[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have had bad breath for basically my entire life, and it is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1466139504814.png (3MB, 2597x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1466139504814.png
3MB, 2597x1440px
I have had bad breath for basically my entire life, and it is fucking bad. If you have never suffered from it you can't understand at all.

To be honest when I was very young (Elementary school & early middle School) I had pretty bad oral hygiene. I think that is what started my problem.

Fast forward over a decade later and my bad breath issue still prevails. Now I really don't understand why.

Every morning I brush twice, use my tongue brush, and use alcohol free mouthwash. Before bed I brush once, use the tongue brush, and the same mouthwash.
I also chew gum the entire day while I am at work, and try to stay hydrated.

I have no idea what else to do, it has gotten much better over the years, but it is still not great at times either.

What else could I possibly do? I am willing to try anything that would help. I know there must be some anons that have gone through this shit.
Thanks in advance!
>>
Ask your dentist
>>
>>17883188
I don't even have one...
>>
>>17883180
Stop eating poop
>>
>>17883200
:( I don't
>>
>>17883194
Well, that's a fucking good place to start then
>>
>>17883204
Yea you are right, gonna get that sorted.
>>
Do you have any other health problems? bad breath might be a symptom of some other problem. How is your diet/fitness level?
>>
>>17883216
Nope no health issues. As far as diet I eat whatever is cooked at home (Cuban food) Rice, beans, meats, and etc. I also eat things like cereal, cup noodles, juices.

I don't do a lot of exercise though, I spend a lot of my time on the computer. (I am not fat or anything, I am actually very skinny)
>>
>>17883180

You could have an awful case of tonsil stones since you're using mouthwash, tongue brush abd stay hydrated. Tonsil stone suck and are a case of bad breath as well and unless you clear them out, no amount of brushing and mouth wash will help you

do you use floss? do you gargle your mouthwash?
>>
>>17883308
I do not floss, every time I try to floss nothing ever comes out. (Probably because I don't have anything there in the first place)

I do gargle the mouthwash a little bit, yes. Maybe I should do it longer then usual or spit out and get some more.

Tonsil stones are a thing for me, and occasionally I will get one in my mouth if I cough or gargle, or whatever it may be.
>>
>>17883328

There doesnt need to be "anything" for you to floss. Bad Bacteria gets stuck inbtween there and flossing gets it out. You should floss once a day, and don't floss too hard.

Gargle for at least 30 seconds and make sure you swish all around the mouth, get the roof, get the cheek pouches, get underneath your tongue.

After your routine wait like 20 minutes, then lick the back of your hand. Let the spit dry for like 3 minutes and sniff the back of your hand. What you smell is what other people will be smelling form your breath.
>>
>>17883342
Thanks! I will start flossing as soon as I can get some.

I gargle for about 30 seconds already, but I will try to swish around all the places like you recommended.

Thanks for the advice friend!
>>
A common misconception is that you are brushing/flossing to get rid of food particles from your teeth.

The goal of brushing/flossing is to scrub off built up plaque before it hardens into tartar (this process takes roughly 24 hours which is why brushing twice a day is recommended).

Enamel softens after eating so it's recommended that you brush at least 30 minutes after eating.

A dentist will clean up built up tartar and instruct you in how to properly floss, or you can just google it.

Since you've been having this problem for so long, Getting advice from a professional is a good place to start.
>>
1. Go to Dentist
2. Explain your problem and history in great detail.
3. Probably get referral to Oral Hygienist
4. Go to every appointment
5. Continue with strict oral hygiene regimen
6. ???
7. Profit
>>
Could be tonsil stones, they smell bad and are difficult to remove
>>
>>17883180
> /adv/ advises to remove tonsil stones
>Didn't know what tonsil stone is
>Typed in Google and clicked search
>OHMYGOD.jpg

Damn, /adv/ scarred me for life.
>>
You might also have post nasal drip, it's pretty common and can cause bad breath plus not help with the tonsil stones
>>
>>17883180
See a dentist and a doctor. If the problem is not in your mouth, it may be in your stomach. In either case it's fairly easily treatable once you find the cause.
>>
>>17883735
>>17883879
>>17883960
Thanks I am gonna try and get a dentist, and a doctor if I really need it. I appreciate it.

>>17883887
Yup could be.

>>17883923
Is there other symptoms? I doubt I have that.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.