[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christmas ruined

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: goob pepe.jpg (17KB, 364x350px) Image search: [Google]
goob pepe.jpg
17KB, 364x350px
hey guys, need some help. I was walking on the street with my mom on the way back from church and we were talking about the evening. I stupidly said shes ruining my Christmas but in a sarcastic tone because she said that all we are eating is fish for dinner tonight something i really wasn't in the mood for and basically i was acting ungrateful the whole walk home. The ruining my Christmas remark really got to her and she started to cry on the street while hitting me,hits didnt hurt ofc but seeing her cry almost made me as well. she went on a rant about how im a terrible son and that i hate her. so she demanded i leave her alone and after several attempts to reconcile with her i left and here i am. What would you guys do /ADV/? i feel like shit
>>
Someone reply pls
>>
>>17888456
What the fuck? So you jokingly said something and she started to cry and hit you and called you a terrible son? I mean if you seriously were acting ingrateful or whatever then i'd say she has some merrit to being upset, but if you were just fucking around and she wouldn't let you explain that fact then that's on her, not you.

I'd recomend you just give her some time to cool off and when she has calmed down you can apologize and explain to here that you weren't being serious when you said that. Don't think this is all your fault though, from the way you make it sound she's majorly overreacting if she thinks your a terrible son and all that. You both made some mistakes but now it seems to be up to her to hear you out.
>>
>>17888485
It was ment to sound like a joke but I guess I didn't play out that way
I feel bad because it's just me and my mom I'm basically her world and I crushed it from her perspective
>>
File: pizza.jpg (44KB, 466x550px) Image search: [Google]
pizza.jpg
44KB, 466x550px
>>17888456
>What would you guys do /ADV/?
go buy a beefs , and cook and eat it with her
who the fuck eats fish on deadjewmass?
>>
>>17888485
Thanks man
>>
>>17888501
It's a tradition I think
>>
>>17888456
Bring her cookies and say I love you mom
>>
>>17888524
Good suggestion , Dont think it will cut it though
>>
>>17888539
Get some chains or something and walk through the house. When she says "what's that?" say that it's the Ghost of Christmas Past
>>
>>17888499
You're fine just tell her you were being sarcastic when you see her again. I would be very surprised if that didn't fix the problem immediately.

Most relationship issues are caused by 1 thing. Miscommunication. She thought you were communicating that you were serious when you were not. So that was a miscommunication. Clearing up miscommunications solves a lot of relationship problems.

If she still acts butt hurt even though she knows you were completely 100% not serious I don't know what to tell you. She's being very illogical if she does that.
>>
>>17888548
Don't get it
>>
>>17888499
Well you can never know how people will react to the things you do or say, so I don't think there's too much you could've done to make it play out differently.

But yeah, good luck and I hope you both can settle this and not let it ruin the holiday.
>>
>>17888556
Going to give it a shot thanks my good man
>>
thank allah i have a normal non-drama mother that understands sarcasm
>>
File: wymyn logyk.jpg (131KB, 626x533px) Image search: [Google]
wymyn logyk.jpg
131KB, 626x533px
>>17888456
Women can't take bantz. That's why I never want a gf.
>>
File: maga.jpg (124KB, 3000x1626px) Image search: [Google]
maga.jpg
124KB, 3000x1626px
>>17888456
Sounds like your mother overreacted. She was looking for something to jump on so she could go on an emotional tirade against another man, likely based on pent up frustration against your father, her boss, other women, etc. That's the way some women are.

Call someone close to her and talk about how morose you're feeling and how you can't get through to her. Say that it was just a cynical joke and as a guy, you simply didn't understand you were being inconsiderate and you feel like she doesn't love her anymore because she beat you. Women only understand peer pressure as I've come to understand. Their whole stick is to be passive and acquiesce and expect the most loving attention for it. Some of them have anger issues and if they don't get it, they'll have an extreme emotional outburst to make you feel bad out of spite, this is especially common when their fathers failed to discipline them as a child and let them get away with everything.

Again, make her feel guilt. Make her feel shame for her behavior. All you said was that Xmas feels ruined because fish is yucky. It's alright to feel hurt by a joke, but to go on a tirade like she did is inexcusable and not acceptable. A parent should have some constraint before they react, mother or father. Almost makes me wish I voted for pic related just to spite some of these women who take their emotional issues out on their children, leaving them sad and alienated. And they wonder why young males are struggling...
>>
>>17888605
*feel like she doesn't love you because...
>>
>>17888605
now this is autism
>>
File: tumblr_nq607eIo0z1tewpj4o1_1280.jpg (401KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nq607eIo0z1tewpj4o1_1280.jpg
401KB, 960x1280px
>>17888613
How is that autism? That's the way some women are. Do you think that it's normal or alright that a mother should go on an emotional tirade and beat her grown son in public and refuse to listen to her son over a cynical joke, instead making him feel like shit by ranting, calling him a terrible son, beating him, refusing to listen and playing on his emotions by accusing him of hating her, when he obviously feels bad by desperately trying to console her? It's a cynical joke about fish on Xmas.
>>
>>17888635
the verbose way you type overlong posts, and the retarded plan (calling someone close and be "im a guy i dont understand"), and some bs arm chair psychology is telling me you are on the spectrum, stop posting it is making me uncomfortable
>>
>>17888613
If a mother does she did then its the boys faults, but if a father what she did, then he's an abusive parent. Think about that for a moment. Not normal.

We live in a culture where its permissible to treat your children like pets. If you child adores you like a lap dog then you love them, if the child is unpleasant then you shame it like a dog. This is not permissible and some parents need to realize that their children are not pets. They are human beings and they are not going to please you all the time. Love is a principle and not an emotion.
>>
Apologize to your mom and watch a comfy Christmas movie with her. Even if you don't feel you were in the wrong you made your mom cry on Christmas Eve and that is pretty fucked up.
>>
>>17888651
You tell me what he's supposed to do to change satisfy a mother that acts that way? Either he learns not to give a shit, he continues to beat himself up until she's satisfied, or he expresses his feelings to those close to her in a genuine way, telling them it was a cynical joke(which is the way men are), he didn't appreciate how he was being inconsiderate at the time(which is the way men are) and that you feel anxiety that she feel he doesn't love him(which he wouldn't be posting if he didn't feel such an anxiety as a child loving their parents).

If he can't get through to her, then someone else will have to and in order for her not to have such an inappropriate tirade again, then there must be pier pressure not to do it, because obviously she doesn't have the objective mind to love her child on principle, rather than as some sort of pet to loved when it pleases and to be hated when it displeases.

To love a human being requires principle and emotion and mothers like that have no principle.
>>
>>17888675
merry christmas
>>
>>17888695
Hahaha. You tell that to op too, anon. I'm sure that will cheer him up at least after his mommy ruined his Christmas.
>>
>>17888651
*Your overly verbose posts about a retarded plan to reconcile through someone close to her is based on arm-chair psychology and tells me you're autistic. Stop posting. It's making me uncomfortable.
>>
>>17888456
Your mother's reaction was probably the release of a lot of pent up emotion and stress this christmas. My mother used to get like this every year, because women generally want everything to be perfect they overthink things to the point where there is a hostile atmosphere in the air which eventually ruins Christmas.

As long as you're sure your sarcastic tone was only just that, then maybe she over-reacted. Maybe she's in financial difficulties? Lots on her mind possibly.
>>
File: ZNTexD4.png (353KB, 600x487px) Image search: [Google]
ZNTexD4.png
353KB, 600x487px
>>17888456
My mother was a night-shift nurse when I was growing up. I remember she would sleep during the day on the couch in the living room and if I made too much noise downstairs, then she would flip out. It happened alot. Felt bad at first, but I'm just glad I don't have to live with her anymore.
>>
Sad stories general?

All my mom spent doing today was cleaning the house, literally from morning till dusk cause my brother and his wife are coming over, and that's all she's been doing, so I go to the sink to wash a utensil, turn on the faucet, and she blurts out, "You're using too much water!" turns it off immediately then instructs me like a little child how to wash a little bowl without expending "too much water" It was humiliating to say the least and it pissed me off cause it's pretty clear she's this way cause instead of relaxing she always goes nuts in cleaning anything and everything whenever my brother is coming around and then she flips out at me unnecessarily over some really basic stuff. Not the first time it's happened either.

Now I'm back in my room cooling off. Didn't want to say anything I'd regret later and ruin the holiday season.
>>
you must kill your mother it is the only solutionn
>>
update: she came home and shes cooled off but i can still sense the anger in her voice though, its kinda awkward

also learned how autistic some of /adv/ is
this shit prob happened like 3 times in my life ergo why this situation was so dire to me
>>
>>17888874
>>17888747
moms are easy to love very hard to like
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.