[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental illness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/. I've been diagnosed with 2 mental illnesses and i'm exhausted, just tired of this shit. What should i do?
>>
Do what your doctor told you to do
>>
>>17879642
Which 2?
>>
can't go wrong with suicide
>>
>>17879642
If it' depression and angst they go hand in hand and will betreated symbiotically by your shrink. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>17879735
MDD and GAD
>>
>>17879787
Major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder, had them both for year, i just can't seem to even function anymore, nothing seems to be working
>>
>>17879743
can't do that, i have people, i can't hurt.
>>
>>17879825
I found that the best cure for these things was physical exercise. Get into a gym routine. If you have the money, definitely get a trainer bc they will provide motivation and prevent injury. Just get moving in some way. That will get you 'back into your body' and you will start to release the natural chemicals your body makes to make you feel happy. Get addicted to going tothe gym. It's going to seem impossible initially because of the depression, but do whatever it takes to get your ass to the gym. Also stop eating shitty food and take a multivitamin everyday. If you live in a dark and cold climate, take vit D.
>>
>>17879840
i haven't even left my apartment for a week and a half now, and i hardly have enough motivation to even take my medications
>>
>>17879855
Is there anything you enjoy doing even when you feel depressed? I started watching old classic movies when I was depressed and it stopped the endless internal dialogue and also the story and characters helped reconnect me with my feelings again
>>
>>17879887
i tend to lose interest in anything i start doing, however i also tend to recite song lyrics a lot in my head or talk to myself to try and quiet my inner voices
>>
>>17879915
you have to break the endless internal mental masturbation. It does absolutely nothing adaptive for you. Try the movie thing and see if it works. Alternatively, there are a wealth of podcasts on any number of topics. You need to break the cycle. It is self-sustaining and won't go away without some external factor breaking it. Just my experience. Best Wishes anon.
>>
>>17879947
Thank you for the advice
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.