[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm Too Clingy With GF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
Long story short, my girlfriend says she feels like I'm suffocating her and I have no one to turn to so naturally I came to the one place where I can get made fun of for it. We've been dating for about 10 months and it is long distance for now. She did visit here in July for 2 weeks and it was the best time I've ever had and she says the same. We've already talked about possibly tying the knot when she graduates college and she is very happy when the topic gets brought up. She's a pretty avid gamer like myself and we often play games together with either my or her friends. Lately, she's been very distant with me. When I try to initiate conversation or what not, it usually ends up with her being mad or just her showing how uninterested she is in talking. I confronted her about it last night and she said she has been acting different even at work and she says she doesn't know why. We video chat almost constantly, but when she goes to play games with other people, I miss her and sometimes say things like "go play with your real friends." Joking but not joking ya know. Just my relationship anxiety getting the better of me.

I've been in a lot of destructive relationships in the past, and I try not to let that affect my current one, but it still does sometimes. She's a really good girl and I want to believe she has only good intentions, but she says she feels I'm suffocating her and she says I make her feel guilty when she's not spending time with me. What should I do? Am I just a shitty lover who needs to back off and that's it? I know my info is vague and I'll answer any questions that I can. Thanks in advance :)
>>
She's bored of either you, the long distance relationship, or both. Anything you do will turn her off more. Sorry but you're in a dying relationship
>>
>she says she feels I'm suffocating her and she says I make her feel guilty when she's not spending time with me. What should I do? Am I just a shitty lover who needs to back off and that's it?

Yes. Guilting people into spending time with you will always push them away. If you want to keep her, you'll give her her space and freedom. If she goes to hang out with other people, tell her to have fun (genuinely; not in a faggot passive agressive way) and you'll talk later. Let her initiate/text you back, and don't blow up her inbox while she's away.

Carrying on like you are is only going to get you dumped.
>>
>>17878621

tl;dr
>>
> long distance

found your problem
>>
>>17878628
I thought that too, but I think she's too involved and too far invested to just give up from being bored. Complacency I can understand, but I think boredom can be fixed. I hope. :/

>>17878636
My issue is it's just hard to do that. I know I have to do it, but my mind is just fucked up from previous cunts. I always feel bad when she says she feels guilty. It's not something I want. I will try to stop being a clingy faggot.

>>17878641
sorry :/

>>17878648
I really hate to admit it, but you're right. I'm just hopeful. That's all.
>>
>>17878621
>my girlfriend says she feels like I'm suffocating her
>it is long distance for now
>she's been very distant with me
>her showing how uninterested she is in talking
>she says I make her feel guilty

son, that bitch is fucking every guy in a 3 mile radius. Your relationship has already failed, exit now before you find yourself raising another man's child.
>>
>>17878657

Chasing her and clinging to her WILL push her away - this is an established fact. LDRs are difficult to begin with, so stop making it harder on yourself.

It doesn't mean you have to be aloof or ignore her or play silly games like that. It just means you have to be comfortable letting her have time to herself/with others. The fact that you are unable to do that points to your own insecurity and lack of self esteem. Find other things you enjoy doing that don't involve her.

I had a gf who used to do exactly what you're doing and it felt sooo good to dump her; like a huge weight was lifted off my chest. Don't be that person.
>>
>>17878665
Well, for one, I hope you're not right. Second, we've kind of come to a mutual understanding about it due to my past relationships usually failing to me being cheated on. I have even told her recently if she's fucking someone else, to just leave me and let that be the end of it because I don't have time for that. I know I'm being optimistic, and statistically the relationship should fail, but she's all I got so I'm clinging to her like white on rice.
>>
>>17878672
My insecurities could blot out the sun, but I like the idea of doing other things to keep my mind from wondering.
>>
>>17878673
>I have even told her recently if she's fucking someone else, to just leave me and let that be the end of it because I don't have time for that.

ffs man. You've sabotaged your own relationship with your crippling insecurity. Don't ever say shit like this to a girl. It highlights a very unattractive weakness of character. No wonder she's distancing herself from you; I would be too.

You need to find some pride and self worth before you can be a good partner to someone else.
>>
>>17878716
I've thought this myself. I really suck at this whole relationship thing.
>>
>LDR

take depression meds?

if you don't em now, might end up taking em 5 years after the breakup.. that's how long it took me to realize I had severe depression, and by then I was screaming at walls almost every day.
>>
>>17878846
the pills also balanced my brain a bit, so i could get a fresh outlook on life.. and worry less about others and more about myself. only took about 4 pills total and felt a change.. I'm no doctor though. so don't take my word for it.. but it worked for me.
>>
dont listen these advices about you bein a faggot etc. be yourself. if you feel insecure and want to share it with her, do it. idk what will this lead to, maybe break up, maybe you gettin cheated on, or maybe something good. but in the long term, tryin to act is just a waste of time. let the chips fall where its meant. thats how you find your way
>>
>>17879119
>just let everything fall apart and do nothing
>>
>>17878716
>Don't ever say shit like this to a girl
I told my girl I'd harvest her vital organs in her sleep if infidelty came to my attention, does that count?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.