has always been something I've been interested in. But I have no idea if I'm cut out for that or whether I'd actually enjoy doing something like that long-term, and I don't know if I have it in me to go through all that schooling.
>>
>>17889772
>But I have no idea if I'm cut out for that or whether I'd actually enjoy doing something like that long-term, and I don't know if I have it in me to go through all that schooling.
Welcome to life! No one knows if they will like something, no one can see the future.
Would you like to stay where you are now or at least try to move forward? You will die anyway.
>>
Get another boyfriend, and this time aim for a long term relationship, because boyfriends are awesome and breakups suck. Every time I'm single I feel like that too.
Also most guys don't care about your accomplishments. They only care about your looks and the way you show affection.

Also, low-paying entry-level jobs have decent effort-to-salary ratios. You get paid for doing the easiest things. You don't need to think much and you don't need to make potentially dangerous decisions. I'd love to work at McDonalds.
>>
File: mediocre.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
mediocre.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>17890008
>>Also, low-paying entry-level jobs have decent effort-to-salary ratios. You get paid for doing the easiest things. You don't need to think much and you don't need to make potentially dangerous decisions. I'd love to work at McDonalds.
>>
>>17889905
True. But student debt scares me. Not quite as much as the thought that I'll wake up at 50 and realized I've still done nothing with my life, though.

>>17890008
>Also most guys don't care about your accomplishments. They only care about your looks and the way you show affection.

This seems...not right, from my experience. I suppose I should mention I'm a dude, though. Maybe the dynamics are different for gay men.

Re: effort-to-salary, very true. At my current job I don't really do much of anything. I feel like I could get most of my schoolwork done there if I actually had the discipline to do it ever.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.