[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does this bother me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Eagle_nest_0030.jpg (358KB, 1350x886px) Image search: [Google]
Eagle_nest_0030.jpg
358KB, 1350x886px
Why does it bother me that my friend is essentially a poser who began listening to the same music i listen to and now he acts like he's such a unique individual for listening to said artists? and since then hes become a elitist music circle jerker
>>
>>17881166
bump
>>
He's just a mild douchebag that wants you to like him. You'd feel that way about him with whatever he does.

I have a few friends like that too. They seek validation by picking up interests of other friends in the group, then do a lot of studying on it (or they think they do) so that when they discuss it with you, you can be all impressed with their unlimited knowledge.

..Even though it's obvious they're missing a lot of key elements.
It used to bother me. Now I just kind of brush it off since I've grown to be endeared by it
>>
>>17881166
Because it's always annoying when people do that. "Taste" is not an accomplishment worth bragging about, he's just passively enjoying the music that other people created. It's fine to be into the stuff you like, but not to act like it's a way to one-up other people or act like a snob.
>>
>>17881166

similar but different story

>best friend from highschool is 'punk' because hes different and punks are different
>then next year hes 'emo' because hes different and emos are different
>then next year hes a juggalo because hes different and juggalos are different
>every year tells me im a conformist for not doing what hes doing

im hardly even a normie.
>>
>>17881785
>>17881791
so im not being petty when i say that it really fucking annoys me sometimes?
>>17881794
how ironic, that guy sounds like a bit of a paranoid 'please like me' dickhead
>>
>>17881848
Ehhh. Depends what you say to him. Personally I'd just play along. At least it's something to talk about that you actually enjoy..
>>
>>17881166
Probably because you recognize some of your own thinking in his own behavior.

Either he annoys you enough to stop hanging with him, or it's not even relevant enough to waste thoughts on the shit.
>>
>>17881785
This anon has nailed it.
>>
>>17881166
>Why does it bother me that my friend is essentially a poser who began listening to the same music i listen to
It bothers you because you're still an immature adolescent. Dont worry, you'll grow up.
>>
>>17881848

>how ironic, that guy sounds like a bit of a paranoid 'please like me' dickhead

ironic yes. as for the rest... kinda? he wants to be different. most people do. and they will go to extreme lengths to be unique instead of just showcasing what actually makes them different.

cuz unfortunately on top of wanting to be different, everyone wants to belong. so its easier to do that by aligning yourself with a group that seems superior, so that you liking it makes you 'different' but not in a bad way. then you can also say you got there first and everyone else is a poser and you're legitimately the only person in the world who just likes that band for the music.
>>
>>17881785

this bothers the shit out of me

>just moved to highschool
>5th one in four years
>the first people to approach the 'new kid' are generally people who are social outcasts, trying to get dibs on a new friend
>girl asks me what im into
>explain i just finished listening to 'afterlives'
>its a really obscure internet audio drama
>she says she loves afterlives
>im surprised, literally no one i have ever met has heard of it
>i talk about my favorite characters
>she agrees wtih my favorites
>i then ask her her favorite episodes
>she draws a blank
>'i think were talking about two different things..' she says
>oh okay, what are you talking about? - i ask
>'yeah idk...'

was annoying but funny.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.