[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I give up on the idea of kids and marriage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1409095844212.png (5KB, 459x292px) Image search: [Google]
1409095844212.png
5KB, 459x292px
Ever since I can remember I know this was an objective in my life, but after so many unsuccessful relationships I just don't think it's ever going to work out...

Women these days don't seem to be interested in putting any work toward a relationship and I hear so many horror stories even here and in real life.... it's like everything and everybody is telling me to forget about it and that's not worth it
>>
>>17878726
Why not just become a sperm donor, anon? I am being absolutely serious.

You can father as many as 100 children and have no legal obligations to them. You'd have fulfilled your biological goal as a male and you'd have all the time in the world for yourself. Everybody wins, courtesy of science.

Just check out this Dutch autist. Even he managed to get 20 [triggered] roasties pregnant.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2025900/Autistic-Dutch-man-fathers-20-children-sperm-donation-lying-health.html
>>
>>17878734
I don't want just to be a father, I actually want to raise a human being and have a family and have a meaningful relationship with someone
it's not about just check-marking an evolutionary obligation
>>
>>17878744
>it's not about just check-marking an evolutionary obligation

dam nigga, you jus made me sound like a sykopat or some shit
>>
>>17878748
sometimes I wouldn't mind being a sociopath. At least I wouldn't be able to give a shit even if I tried
>>
>>17878726
Personally recommend against it.

It just doesn't make sense from risk management perspective, more likely than not you will be raising kids that will end up hating you in the divorce and you will be left without a family or home. That is if the kids were yours to begin with.
>>
>>17878825
that's the thing: people are so cynical about the idea nowadays. I wonder why is that? I personally don't see more kids hating their parents nowadays (besides during puberty) yet everybody is so afraid of the idea
>>
>>17878744
You know the risks, if you really want to do it, go ahead and do it. People take risks all the time - any time you leave the house there's a chance you will die. It's up to you to decide if it's worth the risk
>>
>>17878726

Frankly, I've all but given up on it. I've just kind of realized that pragmatically it's not a great idea, when in my youth I thought it would be. I'm 30 years old, just for context.

Everyone I work with that has a kid and a spouse is just constantly fucking tired and worn down. They slave away from 8-5 or 8-6, just to leave and go pick up their kid from daycare, try to get some kind of meaningful interaction, and then the kid keeps them up half the night anyways. Wash rinse repeat. We make solid money where I work, but the cost of raising a child still is prohibitive.

All of this stress is built up for a tiny human that you barely get to spend time with, and all of this is ignoring the pitfalls of being married in the first place.

Marriage is like a weight these days - you're locked down to someone's agenda, your wife won't let you go out with your pals for a drink, you're obligated to sit your ass on the couch in front of Netflix or whatever each night...

I don't know, my freedom seems like too much of a price to pay, and that's even assuming that 10-15 years down the line when it will be impossible to meet anyone that we don't get divorced and I lose half of my shit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.