[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what should I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1481339500264.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1481339500264.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
( posting one more time to see if I can get some more feedback) hi /adv/, I'm at a crossroads in my life right now, I've kinda been farting my way though school, or at least high school to the present, which would be middle of Sophomore year of college. the Uni i'm attending right now is pretty good school and it's not cheap either. like I said my grades have been shitty, and I kinda bombed my freshman year to a degree. this semester was my chance to kinda turn things around, but I just got part of my grades back today and things are looking pretty grim, however I have a few papers to still turn in, so things could still turn around. Thing is, whether or not I can stay, something needs to change. Like I said, I feel like i'v been farting my way through school, not giving a rat's ass. Don't get me wrong I want to graduate, however I don't think I'm working as hard as should for a $60,000 yearly tuition. I also don't think it's fair to my self from a moral perspective or my family if i'm just shitting away their money under the pretense that i'm "trying". I also think it would be incredibly beneficial to have a change of pace, help me develop some new outlooks on life. my question to ya'll is what should do? military isn't out of the question, however it's not my first choice either. I've been thinking about working as a roustabout on a rig in the gulf possibly, the works hard, but it pays really well for that kind of work I hear. Or should I throw myself back at the grinder and attend community college, work my but off and hopefully transfer to a better school? what do ya'll think? (pic semi related)
>>
>>17878603
Holy shit OP, are you literally me? I am going through the exact same thing. Also considered the military.
>>
>>17878967
What service? What corps? If you want advice, try /k/ on this.
>>
>>17878603
Contracts suck, generally speaking. Maybe you are ok with them, but I would feel uncomfortable with a stipulation that tells me I can't even leave my job.

Oil rig work pays "well" because it's shit work. Maybe you would enjoy it though, who knows before you try.

If you don't know what you want to do with your life, you need to try as many things as possible. My parents made me promise not to sign up for a military until I finished my undergraduate, and I would say it is good advice. The feelings you have now are temporary and don't require such a permanent "solution" like dropping out.

My advice: don't drop out. Get a lab job, or job in your or another interesting faculty on campus. My entire outlook on my major/school turned around literally in the final semester, when I first did "real" work in my field (geology). Look for an internship, network more. Some of my friends took a semester off because they were very depressed, maybe consider that. I more or less did the same, but unofficially (I just stopped really "attending" most of my sophomore year)

Don't worry about your grades so much, the purpose should be self-development.
>>
>>17879112
I appreciate the advice, it's for the most part pretty sound, however my grades do matter considering the fact I'm going to have to leave school considering how low they are. also I'm trying to major in history in politics.
>>
>>17878967
hey, no shit!? what are you doing right now?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.