[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

autism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I may or may not have autism and I'd like some advice on dealing with it outside of seeing a therapist and getting prescribed drugs of some kind.

The thing is that I am not entirely sure if I have it and if I do I could be considered pretty high functioning since I am able to hold down a job and communicate with other people normally for the most part

The problem is not really showing a great deal of emotion outside of of anger when interacting with other people and not really "getting" some aspects of social interaction (like small talk). This has led me not be able to make any friends since high school and never bothering to try the dating scene.

tl;dr help out an autist learn to behave less like an autist
>>
Nah, sounds more like Aspergers, which is on the Autism spectrum, but not as bad. I have it, and it basically means you don't learn to feel emotions as you experience them, as other people do. You have to manually tell yourself "This is something sad, so I should feel sad". I know it's awkward and seems stupid at first, but keep it up and within a few weeks you'll be experiencing feelings.

I was diagnosed with this at a younger age, but I just imagined myself being sad or happy in certain situations and it works! I've recently had an Aspbergers diagnosis test and the results came back that I was completely normal.

Don't give up. It feels so good being able to feel emotions :)
>>
>>17885664

you're fine anon. stop trying to say
>i think im different, so i must be mentally ill.

you dont need to deal with anything if you dont need therapy for it.

you're not a high functioning retard.

you're a retardedly functioning normie.
>>
>>17886342
>Nah, sounds more like Aspergers, which is on the Autism spectrum, but not as bad. I have it, and it basically means you don't learn to feel emotions as you experience them, as other people do. You have to manually tell yourself "This is something sad, so I should feel sad"

That doesn't sound like me at all, at least when I am by myself. If I am around others it becomes a bit harder to fallow along with the mood
>>
>>17886342
>you don't learn to feel emotions as you experience them
but isn't feeling an emotion the same as experiencing it?
>>
>>17886560
He meant to say "expressing".

Autists don't express emotion super well, and have trouble reading other people's body language and facial expressions. Also we get super fucking pissed about inane shit sometimes like change of plans. E.g. My mom asked if I could pick up milk the other day before stopping by her place to visit. I got irrationally upset about it and had to internally calm myself down and tell myself it's irrational.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.