[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know just how damaging anorexia is for say, a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: background_img.jpg (353KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
background_img.jpg
353KB, 1920x1080px
Does anyone know just how damaging anorexia is for say, a few months?

I know that not eating enough for an extended period of time causes a lot of negative shit to the body and I've even seen that it "takes 20 years off your life" but what about for a shorter period of time, like a few months? I just want to know what life would be like if I had an "ideal female body" at some point when I'm younger (I'm 20 now). I've never had an eating disorder and I don't think it's /necessary/ to be thin or whatever so I don't think it'll get to the point of mental disorder if I do it for a bit, I just want to know what life is like to be an attractive woman.

I've tried working out/eating healthy (I was vegan for almost 2 years, I ate very clean) and never quite got to a thin build because I think my body just isn't naturally that way. I don't hate my body as it is now either, I'm actually fine with the way I look, I'm just interested in how others would treat me or how people in my life would react if I got thinner. That being said, I'm not looking for advice to accept myself or not to do this, I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea just how damaging it would be? I'm not entirely set on the idea either, I really am just curious.
>>
>>17881240
Don't do it don't be stupid
>>
It will probably take a few weeks, before you're actually "anorexic" because of all that fat still stored around your body. After that, you'll probably feel continuously weakery, your immune system will not be functioning perfectly and maybe even your period will be affected. Just google malnutrition. Of course this all depends on how "extreme" you try to do it. Please just don't.
>>
Too dangerous to try. You may say you want to try it for a month, then next month you say just one more month and then you end up with s full blown eating disorder.
Instead focus on trying different healthy exercises and diets. Have you tried weight lifting? Visit a proper nutritionist, dietician, and trainer. Better to invest in what you want to achieve through healthy means that will lead to a healthy lifestyle for the rest of your life rather than a cheat you'll come to regret.
>>
>"ideal female body"

No such thing. Literally no one person's "ideal female body" is anothers'. I like size 10/12 girls. Of my close friends, I know some guys who like stick insects and others who are real chubby chasers.

> when I'm younger (I'm 20 now)
You're still just a baby. You still have a good dozen years before you start getting flabby.

> I'm not looking for advice to accept myself or not to do this

Tough shit. Any advice to the contrary would be both extremely idiotic and highly damaging.

>anyone has any idea just how damaging it would be?

It will make you look like unfuckable shit and knock about twenty years off your life.

Truth is, if you eat and do enough exercise for health reasons (not image reasons) then you'll have your body type and enough people will find you attractive.

FWIW, my BMI is 18 and I have 11% body fat. Save for a few points either side, no matter how much or what I eat and how many hours I kill at the gym, I will always have the build of a Grand Tour cyclist/lean boxer. And this is cool. Some girls find me hot and that's great. Other girls won't even look at me and that's their choice.

If you still think you want anorexia then you should seriously visit a psychiatrist.
>>
>>17881437
>flabby

Should read saggy...
>>
>Im not looking for advice not to do this
Too bad, this is what you'll receive, because doing it is really stupid. Not because "accept yourself", not even because it's damaging, but because it will achieve absolutely nothing, quite the opposite. If you starve yourself you will lose weight at an accelerated pace for a few weeks, both fat and muscle and then your body will "adjust" to it, you will loose less weight and you'll always feel tired, lethargic, you'll become frailer and weaker. The issue here is that you will loose muscle much faster than you would if you tried to lose weight with a balanced diet, so, depending on your current weight you may actually become saggier. Either that or you'll be extremely thin which is really unattractive to most men. Girls who have those perfect thin builds you're thinking about it achieved it through luck (genes), a strict but balanced diet and working out. Not by starving themselves.

That "thin build" depends on 3 things: your natural body shape, how much fat you have and how much muscle mass (and where) you have.

You can gain muscle mass and lose weight, but you can't do anything to change your body shape. Well nothing short of surgery. If you have a large waist and small hips, for instance, you can't really achieve that "perfect female build" by working out and not dieting, just because your body isn't built like that.

But most women really underestimate the importance of muscle mass when it comes to their looks. The lack of muscle is the reason why most skinny girl have that saggy look. You said you were working out, but what exactly you were doing? Because cardio and really low intensity weight lifting will do nothing but burn calories (and improve your cardio-vascular system I guess). So if you want to work out to improve your looks you shouldn't do only "girly" exercises. Focus on your legs, glutes and lower back, but work every muscle group once in a while. Do medium-high intensity exercises (5-12 reps).
>>
>>17881240
>I don't hate my body either, I'm actually fine with the way I look. I'm just interested in how others would treat me, or how people in my life would react if I got thinner.
It's blatant you don't like your body, otherwise why would you change it? Your reasoning of wanting attention under the guise of a 'social experiment is ludicrous.
Being anorexic is very dangerous, instead try intermittent fasting twice a week- clears your head and makes the lbs drop off... Though continuing your vegan lifestyle and proper exercise is a much healthier alternative.
You may think it's a gateway, but better that than going full ana. Just make sure you drink plenty of water and maybe get some fruit if you choose not to go full fast.
Also, don't eat after 6:30-7pm if your schedule can allow it, it's better to eat dinner at 4pm and just have a snack at 6-7.
With anorexia, there's huge consequences in terms of even short term starvation- irreversible hair loss, nail, eye, liver, muscle and kidney damage, severe malnourishment of vitamins and minerals... There's a laundry list of things that can go wrong in such a short amount of time, even 6mo can produce horrible life long complications. My cousin has been anorexic for around 2yrs... she now has a 'shadow' over her liver and is waiting to find out if she's fucked it up, she's only 17...
>>
why don't you just diet?

anorexia you'll likely only lose around 5 pounds a week at most, and you can't sustain that for long

But with a diet you could easily lose 2 pounds a week consistently
>>
File: 1473213270503.jpg (389KB, 2280x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1473213270503.jpg
389KB, 2280x1130px
So here is someone with experience.
I dated a guy who was tiny. And I am chubby.
> stop eating much for 3 months dropped 30 pounds. Like 700 cals a day.
Feels amazing. But when we broke up I gained it all back within one and 1/2 months.
It becomes an issue when you lose the weight and realize by eating one meal you can gain weight quickly which makes you scared to eat. I'm actually trying to get back on not eating.
Cons are
> dry skin
> people will notice you're not eating
> can lose hair and grow fuzzy hair in unusual spots.
^ that didn't happen to me.
> get sick easily. Your immune system is gonna suck. Like I always had a runny nose. And puking bile is painful.
So you just gotta be careful.
Also your patience will be gone. Enjoy being emotional.
Get plenty of sleep and water to please.
>>
>>17881240
>anorexia

fatal

/thread
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.