[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be more positive naturally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1410876217829.jpg (121KB, 795x800px) Image search: [Google]
1410876217829.jpg
121KB, 795x800px
How do I be a more positive person without feeling I sound like a complete idiot?

I'm trying to be more positive. I just feel like a lot of the time I feel or sound completely ridiculous or completely ignorant. But at the same time, I'm tired of being cynical and depressing all the time.

Am I just supposed to force it until it works? I feel there's an advantage to always being positive and seeing the good no matter what. But it definitely feels like a skill I have to learn.

Halp
>>
Being around positive people helps a lot.
Naturally positive people always look for and find the good in things.

I'm confused as to how you think you sound like an idiot, could you give an example?
>>
File: Ayylmao.jpg (37KB, 440x358px) Image search: [Google]
Ayylmao.jpg
37KB, 440x358px
>>17881318

>Being around positive people helps a lot.
Don't really have that luxury. I don't have any friends. The only people I'm around are family (who are extremely negative and have tendency to bring me down often, part of the reason I'm trying so hard to be positive just to get away from that atmosphere) co-workers (who are also jaded and upset about working) and customers at my job who can be negative and irritable as anyone who's worked in retail can attest for.

I'm basically surrounded by negativity everywhere I go and I'm just trying to not let it all get to me and bring forth some positivity in my world.

>I'm confused as to how you think you sound like an idiot, could you give an example?

I don't know, I can't think of any specific examples off the top of my head, but I'll find myself in some shitty situation where it's easy to say or be negative and I'll instead say something painfully optimistic or hopeful about the situation. I just can't help but feel like a huge fag with my background of being really cynical and depressing all the time.

I suppose it's just being in uncharted territory and feeling a bit uncomfortable with the whole thing, but I don't know if there's any way to dampen the blow.
>>
Congrats on seeing the bright side of life, or at least starting too. :) This sub can be so negative sometimes that your issue seems like a bit of relief. I think you're right in that it is a new skill you have to learn. Take small steps and gradually take bigger ones. Start with telling yourself every morning you're grateful to be alive and you will have a great day. Then do one thing you think will be positive like offer someone advice here or read about something that brings back "faith in humanity." At the end of the day find one thing that you found positive in your day or life. The fact that you can breathe on your own is something you can be grateful for this leading to a positive state of mind everyday and that is just the start. I also agree on surrounding yourself with naturally positive people to practice your skills. I wish you well on your path and this internet stranger is happy for you.
>>
>>17881368
I grew up in a similar household and I also don't have friends. I was depressed most of my life. I read some stupid law of attraction book. I don't believe in most of it, but now when I think of negative I think "If I keep being negative or saying x is horrible, then I'm saying I want it to be horrible".

When bad stuff happens, I try to think of good stuff, like "I fucked up at work" but I try to think of positives like "At least I have a job". It won't happen over night. It takes a few weeks to get used to a new habit.

I still have times when I just want to be negative, so I just allow myself 5-10 minutes, after that, I try to move on.
>>
File: 9HkENHE.jpg (57KB, 671x673px) Image search: [Google]
9HkENHE.jpg
57KB, 671x673px
>>17881459
For what it's worth, thanks.

It's really hard though. In the short I've made a conscientious attempt at being more positive, I've come to realize just how many negative influences there are in my life. Nearly everything around me is negative, irritating or depressing in some manner. It's really no wonder I fell into this sort of cynical state of mind in the first place. It's definitely a challenge to look at everything around and not think of some sort of negative about it.

I'll keep trying, I just wish I didn't feel so awkward about doing it as much as I do.
>>
>>17881243
swallow your pride and just do it, I find myself being quite a hypocritical and cynical bastard myself, but lately I've been trying to be more positive, compliment my friends, thank them for doing something and stop criticising them over trivial things (even if it's just for the purpose of banter)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.