[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living with a Schizophrenic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: pep.jpg (6KB, 191x183px) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
6KB, 191x183px
>be me
>16 years old
>single mother diagnosed with schizophrenia a few years ago after attempting to kill me.
>go to college every weekday
>recently quit her job, our only source of income
>can't bring self to hold a conversation with her
>she spends every day sitting in her room talking to herself, recently chanting "I am not a sinner quietly.

what do /adv/?, the mental health system here (UK), sucks dick, she won't go out and get a job and this is just adding to my stress, I can't ever be fully happy because I know in the room next door there is a mentally ill woman who has tried to kill me and there's nothing I can do to stop it.
>>
>>17875945

You are still underage. Contact child services and say you fear for your life and they'll sort your situation out quickly
>>
Have you tried speaking to Mind? They're a pretty good organisation who work with people who have mental health issues.

I'm also extremely surprised that she doesn't have any support in place from her GP. Schizophrenia generally isn't the kind of illness which is diagnosed and then not treated (although relying on those who have it actually taking medication is another thing).

When your mum tried to hurt you, did social services get involved? As you're in full-time education, you may still fall under them and could speak to them for further advice and support.

It sounds like you're in a rotten situation anon, but you need to think about your own wellbeing. Let me know if you need any further contacts regarding the support side for your mum.
>>
I've spoken to Social Services, they came round 4 (maybe 5? I've lost track of time?) weeks ago on a Thursday, they came in and told me that I'd get support. They haven't returned, all that happened was she exploded at me for talking to people in the outside world. Labelling me as a devil child and an attention seeker.

I haven't spoken to Mind, I may give it a go. And she did recieve help. She was sectioned for 3 days where I was moved to live with my Grandparents. She was given a bunch of meds she had to take but as of late she hasn't been taking them. I remember one type was "Mirtzapine"? or something similar.

Thanks for the advice as of current guys. I'm glad for the alternate perspectives.
>>
>>17876001

That's one medication prescribed to those with schizophrenia - it's really good that you have a knowledge of this.

Mind can be really fantastic and there will probably be help available to you because of your age. If you feel threatened at any point, think about calling the police or social services. You may wish to request the number of your allocated social worker, so you can contact them if anything happens.

Also try and remember that this isn't your mother choosing to hurt you. She is very unwell and probably isn't fully aware of what she is doing and saying.
>>
Damn man I feel for you
That must suck ass
I think you should really talk to somebody like a doctor or social worker
That must be scary as shit
>>
bumping for extra perspective
>>
Read the tutorial
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.