[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become less scatterbrained and inclined to drop books/shows/projects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1475172027593.png (696KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1475172027593.png
696KB, 633x758px
How do I become less scatterbrained and inclined to drop books/shows/projects etc.?
>>
adderall
>>
>>17883834
Without drugs?

I'm willing to dedicate myself to something, a routine, ritual, anything, to change my mind.
>>
>>17883835
Start meditating to develop patience.
Start at 2 minutes. Just sit there and set an alarm. No matter what don't break away to look at the alarm.
Work up to 5 minutes.
Then 10.
Then 15.
So on and so forth.
>>
you're fine. you just haven't something that hit that sweet spot of yours. if you see a reason to do something, you will.
i have no drive to read fiction anymore eiter. not because i lack focus but because they have no benefits anymore.

what do you mean by dropping "shows"?

projects, depends on what you're talking about.

anyways, you will not do anything unless you know WHY you do it. you won't learn a new language for shits and giggles. but god damn yes will you pick up french after you overheard your crush say she would soak her panties for a guy that can speak french.
>>
>>17883840
I'll do this, now actually, thanks anon.

>>17883851
Certain things I can easily dedicate myself to, you're right, but the threshold for that seems so high that I hardly commit to anything at all. Moreover by scatter brained I mean pic related, it's how many tabs I have open right now and it's honestly below the average amount I usually have up.

>what do you mean by dropping "shows"?
Same with books, just not finishing them, not because they're bad but because I get distracted with something else.
>projects
Learning Spanish so I can talk to more people in my city(even though I'm introverted), putting together a journal so I have something to reflect on, getting better at programming etc. etc.

I do these things for a reason but it doesn't stop me from choosing to shitpost on 4chan or jump between hundreds of different tabs of trivial internet garbage.
>>
>>17883875
i still stand by my statement.

the treshold IS big. it's easier for people who don't think things trough to get passionated about something. but if just ONE tought crawls into your mind about how pointless it is to just consume a show that doesn't benefit you in the slightest, you're done. a lot of people are just brain dead and basically like zombies. for them, it's easy to get REALLY excited about cleaning the blinds. because it will make them appear like a perfect housewive and score them point with louisa two houses down the street. but if you once think about the fact that it might not be THAT worthwhile to impress louisa because who the fuck is she anyways, your drive to polish the blinds turns to dust.

to boil it down, if you once came to the conclusion that nobody knows wtf we are actually doing here and WHY, everything becomes pointless. then you either kys, go meditate in a cave in the himalaya, you try to find a way to "contribute and make a difference so your life will not have bern point- and meaningless", you fall into a dark pit of freezing up called depression or you start to be amazed at the fact that you got a very strange gift. you got one life and you can do with it what ever you want. you got some limitations to make it more interesting. humans have an amazing drive to understand and improve. maybe you can plug into that drive. for that to happen, you must challenge yourself for the sake of exceeding yourself, not others.
for example, it won't help to compare yourself to that guy that has it all and just give up. yeah, he might have gotten very lucky in the lottery of life. yeah he might have won the genetical jackpot, and so on. but that's HIS variaton of life he got as a gift. it serves no one to compare.

imagine life as a endless stair going upwards. at birth, people get dropped on that stair. some very high up, pothers at the bottom. then the climb begins. some look at the ones ahead of them and just think
cont.
>>
>>17883893
"why should i even try"? he's the same age as me and already 68 steps ahead. might just rest my bitch ass here and wait till i die.

other say "i'ma get that motherfucker". but if they don't, which probably WILL happen, the "lost" and will be devastated.

or, and this is a big OR, you take the focus back to you. see where you are and then figure out how to get to the next step. one at a time. you will see, you will pass millions of people, just sitting on their step without even having set out to pass them in the first place. sure, there will probably always be some ahead of you. but why should you care? you can always look down and see the step you started at vanishing in the distance
>>
>>17883893
>>17883900
God tier advice thanks anon
>>
>>17883827
smoke meth
>>
>>17883827
Be less depressed
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.