[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you tell if you got herpes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (8KB, 275x183px)
download.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Okey so, I got a zit or something in the corner of my outer lip a couple days ago and it scabbed up I'm assuming cuz I had chapped lips and kept messing with it but it went away and it kinda scarred. But now im getting little things on the other side that looked like white heads and little bearly noticeable bubbles on my lip line and I'm not sure if I should be worried :(.
I'm trying not to over think this into something it might not be, because I don't have sex but i did make out with some girl like a week or two ago so I'm kinda like wtf. I've never really had the bubble things but the zit yeah but idk I'm just sorta wondering Should i be worried about this??:(
>>
>>17875735

its probably not herpes. the only way to know for sure is to get tested. but here's some fun facts for you

>there are two types of herpes
>HSV-1
>HSV-2

HSV-1 is oral herpes. its literally just a cold sore. ever hear someone complain about a cold sore? that is literally face herpes. 95% of all humans are expected to get HSV-1. its not considered something to be worried or ashamed about. most people get it from their own family because most adults have it and adults will kiss their children on the cheek. again 95% of people get this.

most get a couple out breaks here and there and then one or two cold sores over the course of a decade. i havent had any cold sores since my inital break out when i was like 15.

HSV-2 is genital herpes. despite it being a lot more stigmatized, 20% of the population has it and is expected to get it. the current plan for the CDC is to simply let all humans catch it. they even recommend NOT testing for it with most hospitals becuase they'd rather just get it out fo the way. if humans live long enough 100% of humans will get herpes with the way our sex lives are currently going. condoms are only 40% effective against stopping herpes. so it just makes sense to not test for it, let people pass it along unknowingly and let that be the end of it.

fun fact, only 20% of people who have herpes know it. not because they are ignorant or anything but because they show no symptoms.

it IS possible for you to get HSV2 (genital herpes) on your mouth, which is why they dont recommend scratching your junk or eating out someone who has herpes. that being said it is pretty fucking rare and given your situation its likely not the case.

hope this helps.
>>
Ive been stressing about this sorta for a couple days because of well pimples and stuff suck, even if it is a cold sore or whatever do cold sores go away?:( I've never had this really before on my lips desu and the whole just kissing that girl thing has been weighing on my opinion with this too. Just I'm worried if this is going to go away or something or if its just cuz the weather has been chilly and I have chapped red lips or something just it's stressful:(
>>
I mean it might be because I've become really self conscious and poke at my face alot that it's getting worse, but idk imma feel really stupid if I get herpes from a girl after not kissing or doing anything with anyone for like 5 years :(
>>
>>17875749
>95% of all humans are expected to get HSV-1
Is this really a world statistic, anon, or only for the USA? Nobody in my family has it, and I only witnessed a single person having an outbreak my entire life. How can it be so common and still go unnoticed?
>>
>>17875808

according to wikipedia 95% of the human populace, but its wikipedia. it may just mean america.

that being said, where do you live? and when youget a full STD panel do they check for herpes? has literally no one in your family had a cold sore? i mean have you asked?
>>
Seriously I don't know many people who have had an outbreak, that's why I'm freaking out because what does this mean? Like am I gonna have fucked up zit lips forever? This shits scary man.
>>
>>17875808
It's one of those statistics someone pulled out of their ass.
It's like saying that 100% of all humans are expected to die at some point - doesn't hold any scientific value whatsoever, it's merely a number people who are infected with a lifelong infectious disease that can cause blindness if spread to the eyes and death if spread to infants can throw around to make themselves feel better.

The actual figures depend on a bunch of factors, such as geographical background and age.
If you want the actual overall estimated global infection rate, and without paying any mind to the age sub-groups, it's just a hair over 50% of people.

> tl;dr
In reality, HSV-1 & HSV-2 are much less widespread and harmless than everyone wants you to believe.
>>
File: 20161221_000148.jpg (739KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20161221_000148.jpg
739KB, 1600x1200px
Exact same problem here, never had oral sex with someone. Please help.
>>
>think I got herpes
>go to get tested for STD's
>their standard STD test doesn't include herpes
>have to go back for second test
>no herpes
>still get small outbreaks (I think I'm just jerking off dry too much)
>go to get second opinion
>he looks at it
>says it isn't herpes, and tells me not to worry about it
>get third opinion
>doesn't even look at it
>just tells me not to worry about it.

????? america btw
>>
>>17876036
I had it to when I was 5. Go to your local pharmacy.
>>
>>17876086
Don't worry about it
>>
>>17876086
It's not herpes fucko
Don't worry about it
>>
>>17876144
my dick has been inoperable because of redness and dry skin for a year.

I'm worried about that fucko

>day 4 of no fap trying to let it heal btw
>>
File: marla singer.jpg (99KB, 1918x801px)
marla singer.jpg
99KB, 1918x801px
>>17875735
cold sores are mostly caused by HSV-1 virus, genital herpes mostly by HSV-2 virus. The viruses are extremely common. Herpes viruses are far reaching, causing chicken pox, shingles, cytomegalovirus and other infections. Usually attacks happen from a single infected nerve and appear in the area the nerve innervates (called a dermatome). For herpes labialis (cold sores on your mouth or lips) this is usually due to an infection in the the trigeminal nerve which innervates around your lips (cranial nerve number 5 or V). When you get an outbreak the virus flares up and multiplies to high number due to stress (physiological stress such as illness or lack of sleep, not psychological stress), UV light (most common trigger is sunburns mild or severe), or other illnesses. After a flare finishes usually in a course lasting less than a week, the immune system beats back the virus, however the virus survives by living in the ganglion of the trigeminal nerve (the portion of the nerve where the nerve fiber's cell bodies are) and laying dormant there until the immune system breaks down again and allows them to multiply out of control leading to another outbreak.
~40% of the population will test positive for HSV-2 (usually genital) and a much greater number for HSV-1 (usually cold sore on mouth).
Due to how common the virus is testing is not routinely done, usually just get diagnosed when you come in with an outbreak. Also testing is somewhat worthless because dormant virus in the nerve ganglion would not be picked up by a serum test and invasive nerve biopsies are never going to be done, therefore testing is probably going to underestimate the rates. Most people get cold sore type herpes as small children from sharing saliva with parents/other kids/whatever. The most common reason for seeing cold sores in young adults and teenagers is the lack of sleep and stress of using drugs or alcohol.
>>
>>17876157
Stop dry jerking it and moisturize
Take colder showers
>>
>>17875808
because most people who have it are asymptomatic or don't know what it is when they see it
>>
>>17875735
>precursor, I don't have herpes: this is all second-hand info
having herpes isn't really a life-changing ordeal. with the oral strain, it's cold sores every once in a while (sometimes with decades in between) that are identical to pimples/ingrown hairs. the genital strain is red bumps, which aren't much different from all the other red bumps you have going on (shaving irritation, ingrown hairs, pimples, etc.).
there are meds you can take to reduce your risk of transferring it to your partners and outside of the social stigma you will probably live a normal, natural life
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.