[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons who were never fat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

What's your secret?
Did you play sports a lot?
Did you avoid junk food?
Is it just hard for you to gain weight in the first place?

if i ever i eat one spoon of junk food it becomes fat later on
>>
>>17881919
Anon, human bodies aren't immune to the lows of thermodynamic.
If you're fat is because you eat more than you burn. People who are thin eat less than then burn or as much as they burn.
It doesn't even matter the quality of food you eat, you could lose weight by eating one big mac menu a day if you exercised moderately.

You don't "eat a spoon of junk food and it becomes fat". If you eat extra food it becomes fat. That's it.
>>
never owned a car till recently

always walked everywhere or took public transit, carried a water bottle with me. drank mango juice.. not too often though.. too sweet..

just walk a lot, walk everywhere.

pat down your pizzas and flip them over, anything with fat, try to remove as much fat as possible... like, till the food basically looks dry..

if you eat anything with concentrated fat, like fudge, just drink milk or something that'll lax your stomach, so you can shit it out easier..

and control, just have self control..

plate size, you don't need a huge serving to feel full, maybe you just need to drink more water instead..
>>
>>17881919

i was considred to be lazy and ate a lot of junk food. i probably burnt a lot more than the average person even as an adult.

now that im older im having a harder time with my weight. not anything bad i just got a tiny bit of a belly. so little of a belly that im still considered 'skinny' but hwen i take off my shirt im not happy with myself, so now im trying to get muscle and then lose fat.

you probably ate more junk food than you realize or admit.

there's a funny thing where people with bleeding gums and bad breath cant figure out why they have these problems. there must be some magic behind their issue. then when asked how many times they brush their teeth they will admit only once a day. even though they know its recommended twice a day, they still rationalize that 'if im not doing it twice a day no one else is either... but why is my breath stinky and theirs not?'

this is you. you say 'i dont eat junk food' cuz you think of everyone as eating what you do. then when you get fat you rationalize its magic.

you probably eat too much pasta and spend a lot of time on the internet.
>>
>>17881967
oh, and now i run too, running is like brute force weight loss
>>
>>17881919
I either have low metabolism, a tiny stomach, or just no extreme desire for food. I like food but I'm picky.
>>
>>17881997
No appetite, that's the word I was looking for
>>
I usually just skip breakfast and dont bother with snack foods outside of once or twice a month.

Sp basically I only eat two times a day. I also occasionally get so caught up in my hobbies such as anime marathons that make me forget how hungry I am for an hour or so then go eat
>>
Yes
Yes
Yes

Genetics play a part of everybody's weight, but genetics can't beat human physiology.
If you burn more calories than you consume, you'll lose weight.
If you're trying to lose weight, eat healthy (monitor your portions) and exercise.
Easy
>>
I was a fatty my entire childhood and now where I'm in my mid 20s and finally got to a healthy weight and a fit body shape it takes SO much discipline to not get fat again. I'm hungry almost every day but don't lose weight. Quite the opposite. Despite the fact I do a small workout (20-30mins) everyday - if I eat 2000kcal a day I put on weight.
People always keep saying "just burn more than you take in" and they're right. But some people aren't genetically made to sit in front of computers all day and really really need to take care of their diet and exercise in order to maintain a healthy weight in this day and age.
On the plus side, at least I put on muscles as easy as I put on weight.
>>
>>17882032

pretty much this. different speed metabolisms definitely exist, but its hard to get fat if you're eating nothing but vegetables. it sucks but you gotta choose what you like more: fattening foods, or looking thin.

but if you eat nothing but veggies you're guaranteed to lose weight.
>>
>>17881919
Never been fat and even keeping "non-underweight" look takes a lot work for me. In my case it's clearly metabolism. (And maybe consuming a lot energy by brain, at least that's what I am trying to tell myself)

>Did you play sports a lot?
Only if jerking off counts. I barely even move beyond buying groceries.

>Did you avoid junk food?
Not at all. I don't like McFood because it tastes like shit but eat sweets and shit like chips pretty often. I generally don't pay attention if something is healthy or not, all I care about is taste (and energy provided) ... and I don't like veggies or fruits... Drinking soda rather often too and at least 4 energy drinks a day. When it comes to eating I am very irregular though, can be 900 calories a day, can be 4000. I try to get over 2k all the time but shit isn't easy. Eating is an annoying waste of time and I need to distract myself with something to watch/read to do it most of the time.

>>17881934
This is still mostly true though, while genetics play a huge part, simple lifestyle and diet adjustments can lead to the same effects.

>>17881997
A bit similar too me, although it's less of "no appetite" and more of "no time to think about eating". When I can find a moment and start eating, I really enjoy it but I rarely get any crawling for food and often have moments in the middle of the night when I realize that I didn't consume enough calories through the day.
>>
>>17881919
I've got great "skinny" genetics, but I also have eating habits that would make it impossible for me to get fat. I rarely eat more than once a day (one large meal for dinner) and my portion sizes are tiny compared to most other people. In fact, I get shit from people quite a lot for not eating. I just don't enjoy eating and feeling full.

That said, a few months ago I was having some symptoms of depression so I decided to start working out and focusing on my diet. I now eat a 500 calorie surplus and have put on 10lbs of mostly muscle. I'm still only up to 143lbs, though.
>>
ITT skinny people who are malnourished but think they eat a a lot. If they really counted calories they'd probably max out at 1,500 a day.

I don't eat anything processed. I eat a couple pounds of chicken a week, a pound of salmon, a pound of pork loin, and lots of steamed rice, broccoli, and green beans. I eat roughly 2,900-3000 calories a day. I work out 5-6 days a week for about an hour a session.

I played baseball from 3-15, basketball from 9-16, Taekwondo from 9-16, and skated from 14-20. Then worked manual labor jobs for most of my 20's. I'm 30 now.

I don't eat junk food often, almost never. I'll have a burger or a pizza once a month though.

No, it's not hard for me to gain weight. Humans don't have magic metabolism and genes can only do so much. The only exception being a legit thyroid problem. Eating a caloric surplus is all you have to do. Most people don't realize what proper nutrition is, or how to reach a surplus, and they THINK they eat a lo but they really don't.
>>
>>17881919
>What's your secret?
sadness
>>
>>17882130
Had around 2.5k every day for a month (kept track of it) in a attempt to gain weight (was mostly snacks with a lot sugar though) and didn't do much physically. I gained 1 kilo.

>Humans don't have magic metabolism and genes can only do so much.
There is no magic involved, depending on genetics your body just doesn't go full retard and stores unnecessary shit instead of converting it into heat and energy. Fat people often still feel weak and tired even though they "should" have enough energy. Also activities like sleep and exercise can affect it too, so it doesn't necessary have to be a problem with thyroid.
>>
>>17882156
>your body just doesn't go full retard and stores unnecessary shit instead of converting it into heat and energy.

You're right. Our bodies are complex machines that work in a very meticulous fashion. I suggest you learn about macros. Protein, carbohydrates (see complex and simple), and fats ( see saturated and unsaturated) play different roles in weight gain and loss, and in energy levels. Each of them has a certain role for energy expenditure, carbs in particular. Eat too many carbs but aren't active and you will gain weight. Eat the same amount of calories but less is carbs and you will loss weight with the same activity level.

The reason fat people feel weak and tired is because there's too much stress on every system in their body and they get fatigued easier. Not to mention carrying around all that extra weight can be tiresome. Imagine walking around with a 100lb backpack all day. You'd be pretty tired too.
>>
>>17882156
Also, how much do you weigh and how tall are you?

2,500 calories is probably like a ~700 calorie surplus for you. I'm assuming you average height and slightly skinny. So your BMR is probably around 1,700-1,800 calories a day if you aren't physically active. At a 2,500 calorie a day diet, you'll only put on about 1/2 lb per week, or roughly 2 pounds a month. Which is what you gained at 1 kilo...Which is healthy approach to gaining weight. Which is how it works.
>>
>>17882178
Oh I did read up about all the stuff after my experiment that focused on calories alone didn't go as planned; but even with the very same diet and activity level, there is enough potential for variations between people, even without more serious problems.

>Each of them has a certain role for energy expenditure
Sure but there are still two sides, and the other side is how the body processes these, and that can vary. You're right that skinny people often overestimate how much they eat while fatties underestimate it, and that on a very basic level it's about energy expenditure but the immediate effects will always vary between people with different metabolisms.

>Also, how much do you weigh and how tall are you?
5'11 - 132lbs at time of the experiment, if I recall it right the app told me 2.2 - 2.3k to gain weight, went with a bit more to be absolutely sure and the end result sure felt underwhelming. Was very carbs heavy diet with pretty much no fibers. No thyroid problem, and even relatively low blood pressure, so seemingly good conditions to gain at least twice as much.
>>
Keep in mind I'm European so that's no doubt a factor.

No, never played sports. I was always active though, I was allowed half an our of computer time and half an hour of watching tv a day as a kid and I was usually playing with a ball, climbing trees, running around with kids from the neighborhood etc. Nowadays I only use public transportation and it happens all the time that I have to walk ten-thirty minutes to get somewhere from the nearest bus stop, I like it, I just mule over my general thoughts and listen to music etc. I'm a vegetarian, drink lots of water eat lots of vegetables but I do eat a lot of sugar, I use real butter and oil a lot, I don't eat particularly small portions for someone with my stats. But I don't eat to console myself or pick myself up, or because I'm bored. I allow myself cravings but if I'm not hungry at all I might skip a meal. I feel like this keeps me more in touch with whether or not I'm actually wanting food. I also don't drink any kind of soda, just unsweetened coffee and tea and water, because my teeth are really shitty (and no not even British).
>>
>>17881919
I just never had any appetite. If I don't eat for a couple of days I will feel tired and depressed but not really hungry so I have to remind myself to eat once in a while. 6'4 and I eat about one meal a day.
>>
My stomach hasn't been flat since junior high, but belly flab is only visible if I am naked and I don't even have muffin top, and it's more of swell than a flab (that folds over itself?) So I guess I am not fat?

I don't count calories and I don't work out, but I walk everywhere (my apartment is also a walk up so I exercise multiple muscles lifting my grocery cart up the stairs). I don't get sedentary, I get up every other hour or less to tend to my plants, do a chore, go over my things, I also fidget a lot which does burn some fat. It's easy to be tied to a chair when you are watching TV or watching and reading something online, but a lot of my entertainment is listening to read stories or radio theater like what Chilling Tales For Dark Night does, my favourite for this is Otis Jiry as he has a clear even voice so I could catch snippets of the story even when I am cooking/cleaning/sewing/putting-together-ikea-furniture.

I limit my intake of sugary drinks even though I LOVE coca-cola. It's cheaper to buy in bulk sodas from groceries because sodas is expensive at restaurants, especially ones with spicy dry foods, but if I buy bulk soda from the supermarket I will just chug more - soda is not a drink for home meals / regular meals. I prefer tea and coffee with double milk/cream with one sugar or no sugar over juice.

I stay away from diet sodas - which studies find make you fatter than normal sodas by making you hungrier. I drink 3.25% milk - it makes me feel fuller and doesn't feel like a punishment the way skimmed milk does 3.25% milk with cornflakes and banana is my breakfast and sI feel hungry before bed, cornflakes also fills me up without adding bloat, and it's fiber and vegetable in one.

I might go for seconds if someone is really delicious, but don't ever make seconds a habit. As I prepared most of my own meals, portion is less of an issue.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.