[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: received_1487460551268950.jpg (8KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
received_1487460551268950.jpg
8KB, 240x200px
I want to start running on a treadmill or outside if it's decent out. I want to burn off my fat and get better endurance. Does anyone having some running tips? I seem to run for a decent length but literally always feel like throwing up and I cant catch my breath after.
>>
Couch to 5k. Look it up.

Basically start small. 20-30 minutes at a time 3 times a week. If you can't do 30, do 20, if you can't do 20 do 15 but just work your way up slowly. All exercises takes progression, whether it's weights or cardio, and it depends on your current physical condition how fast you progress. It's okay to start small though. It's actually better so you don't get discouraged.
>>
^
>>
>>17888972
Oh and the majority of weight management is done in the kitchen. Cardio doesn't really burn that many calories. You can lose a lot of water weight but actual calories burned isn't that much relative to how much work you put into it. Not saying running is bad but it's only like 1/4 of weight loss. The rest is your diet, and getting your diet under control is sometimes harder than exercising. Learning proper nutrition then following it requires a lot of studying and dedication.
>>
>>17888979
Yeah I'm about 200 pounds. I did the gym for a while but just weights so my endurance is meh
>>
>>17888982

^ No more McDoubles.
>>
>>17888982
Yeah I've been working on diet, but sometimes I have nothing at my house to cook and I get home from work late so I have to get something out.
>>
>>17888985
Easier said then done, it's hard to eat fast food and bad foods for years then just quit. My first step is portion control. Like if I do go out I get medium instead of large. I can't just quit cold turkey I'm not good enough in discipline to do that
>>
>>17888991
>>17888993
You need to set goals then, but make sure they're attainable goals. Then when you meet them make new ones.

Having goals should help motivate you to try harder. You need to really think why you want to reach those goals too. You want to live longer? Be in better shape and have more confidence? Try to attract girls? Just be stronger?

Then realize it's okay to fuck up a little but you should always be focused on staying on track. You're making a lifestyle change. It's nothing something that happens over a week or a month. Sometimes it takes a year, and even years in some cases. Point is to stay focused and keep thriving to meet your goals.
>>
>>17888993

>easier said than done

literally anything is easier said than done. its not an argument. even if you just say 'WELL ITS NOT THAT EASY' that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it anyways.

dont be a pussy. do something hard for once in your life, because saying 'ITSN OT THAT EASY' is how you became afat piece of shit in the first place.

>B-BUT I LACK DISCIPLINE

everyone has the exact same amount of discipline. there are no chemicals in the brain that factor in to how much discipline one has. the only way to get more is to simply stand by what you itnend to do. saying
>OH I PLAN TO GET A MEDIUM INSTEAD OF A LARGE

is the worst fucking plan ever. thats not portion control.

portion control is counting teh number of times you eat it on average per week/month, then reducing it by more than 50%. if you eat it once a week, boom you only eat it once a month, and ONLY when a friends going with you.

>tips for running

its literally running. the only tip i can give you is psychological. promise yourself you'll do it for at least one minute each day. cuz chances are if you;r'e outside and you ran for a minute, you'll keep going. and even if you don't, you at least ran a minute. thats how i started my exercises as well.

>BUT I CANT CATCH MY BREATH AFTER

you literally can/do. you just aren't used to having to catch your breath so you think its the end of the world

>i nearly throw up

don't complain til you actually throw up. keep water with you. and feel free to rest as much as needed.
>>
>>17888972
Good for you OP. I find music really helps, especially a beat that matches your pace ( Pro-Tip: Rammstein is excellent). 5 k's is good to get to and wont tale all that long- 4 months should do. The best way to loose weight with that exercise is cut out all sugar in your diet. God Speed OP.
>>
Related to your food problem, get a meal replacement shake that isn't super high calorie. I love Soylent, as it doesn't taste terrible and is pretty nutritionally sound. When you just need food and there isn't shit in the house, I grab one of their shakes and am fed.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.