[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to cure oneitis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1761.jpg (107KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1761.jpg
107KB, 500x750px
I've been dealing with oneitis for the past few years. The girl I love broke things off because with life paths we were one, things wouldn't have worked. I understand that. Her desicion made sense, and I don't blame her for it. She moved far away and had a new, but good boyfriend now. but we still keep in contact and I'm very glad that we maintained a friendship. I fully understand that we'll never get back together. I get that. I'm not holding out hope that one day things will revert to how they were. I don't expect that to ever happen.

But even still. She occupies my heart. and I can not feel emotions or have feelings for others. I choose to not have sex with anymore, I haven't had sex in years. I've met a few girls, and some are even attractive but I just can't get into them. There is a girl I met 2 months ago who's a great girl. She's gorgeous, and we have a ton in common. She told me she wants to be my girlfriend. I told her I'm not ready yet, but she's so persistent. She even told me she wants to fuck. but, I just don't FEEL it. Like I said, she's a great person and we have a ton in common. But I just don't share the same feelings toward her that she feels toward me. all I can think about is my ex.

How do I get over this? and please don't say "have sex"..
>>
You're holding yourself back. You're still in love with her because you're an idiot. It's clearly not meant to be and she was smart enough to accept that and move on.

You deserve happiness and you're too stupid to let yourself have it.

There is so much more to this great, gorgeous girl that you've just meant who wants to fuck you other than the fact that you have a lot in common. You don't know if you share the same feelings towards her because you're not letting yourself find out. This really is self sabotage.

Stop being a dickhead, stop obsessing over somebody who isn't relevant to you or your life and please see this girl as a human being.

You're choosing to be an idiot and it's making you sad. Get to know her. If you really want to be the weirdo who obsesses over that one ex he had years ago for the rest of his short, pathetic, meaningless life then please tell her because she really sounds like a wonderful girl who deserves better. You know, as a human being with thoughts and feelings and memories and a unique personality that you don't know and appreciate.

Stop being like this. If you can't stop, seek professional help before you ruin your own life.
>>
Cut her out completely
>>
>>17887565
This

And the only cure to it is moving on. If you're not willing to, you're stuck, but by your own option
>>
>>17887559

I don't feel like I'm obesessing. Like I said, I understand why she left. It makes sense. I know we will never get back together. I completely understand that. I don't cry over her anymore. Just, I can't feel anything for other girls.

>>17887565

Yeah that's not going to happen. we don't talk everyday. not even every week or month. But I do enjoy talking to her. She's been a important friend to me. She enjoys talking to me too. If I just cut contact with her completely she would feel hurt.
>>
>>17887461
Can you elaborate on the different life paths you took? It's relevant if the issue is stemming from insecurity related to your different life choices.
>>
>>17887788

Careers, really. Our career paths geographically are taking us to different places.
>>
>>17887797
I don't know then. I would honestly give some consideration to what >>17887584 suggests. It's not an easy decision, but putting distance between you and her would definitely make it easier to feel things for other people.

At the end of the day though, it's fine to remain single. Make sure that wanting to not have "oneitis" is coming from a personal place and not from expectations imposed on you by others. If going through life single with her as a friend generates the most value for you, then that's just how it is.
>>
>>17887827
>but putting distance between you and her would definitely make it easier to feel things for other people.

There is already physically distance tho by several thousand miles. And we only talk maybe once a month. But I'm not going to completely cut contact by blocking her. Because I believe that would be a mean thing to do. It would hurt her feelings as well as mine.

But thanks for a honest answer
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.