[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coping with age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I'm really young compared to my family (I'm 24, parents are entering their 60s, siblings are in mid-late 30s)).

I visit my parents ~once or twice a year, and everytime I see them, it pains me to see them get older. Each visit is an extra grey hair on my mum, or a new medication pill bottle i see in the cabinet, or another wrinkle.

I'm pretty fucking horrified that my parents will be staring death in the face (70+) before I'd even get married. From my POV, my siblings are lucky that they got to enjoy the company of my parents for a longer period of time than I will, and I feel that when my parents pass and my siblings become more distant due to raising children and being legitimate adults, I'll have no one left in my corner in life. My friends/acquaintances have their own shit to deal with, and finding a girlfriend/wife to fill the void of my parents is just asking for trouble.

How do I cope??
>>
Drinking heavily and lashing out at your siblings who will never view you as anything more than a child or spoiled.
Your parents didnt want you as a child, they wanted a grandchild they could play with before any of your older siblings could pop out any shitters. Sorry anon but it doesnt get easier, and your best bet is to find a gf with afamily to sponge off. Just dont pick a shitty poor one with drama and mental health histories.
I speak from experience as the youngest of 6
>>
>>17881223
>Drinking heavily and lashing out
What the fuck are you talking about? I'm sorry for your situation, but thats hardcore projection
>>
I'm a year younger than you are and my parents are (both even) sixty five. It happens. Yeah you could've had more time with them if they were younger, but there's always what ifs. Be happy you have siblings and won't be alone with the memories of your parents after they are gone. Try to use the emotion in a constructive way to motivate yourself to be the best child they could wish for and never have to regret taking them for granted. I do this with mine. My mom is the sweetest lady in the world but she talks loads and sometimes I just kind of tune out and realize I missed a bit then go "oh, she'll tell it ten more times".
But then I remind myself that she has lots of stories, so perhaps not. Perhaps this is the last time she'll ever tell me this particular one and I was just thinking nonsense instead of listening. So I ask her to repeat that part.
>>
>>17881201
Isnt that about the normal age to have in relation to your family?
Im 22 and my parents are 60 and 72, I have siblings ranging from mid 30s to early 50s.
Tbh ageing is kinda weird, i never think about my father as an old man, he goes out and has a very active life and is in shape, most people his age seem to be the classic textbook geezers (yay genes hopefully).
>>
>giving a shit about your parents
lmao beta cuck
>>
>>17881201
spend more time with your parents now
>>
>>17882406
t. orphan
>>
I'm in the same boat except I'm an only child and I'm 22. I'm a female so I'll probably get married and punch out a few. Grow a pair.
>>
>>17881201
I don't get it, what's wrong with death? I'm 27 and my dad is 70. We're both well aware that his life is winding down. Mom died of cancer 3 years ago. I ask my dad questions about things like death and old age frequently, and we like talking about these things.

He's not afraid of dying due to a near death experience as a child, and has also had some powerful drug trips reinforcing his opinion. When I asked him if there was anything good at all about being old he said, 'yes, there are many things,' and he gave me a lecture of all the positives.

He's made death a pretty difficult thing to fear
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.