[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

24hr surveillance by parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: chickn.jpg (44KB, 480x298px) Image search: [Google]
chickn.jpg
44KB, 480x298px
I'm 29.
>Can't go into yard outside without telling parents first.
>They track my location using my phone
>Eating is controlled- especially junk food, max 2 cookies a day. Sometimes I'd like to make the bad decision to eat more.
>Strict bed/wake time without even 5 minutes flexibility (10pm-8am. I can be in the middle of working and not be allowed to finish, lose my save file) regardless of weekend or holidays. No naps.
>They expect grandkids, but I wasn't allowed to talk to guys until college and never had a bf. They want to freeze my eggs- I don't want kids.
>They read my emails, texts, whatever screen is open on my computer.
>Constantly ask what I'm doing. If they leave the house for 1 hour, they call and ask what I'm doing.
>I put a do not disturb sign on my door, and they ignore it. Walk in on me getting dressed.
>Sometimes I stay in the bathroom for peace and they lose their minds.

I've never done drugs/smoked/drank/partied/ or neglected school or work (no judgement of those who do), so I wish they'd trust me. They don't wish me ill will but are worried/OCD. They're retired now and rarely leave the house, so it's worse than before. They don't have other hobbies.

Some exacerbating factors:
>I'm their only child
>I'm not medically well
>Robber broke into our home once while I was home alone, it's partly my fault
>I'm not financially stable

I know the solution is to move out, but is there anything I can do to make my situation better until that's possible in however many years?

Thanks if you read all that. Happy holidays.
>>
>>17888381
You need to move out. I don't know what else you want to hear.
>>
>>17888381
Have you tried talking about it? Suggest group therapy.
Perhaps just completely disobey them, I mean how fucking old are you? Get a back bone and try.
>>
>>17888381
Get the fuck out and do it now. This is not only abnormal, your parents should be jailed for kidnapping and creating a hostage situation. I'm not even joking btw, that is some seriously weird bullshit. Don't allow it don't put up with it don't let it continue and never look back when you do.
>>
>>17888381
>I know the solution is to move out, but
No but, you know what you have to do so do it.
>>
This sounds fake as fuck, but the possibility of it being true is pretty terrifying to me. So yeah, you most focus all your efforts on moving out, your parents are clearly nutjobs.

In the meantime the only thing you can do is to complain about it. I assume they care about you to some extent so that's pretty much the only leverage you have. Tell them the schedule is making you depressed. Even exaggerate. Tell them you can't live like that. Tell them you want only to live a normal, free life. Tell them a farm animal has more freedom than you. Tell them living like this is not very different from being in jail. Tell them you're deeply unhappy because of it. Repeatedly. Every single time they do shit like that tell them. Don't yell, don't argue (well not all the time. You can throw in some yells, cries, arguments and mental breakdowns once in a while, but that shouldn't be the norm), just tell them. Try to look sad and depressed, guess that can't be too hard in your situation, right?
>>
At 29 yrs old the things you're parents say should be more like unwanted suggestions then rules of any kind. There is no reason for you to follow these rules except the excuses you make in your own mind. You're not their daughter at this point you're their hostage. Idk where you live but in America stopping someone from leaving when they want to is called kidnapping and bears a minimum sentence of life imprisonment max being death penalty. You need to get you're priorities in order anon nothing matters more than freedom if you're not willing to fight for that then what will you fight for?
>>
>>17888381
Sounds like they lost a child they had before they had you, and now they wanna make sure it never happens again.
>>
>>17888381
lmao neet
>>
I don't think OP's case is a hostage situation.
I think there's a reason why they don't trust her. And probably it's a very good reason.

Open up, what's your medical history? My parents got crazy like that too when I tried offing myself, I had to eat with plastic utensils for four years after because they wouldn't trust me to hold anything pointy, sharp or breakable.

What's the big that happened? When did this start?
>>
>>17888381
The shit you describe would be excessive for a 9 year old.

> is there anything I can do to make my situation better until that's possible in however many years?
Very unlikely. They clearly don't see you as a normal adult and treat you like a criminal, once it reached that point, establishing a normal relationship again would need some distance.
>>
>>17888381
Any responses would greatly improve our ability to help you
>>
>>17888502
I'm sorry for replying late. One of them walked in.

>>17888407
I'm in therapy and have been given methods to talk to them about it, but it hasn't changed the situation. They aren't open to group therapy. It makes the situation worse when I disobey them.

>>17888398
>>17888416
Despite everything, I think it's better than being homeless. Homelessness is what would happen if I moved out. I work part time and may never be healthy enough for more than that. I'm trying to build up my self employment, but it could take years.

>>17888414
>>17888431
I'm an adult, so it's my fault I choose to stay. I'm worried they'd harm themselves if I left, but they don't bar the door shut.

>>17888424
Thanks for the advice. I think I will try to make it more clear how it feels from my view.

>>17888459
I contracted an autoimmune disease possibly from a bug bite virus in college. There's no cure. I think my parents were like this before then, so I don't know what I did. They came from unstable childhoods and probably wanted their child to have a better life but are misguided about it.

>>17888487
You think it can be normal if/when I move out? I hadn't thought of that possibility but would be very glad for it.
>>
>Robber broke into our home
How is that a factor?
>>
>>17888517
That event made them think I can't take care of myself.
>>
File: adult-baby-2.jpg (54KB, 497x301px) Image search: [Google]
adult-baby-2.jpg
54KB, 497x301px
>>17888381
>29
>2 cookies max
Hahahah. I'm 42 and my parents let me eat 3 cookies when I larp as their child!
>>
>>17888511
Accept one thing: it's not because people wish you well that they will do you good. Your parents are absolutely toxic, what they do is excessively abuse. As a dependant adult, you need to find options.
>Other relatives that can take you in?
>Find roomates to move in with
>Find a clinic or hospital that you can live in and get treated (it seems like your parents might even pay for that)
Now, having such a disease doesn't mean you need parental care for the rest of your life. So you need to quit using that as an excuse and get moving.
>>
>29
Get a job and move the fuck out. End of thread.
>>
>>17888554
Thank you. I have considered those options and always assumed they'd be worse, but this opens my eyes to rethink that. The disease isn't an excuse, you're right. I only mentioned it so as to get more applicable advice.

>>17888560
I have a job. I'm all ears if you have suggestions for getting a job I can live off of.
>>
>>17888601
what kind of degree do you have?
what kind of autoimmune disease is it?
>>
If you're consenting to staying, then it's your fault.

If you're not consenting to staying, it's their fault and you call the police.

This is not very difficult. If you don't like it, leave.
>>
>>17888601
I live in a clinic myself. I have lupus. Even if I lived elsewhere, I think I'd be pretty ok too. I live in a city highly populated with latinos and found self-employment by teaching English informally. I'm sure you'll find your own way.
>>
>>17888691
Bachelors in art (not fine art but a more commercial kind). It was a bad decision. I would've gone for liberal arts, but I got into the best art college in my country and graduated top of my class, so I thought I could find a job if I worked hard. The work I get is minimum wage and not quite enough for moving out with roommates. I'm willing to do more schooling, but I'm afraid I'd be too old upon graduating to be hired. As for why I didn't go back to school earlier, I was too sick to even walk for several years. I'm a bit better now and would do whatever it takes.

I'd rather not say the specific disease for privacy reasons with all the other details I gave. I'll just say I'm bedridden some of the time, and there is currently no medicine for it.

>>17888721
I asked the wrong question in my OP and probably should have asked how to find a better job to move out. I can move out and be homeless, but I think being trapped might be better than that, because I have access to the things needed to work.

>>17888732
Sorry to hear about your health. Would you mind sharing how you found people to tutor? Thanks for the encouragement.
>>
>>17888511
>>17888511
Tell them if they don't go to group therapy with you, you'll leave, whether or not it makes you homeless.
>>
>>17888736
can you say what type of bug it was?
ive never heard of such a thing happening.
i want to try to avoid this.
>>
>>17888736
Thank you. I'm indiferent to it, at this point. I'll enjoy life while I can.
This is what bothers me about your conditions. You already have limitations imposed by health, and your parents are making what you have left to enjoy into a nightmare. This is unacceptable.
As for business, I made a Facebook page for my professional persona, and ordered a batch of business cards. I had help from relatives here - I asked them to take some, and distribute to any immigrants they notice, but I distributed a lot of them myself as well, even to visitors of the other patients. It was a little unstable at first, there were months I didn't have a single student, but after about a year I could get a steady student roster.

I don't understand what a "commercial kind of art" is, but is it something you can teach children? If you advertise in the right neighborhoods, a similar scheme could work for you.
>>
>>17888742
I don't feel I can give an ultimatum. It's their house. It's really my problem that I still live in their house. Even if counseling would help them with their own problems, I think they'd be so ashamed of having to go that they might off themselves. Thank you still for trying to give advice. It might work in someone else's situation.

>>17888743
I wish I could tell you, but I don't know what kind it was. Maybe a type of flea, since it was a biting bug. The doctors didn't know, either. It's a freak occurrence, so I'd say it's very unlikely to happen to you and to just enjoy your life without fear of it.

>>17888749
It's comforting to hear from someone else with something similar health-wise. I'm glad you're doing alright for what things are. The novelty and grief of illness do reduce to a simmer after a long time. I really appreciate you sharing your method. I have business cards and could teach art kids; it's worth trying.
>>
>>17888772
I can certainly sympathize with your situation. I lived with my parents and finished my last two years of high school online because of Crohn's Disease and crippling depression.(No crazy rules.) Independent living can be much cheaper than you think. I recommend looking into a cooperative living situation which typically includes room and board as well as utilities for a very reasonable price.
>>
>>17888973
Congratulations finishing high school. It must have been tough, especially being hit with that so young. Thanks for the tip. I'm looking into cooperative living right now. I hadn't heard much about it before.
>>
1. save money
2. start looking for another job
3. apply to as many jobs as you humanly can
4. once you have a enough money and a better job start looking for a place
5. once you find a place move out and never contact you parents ever again
>>
>>17888381

> parents monitor everything I type on screen
> lurks 4chan

Lrn 2 bait thread
>>
>>17888736
The only serious degree for landing you a job is STEM. Doesn't matter from which college.

And yes, get a boyfriend. You need to grow up as an adult. Plus, if you find a decent man then you can likely live with him and share the bills.

If you don't anybody, local church might be the best place for you to find dating material.
>>
start dating a guy and move in with him immediately. he will be a total piece of shit and probably abuse you mentally if not physically, but it will be nothing compared to your current situation and at least you'll get laid. then when that falls apart move on to a different guy if you haven't managed to save money.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.